You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Ayew kidding?
May 20 2019 7.20am

Ayew kidding?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View SH17FIELDS's Profile SH17FIELDS Flag Swanley 23 Apr 19 8.24am Send a Private Message to SH17FIELDS Add SH17FIELDS as a friend

No thanks send him back taking up a bench seat. Put a youngster on there instead.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bullhorn76's Profile Bullhorn76 Flag Darlington 12 May 19 8.07pm Send a Private Message to Bullhorn76 Add Bullhorn76 as a friend

Wasn’t even on the bench today which suggests to me that he won’t be here next season

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rossboss29's Profile rossboss29 Flag bromley 18 May 19 6.32pm Send a Private Message to rossboss29 Add rossboss29 as a friend

Was on transfermarkt to see whose contract was up for expiry, states on there he is on a contract till 2023 with us, and shows under transfer as Swansea to palace fee as ?

[Link]

May just be an error or maybe he has signed already

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 18 May 19 8.05pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by rossboss29

Was on transfermarkt to see whose contract was up for expiry, states on there he is on a contract till 2023 with us, and shows under transfer as Swansea to palace fee as ?

[Link]

May just be an error or maybe he has signed already


Yeah, it seems it has already been done for 4 million. I know Roy really wanted him, gave the go ahead. I don't know....seems like a waste of money to pay 4 million for a player who's gonna be 28 at the start of next season. It's too much money for someone who is at best 4th choice striker in a normal world. Like....why replace Fraizer Campbell with Jordan Ayew just to pay 4 million more?! It's basically the same type of player. And...dare I say it, Fraizer would have scored somewhat better in my opinion.

Maybe I'm being harsh and Jordan is regarded as someone who can play on the wings too. But he has had little success on the wings in his recent years and Roy has never used him there this season.

Better than the original 15 million Swansea was asking, but still too much in my opinion. It's not like every other possibility of 4th choice striker in the world had just evaporated and it was only Jordan Ayew left. I mean...someone like Derby paid like 3 million for 24 year old Jack Marriott, a player of similar speed. Not saying that he is PL material, but better than paying 4 million on a 28 year old who doesn't score at all.

Somewhere there....you could have found a dozen other players than Jordan for this position. Off the top of my head I can name Max Kruse (30 yo, top 10 strikers in Germany and out of contract), Finnbogasson (30 yo, just 1 more year of contract with Augsburg), Lucas Perez (30 yo, probably with no fee from West Ham), Lucas Joao from Sheffield (24 yo, for about 5 million), Roger Assale for Young Boys (25 yo, for about 6 million), Moussa Kone from Dynamo Dresden (23 yo, for about 4 million), Habib Diallo from Metz (23 yo for about 5 million), David Okereke from Spezia (21 yo for about 7 million)....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 18 May 19 8.44pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo


Yeah, it seems it has already been done for 4 million. I know Roy really wanted him, gave the go ahead. I don't know....seems like a waste of money to pay 4 million for a player who's gonna be 28 at the start of next season. It's too much money for someone who is at best 4th choice striker in a normal world. Like....why replace Fraizer Campbell with Jordan Ayew just to pay 4 million more?! It's basically the same type of player. And...dare I say it, Fraizer would have scored somewhat better in my opinion.

Maybe I'm being harsh and Jordan is regarded as someone who can play on the wings too. But he has had little success on the wings in his recent years and Roy has never used him there this season.

Better than the original 15 million Swansea was asking, but still too much in my opinion. It's not like every other possibility of 4th choice striker in the world had just evaporated and it was only Jordan Ayew left. I mean...someone like Derby paid like 3 million for 24 year old Jack Marriott, a player of similar speed. Not saying that he is PL material, but better than paying 4 million on a 28 year old who doesn't score at all.

Somewhere there....you could have found a dozen other players than Jordan for this position. Off the top of my head I can name Max Kruse (30 yo, top 10 strikers in Germany and out of contract), Finnbogasson (30 yo, just 1 more year of contract with Augsburg), Lucas Perez (30 yo, probably with no fee from West Ham), Lucas Joao from Sheffield (24 yo, for about 5 million), Roger Assale for Young Boys (25 yo, for about 6 million), Moussa Kone from Dynamo Dresden (23 yo, for about 4 million), Habib Diallo from Metz (23 yo for about 5 million), David Okereke from Spezia (21 yo for about 7 million)....

Are you his agent?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brinscall Eagle's Profile Brinscall Eagle Flag Brinscall Lancashire/ Villamartin ... 18 May 19 8.47pm Send a Private Message to Brinscall Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Brinscall Eagle as a friend

I guess RH and his team who see him training every week with the rest of the squad sees him as a bargain squad player at the price.
The coaching staff are not inexperienced and know the value of a player to a specific squad when they see one. There maybe others of the same price out there but as Palace fans we trust our management team and their valuation of the players. COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View deetee's Profile deetee Flag 18 May 19 9.03pm Send a Private Message to deetee Add deetee as a friend

No way should we sign Ayew - he isn't good enough for us no way

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 18 May 19 9.26pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by Brinscall Eagle

The coaching staff are not inexperienced and know the value of a player to a specific squad when they see one. COYP

They're not renown squad builders and transfer experts either.

I really don't think 80 years old (pun intended) Roy knows anything more than players from England, Sweden and Switzerland, where he worked.

Edited by mattteo (18 May 2019 9.28pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 18 May 19 10.25pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

They're not renown squad builders and transfer experts either.

I really don't think 80 years old (pun intended) Roy knows anything more than players from England, Sweden and Switzerland, where he worked.

Edited by mattteo (18 May 2019 9.28pm)

It's not a pun.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham Yesterday 8.33am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

They're not renown squad builders and transfer experts either.

I really don't think 80 years old (pun intended) Roy knows anything more than players from England, Sweden and Switzerland, where he worked.

Edited by mattteo (18 May 2019 9.28pm)

Ridiculous statement. His vast experience alone makes him more knowledgeable

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO Yesterday 8.43am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Brinscall Eagle

I guess RH and his team who see him training every week with the rest of the squad sees him as a bargain squad player at the price.
The coaching staff are not inexperienced and know the value of a player to a specific squad when they see one. There maybe others of the same price out there but as Palace fans we trust our management team and their valuation of the players. COYP

Over 50 years of watching Palace i have seen at least 6 managers who signed players that the fans didn't like, i have never know the fans be wrong, a poor or lazy player is always spotted, but managers are often fooled.
Hense, we have Parish/Hodgson paying 4M for a player all the fans do not want, because he is not good enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lombardos barber's Profile Lombardos barber Flag Yesterday 9.49am Send a Private Message to Lombardos barber Add Lombardos barber as a friend

It has always been my understanding that the loan for Ayew was basically a deferred payment; that he effectively signed for us but due to FFP we had him on"loan" for the first part of it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Ayew kidding?