You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Alex Jones
September 16 2019 5.52pm

Alex Jones

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 01 Mar 19 3.57am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The well known Joe Rogan had Alex Jones on his YouTube podcast the other day and in that one day it's received over four million views.

If you want to have a good time watching a crazy character then I can really recommend the view.

[Link]

There are deeper issues with Alex Jones of course, with the most serious of them being Sandy Hook and that is dealt with at the beginning of the podcast.

However, this guy has been censored from having his platform from all the mainstream digital spaces in a serious attack on conservative and libertarian voices.

The popularity of this guy as an entertainment is beyond proven and his censorship isn't justified.

The censorship of conservative voices in the digital space is unacceptable and unprecedented in modern times.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 01 Mar 19 11.05am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Censorship : the Nazi's used to burn books.


Lefties are the new fascists.


i may disagree with everything you say. But i will defend with my life your right to say it.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Online Flag 01 Mar 19 11.17am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio


i may disagree with everything you say. But i will defend with my life your right to say it.

That quote may have been relevant in it's day but no longer as nowadays it would be:-

I may disagree with everything you say but I will defend on social media your right to say it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace_in_frogland's Profile palace_in_frogland Flag In a broken dream 01 Mar 19 11.53am Send a Private Message to palace_in_frogland Add palace_in_frogland as a friend

Thought this was going to be about that irritating ugly, gobby Welsh bint from the One Show.

Phew. Carry on.


Edited by palace_in_frogland (01 Mar 2019 11.54am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 01 Mar 19 12.45pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The well known Joe Rogan had Alex Jones on his YouTube podcast the other day and in that one day it's received over four million views.

If you want to have a good time watching a crazy character then I can really recommend the view.

[Link]

There are deeper issues with Alex Jones of course, with the most serious of them being Sandy Hook and that is dealt with at the beginning of the podcast.

However, this guy has been censored from having his platform from all the mainstream digital spaces in a serious attack on conservative and libertarian voices.

The popularity of this guy as an entertainment is beyond proven and his censorship isn't justified.

The censorship of conservative voices in the digital space is unacceptable and unprecedented in modern times.

Fair play to Joe Rogan for not bowing to the hate mob and having his friend of many years back on the show. I turned off an hour in as I couldn't cope with Jones ranting about aliens (will re-visit later). But he did make a good point about the media's Sandy Hook witch hunt on him and he apologised for getting it wrong. But he's right that we should question everything as governments cover up a lot of s***.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 01 Mar 19 1.21pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

Fair play to Joe Rogan for not bowing to the hate mob and having his friend of many years back on the show. I turned off an hour in as I couldn't cope with Jones ranting about aliens (will re-visit later). But he did make a good point about the media's Sandy Hook witch hunt on him and he apologised for getting it wrong. But he's right that we should question everything as governments cover up a lot of s***.

Yeah, I had to dip in and out over a day.....Jones is exhausting and hard to follow.

Very entertaining though.

I agree, I also think he deserved significant criticism for Sandy Hook, but I also accept what he says in this video. He's apologised for it but some people won't let it go because of political agendas.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 01 Mar 19 3.21pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

His voice has gone as he's got older. Can't hit the high notes in We're Walking in the Air anymore. Shame.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rob1969's Profile rob1969 Flag Banstead Surrey 01 Mar 19 3.36pm Send a Private Message to rob1969 Add rob1969 as a friend

Maybe

Originally posted by palace_in_frogland

Thought this was going to be about that irritating ugly, gobby Welsh bint from the One Show.

Phew. Carry on.


Edited by palace_in_frogland (01 Mar 2019 11.54am)

Certainly when younger, and prior to motherhood, the ‘gobby Welsh bint’ had a really great looking body so I for one can forgive any minor Irritation she may occasionally cause.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace_in_frogland's Profile palace_in_frogland Flag In a broken dream 01 Mar 19 7.03pm Send a Private Message to palace_in_frogland Add palace_in_frogland as a friend

Originally posted by rob1969

Maybe

Certainly when younger, and prior to motherhood, the ‘gobby Welsh bint’ had a really great looking body so I for one can forgive any minor Irritation she may occasionally cause.

Agreed. She had great legs.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 01 Mar 19 7.51pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The podcast is now at over five million views.....perhaps they came for the legs but stayed for the lunacy.

Edited by Stirlingsays (01 Mar 2019 7.52pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 01 Mar 19 8.55pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

i may disagree with everything you say. But i will defend with my life your right to say it.


A key principle to uphold. For many a sudden love of freedom of speech is a coat they put on when they personally start to feel the chill. When the shoe is on the other foot it's a different story. Freedom of speech and expression are both essential freedoms no matter the political climate. No pick and choose, or exemptions to be had based on either personal sensitivity or bigotry. Any weak individual that looks to the government to give them preference, whether on the left now with 'hate speech' and reporting racist tweets to the police, or before on the right with moralising against or creating hurdles for couples and families that aren't a mirror image of their own, should instead worry about their own lives. Drug policy too is a disaster, especially the legitimate medical uses side. Much like prohibition, if you reign in personal autonomy beyond a point, it does more harm than good.


Edited by dollardays (01 Mar 2019 10.05pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 01 Mar 19 9.00pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

Fair play to Joe Rogan for not bowing to the hate mob and having his friend of many years back on the show. I turned off an hour in as I couldn't cope with Jones ranting about aliens (will re-visit later). But he did make a good point about the media's Sandy Hook witch hunt on him and he apologised for getting it wrong. But he's right that we should question everything as governments cover up a lot of s***.

I made it up to when he said 'Were you at the kitchen table when you were 8 hearing about cyborgs?'


For me what this Jones video displays, is how utterly futile trying to suppress opinion and personal expression is. It's whack-a -mole and leads to more people being interested, not less. Ban a channel, and the individual will appear on someone elses with a following just as big if not bigger. Ban that and eventually their message will get through elsewhere. There is no permanent way to shut down ideas, even bad ones, and nor should there be. It's best to let ideas coexist even if they are at odds with one another, because it stops extremes of thoughts and action from bubbling over. It hinders group polarisation and the ever popular identity politics of both the left and right, which is essentially on a par with safe space mentality. 'If I close my eyes will these people go away?'. No, grow up and adapt.

Edited by dollardays (01 Mar 2019 9.09pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Alex Jones