You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Captain?
May 21 2019 10.20pm

Captain?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 10 Mar 19 8.25pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Luka has zero personality , Dann couldn’t handle it when he was made captain.
The last real captain was Jedinak. Hughes, Thomas, Cannon were great.
We need one , “ he’s from Serbia, he’ll f*ckinc murder ya” what a f*cking joke he melted yesterday in the biggest game of the season , at home.
Is there a real leader in the squad? If not we need to buy one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Master Coin's Profile Master Coin Flag Southampton 10 Mar 19 8.47pm Send a Private Message to Master Coin Add Master Coin as a friend

f***ing ludicrous. He took a kicking yesterday and laughed it off. He was also cool under pressure and handled the responsibilities of the penalty (as ever). He’s a fine captain. I get being angry about yesterday but this isn’t the place to vent. The issue was a turgid central midfield display with most of the fault at the doorstep of Schlupp, Macca and Andros who conceded possession constantly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom R's Profile Tom R Flag Huddersfield 10 Mar 19 9.00pm Send a Private Message to Tom R Add Tom R as a friend

Absolute rubbish. As MC said he took a battering yesterday but still stood up and was one of the best players on the pitch

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 10 Mar 19 9.03pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

He didn’t melt. That is rubbish.

Fine captain and leader out there.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 10 Mar 19 9.06pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Master Coin

f***ing ludicrous. He took a kicking yesterday and laughed it off. He was also cool under pressure and handled the responsibilities of the penalty (as ever). He’s a fine captain. I get being angry about yesterday but this isn’t the place to vent. The issue was a turgid central midfield display with most of the fault at the doorstep of Schlupp, Macca and Andros who conceded possession constantly.

Not at all. We’ve needed a leader since Jedinak left and have chosen Luka. He a reasonable midfielder, sometimes better than average , sometimes worse.
Good penalty taker , but never a captain. He laughed off the kicking from yesterday? Couldn’t see that from the Holmesdale , looked like the only players laughing were Dunk and his mates after the game.
Thought the whole midfield may aswell have stayed at home yesterday , but for me the first change should have been Luka for Kouate, after about 30 minutes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 10 Mar 19 9.07pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Tom R

Absolute rubbish. As MC said he took a battering yesterday but still stood up and was one of the best players on the pitch

Was he? Passing it backwards to Dann, who passed it to pva who gave the ball away.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 10 Mar 19 9.10pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

He didn’t melt. That is rubbish.

Fine captain and leader out there.

Is he. When he took a corner did he get the ball and raise his hands up to get the Palace fans going ? Did he f*ck.
he put his head down, no interaction with the fans and chipped in a corner with back spin aiming at no one..
He’s good enough to be in the eleven , never a leader.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom R's Profile Tom R Flag Huddersfield 10 Mar 19 9.28pm Send a Private Message to Tom R Add Tom R as a friend

I was talking about 90 minutes, not just one pass but you obviously don't have the mental ability to concentrate that long. Luka has been consistently a good leader and player throughout his time and the club so as I said before you are talking absolute rubbish.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 10 Mar 19 9.34pm Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

Certainly could have done with someone demanding some passion and intensity out there. Can't say that Luka's not committed, but we needed a Jedinak or a Delaney this weekend who would f***ing demand that we get at Brighton. Instead we strolled around as if we were sitting on a 2-0 lead.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 10 Mar 19 9.38pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Tom R

I was talking about 90 minutes, not just one pass but you obviously don't have the mental ability to concentrate that long. Luka has been consistently a good leader and player throughout his time and the club so as I said before you are talking absolute rubbish.

I can’t remeber him making one forward pass yesterday. Remember him making a few “Hollywood passes” and none of them reaching our player. I don’t dislike the player , think he is pretty average , but does he puff out his chest in a derby and look like he understands the history? No, he never has.
Never a captain , as much as we want him to be, would probably play better without it to be honest. We are a team of 11 and no one has the bo**ocks to lead. Where’s Michael Hughes with his sleeves rolled up?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View robdave2k's Profile robdave2k Flag Corby 10 Mar 19 9.40pm Send a Private Message to robdave2k Add robdave2k as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

I can’t remeber him making one forward pass yesterday. Remember him making a few “Hollywood passes” and none of them reaching our player. I don’t dislike the player , think he is pretty average , but does he puff out his chest in a derby and look like he understands the history? No, he never has.
Never a captain , as much as we want him to be, would probably play better without it to be honest. We are a team of 11 and no one has the bo**ocks to lead. Where’s Michael Hughes with his sleeves rolled up?

He’s a defensive midfielder. If you watch he is the one who constantly looks for the ball from then back 4. He’s having to try and do everything. Be creative and a destroyer. He isn’t the former.

He never shys away though. And does lead from the front.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 10 Mar 19 9.42pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Bangell

Certainly could have done with someone demanding some passion and intensity out there. Can't say that Luka's not committed, but we needed a Jedinak or a Delaney this weekend who would f***ing demand that we get at Brighton. Instead we strolled around as if we were sitting on a 2-0 lead.

Nail on head. I watched their keeper celebrate each of their goals with their fans , and their players run up to the away end at the end and was sad that we had no one that really gave a f*ck, Wright, bright, grey , thomas , hughes , rhilati etc. I Callled dunk a c*nt all game , but he never played like one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Captain?