You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha wants out
June 25 2019 2.27pm

Zaha wants out

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 39 of 44 < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 01 Jun 19 10.54pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Sportyteacher

Zaha doesn't seem to be in a hurry to leave.

Or cross the ball.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 02 Jun 19 12.17am Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by JohnB

I think people are taking the Champions League thing a bit too literally. I interpreted it as I want to play for a team that's challenging and whilst Arsenal missed out this season, they are clearly a team that's aim is Champions League every season and he would be moving to a team that could help him reach his aspirations.

However, I can only see this move happening if they are offering 40m and a couple of players like Reiss and Chambers.

I don't think that's such a bad deal as getting two players in negates some of that sell on fee that we would've had to pay to Man U had we gone straight fee.

Id be very surprised if it worked like that. Otherwise I think wed see many more player swaps than we do.

In that scenario Id expect any make weight players to be given a fair value and wed pay a sell on fee based on that. In practice I think most player swaps are done as separate transfers.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 02 Jun 19 7.46am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

Not if he wants Champions League.

And Parish would accept 40M and Jenkinson instead of 80M

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 02 Jun 19 7.52am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

Id be very surprised if it worked like that. Otherwise I think wed see many more player swaps than we do.

In that scenario Id expect any make weight players to be given a fair value and wed pay a sell on fee based on that. In practice I think most player swaps are done as separate transfers.

Clubs can't just swop players if the player doesn't want to go, i can't see many top class players coming to Palace just because there own club wants Zaha on the cheap.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 02 Jun 19 8.16am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by ARGILE OLD GEEZER

Clubs can't just swop players if the player doesn't want to go, i can't see many top class players coming to Palace just because there own club wants Zaha on the cheap.

Agreed.

The papers are always full of swap deals but they rarely come off. How would you feel being the makeweight in a big deal. Fair enough if you are a youngster not yet established but if you are a first team player in your own right it's a little insulting to be the junior player in a swap. It's hard enough to transfer 1 player with their agent demands, swap deals just make it even harder.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley 02 Jun 19 12.06pm Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

If Wilf does end up leaving I can only see it abroad. There doesnt appear to be a suitor or club that can afford the fee.

Man City or Liverpool were the only likely candidates, but they have not shown any interest to date, so we are as we are. Its going to be a long Summer...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Shifty97's Profile Shifty97 Flag Croydon 02 Jun 19 6.36pm Send a Private Message to Shifty97 Add Shifty97 as a friend

One things for sure, the summer is going to be filled with made up rumours about him

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DutchEagleJohan's Profile DutchEagleJohan Flag Vlissingen, Netherlands 03 Jun 19 6.19pm Send a Private Message to DutchEagleJohan Add DutchEagleJohan as a friend

That must be one of the worst reasons to get players in, wanting to cut down on your "sell on clause fee".
I genuinely struggle to think which of their squad players I would like to see with us. has Reiss Nelson been that impressive? I have failed to notice. Did you see Chambers this season at Fulham? Why on earth would we even want him for the bench. If Mustafa is a regular in the starting line up forget about squad players that are behind him.
Perhaps they have some attacking gems in the youth set up that would be worth considering but anyway if Wilf wants to leave to win thinks Arsenal is not the place to be.

Originally posted by JohnB

I think people are taking the Champions League thing a bit too literally. I interpreted it as I want to play for a team that's challenging and whilst Arsenal missed out this season, they are clearly a team that's aim is Champions League every season and he would be moving to a team that could help him reach his aspirations.

However, I can only see this move happening if they are offering 40m and a couple of players like Reiss and Chambers.

I don't think that's such a bad deal as getting two players in negates some of that sell on fee that we would've had to pay to Man U had we gone straight fee.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View michaelpearce's Profile michaelpearce Flag grays 04 Jun 19 6.20am Send a Private Message to michaelpearce Add michaelpearce as a friend

Originally posted by DutchEagleJohan

That must be one of the worst reasons to get players in, wanting to cut down on your "sell on clause fee".
I genuinely struggle to think which of their squad players I would like to see with us. has Reiss Nelson been that impressive? I have failed to notice. Did you see Chambers this season at Fulham? Why on earth would we even want him for the bench. If Mustafa is a regular in the starting line up forget about squad players that are behind him.
Perhaps they have some attacking gems in the youth set up that would be worth considering but anyway if Wilf wants to leave to win thinks Arsenal is not the place to be.


do find it funny this sell on clause 25%, sell on fees have a point of origin guess who else has the sell on clause,we do,
sell on clause are set up by the parent club who have spent the most time investing there time and money to improve the skills of said player,which is us,
were did it all start maybe the Mail who must have some vested interest in Wilf they have been selling him to spurs for the last 5 years,
so if Wilf goes i dont think man u have a to bigger share in Wilf

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 04 Jun 19 6.30am Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by DutchEagleJohan

That must be one of the worst reasons to get players in, wanting to cut down on your "sell on clause fee".
I genuinely struggle to think which of their squad players I would like to see with us. has Reiss Nelson been that impressive? I have failed to notice. Did you see Chambers this season at Fulham? Why on earth would we even want him for the bench. If Mustafa is a regular in the starting line up forget about squad players that are behind him.
Perhaps they have some attacking gems in the youth set up that would be worth considering but anyway if Wilf wants to leave to win thinks Arsenal is not the place to be.

Tommy Black & Julian Gray?

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 04 Jun 19 8.20am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Or cross the ball.

Benteke's probably feels the same

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 04 Jun 19 1.17pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Sadly and likely that the English clubs who want him will leave it as late as possible.
In the event that happens we can only hope that SP tells them where to go as if he is going to leave then we need the cash way in advance of the season starting to reinvest it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 39 of 44 < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha wants out