You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Home Form
May 21 2019 10.25pm

Home Form

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 09 Mar 19 5.30pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Has been sh@t for several seasons now.

I buy season tickets for me and my lad which cost £900 a season and yet only get to see about four or five wins a season which is rubbish value for money. It's great that we are decent on the road however we really need to sort the home performances as it gets tiresome walking home each week having lost.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 09 Mar 19 5.31pm Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

I hadn't noticed

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Online Flag Oxford 09 Mar 19 5.37pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

I can put up with defeat. It's sh!t performances and lack of passion and effort that annoy me.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rob1969's Profile rob1969 Flag Banstead Surrey 09 Mar 19 7.05pm Send a Private Message to rob1969 Add rob1969 as a friend

Serious question. What do we need to get/change in order to improve our awful home record. It is holding us back!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rob1969's Profile rob1969 Flag Banstead Surrey 09 Mar 19 7.07pm Send a Private Message to rob1969 Add rob1969 as a friend

Originally posted by rob1969

Serious question. What do we need to get/change in order to improve our awful home record. It is holding us back!

(Other than spend £50m on new players or sacking Roy tomorrow.)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 09 Mar 19 7.22pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by rob1969

Serious question. What do we need to get/change in order to improve our awful home record. It is holding us back!

It is funny but at home a lot of teams are now sitting back against us when in the past they might of thought to come out. They know our strongest weapon is quick counter attacks, particularly to Wilf who will skin the majority of defenders in the league. That is a credit to us but doesn't get us the wins. When away the pressure is naturally on the home side to come out and play as we all know. Now this will probably continue until we sort out the issues ourselves as it is an achilles heel at home. Solutions could be a creative attacking midfielder employed, with 1 oppo centre forward reverting to 3 at the back, stick 2 big centre forwards or little and large up front and pepper them with high balls. All of these could be possible with our squad. Gambles but that is what we may need to do. Hoping that at least we are trying to do something for next season as will we probably stagger over the line this season, due to a well drilled defence with an occassional rick in them and a strong counter attacking away threat.

Edited by Booted Eagle (09 Mar 2019 7.23pm)

Edited by Booted Eagle (09 Mar 2019 7.27pm)

Edited by Booted Eagle (09 Mar 2019 8.00pm)

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 09 Mar 19 7.51pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by rob1969

(Other than spend £50m on new players or sacking Roy tomorrow.)

50 mil with rh in charge would be exactly the same.
Im sure he said once the squad was fully fit we would climb the table.
Well they are and we are not!!!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 09 Mar 19 7.54pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

I think winning 4/5 leagues could be pushing it this year the way we are going. It’s frustrating as my 2 sons only want to go to away games now.
Next year might be a tough sell.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 09 Mar 19 7.58pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

the Away Fans have the ear of the linesman.


we should put them in their old place.

 


34,300 reasons to love Selhurst in 2021

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 09 Mar 19 8.22pm Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by Booted Eagle

It is funny but at home a lot of teams are now sitting back against us when in the past they might of thought to come out. They know our strongest weapon is quick counter attacks, particularly to Wilf who will skin the majority of defenders in the league. That is a credit to us but doesn't get us the wins. When away the pressure is naturally on the home side to come out and play as we all know. Now this will probably continue until we sort out the issues ourselves as it is an achilles heel at home. Solutions could be a creative attacking midfielder employed, with 1 oppo centre forward reverting to 3 at the back, stick 2 big centre forwards or little and large up front and pepper them with high balls. All of these could be possible with our squad. Gambles but that is what we may need to do. Hoping that at least we are trying to do something for next season as will we probably stagger over the line this season, due to a well drilled defence with an occassional rick in them and a strong counter attacking away threat.

Edited by Booted Eagle (09 Mar 2019 7.23pm)

Edited by Booted Eagle (09 Mar 2019 7.27pm)

Edited by Booted Eagle (09 Mar 2019 8.00pm)

I would agree . We are too predictable at home and it appears easy to play against . We need to mix it up and change formations and personnel for different opponents .
The counter attacking set up works for us away but why do we play the same team at home against sides that defend deep .
At least give us two strikers ,what have we got to loose ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Online Flag Oxford 09 Mar 19 8.41pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Elpis

I would agree . We are too predictable at home and it appears easy to play against . We need to mix it up and change formations and personnel for different opponents .
The counter attacking set up works for us away but why do we play the same team at home against sides that defend deep .
At least give us two strikers ,what have we got to loose ?


Except we didn't play the same team as we did last week.


Edited by YT (09 Mar 2019 8.41pm)

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View deetee's Profile deetee Flag 09 Mar 19 8.55pm Send a Private Message to deetee Add deetee as a friend

It is so obvious the problem re our home form. Meyer apart all our midfield players are defensive. We need someone who can make the play in the final third the way Cabaye did. Someone like Jack Grealish would be a great buy. Roy Hodgson is too defensively minded which is ideal away from home but poor watching at Selhurst.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Home Form