You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Will you choose your death?
August 20 2019 6.06am

Will you choose your death?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 31 May 19 8.10am Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Christ mate, so sorry to hear that. Glad you’re going to make the most of what you’ve got left! Here for a good time, not a long time and all that.

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 31 May 19 11.01am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Npn why are you not on a plane out to your bestie like now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 31 May 19 11.03am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

No need to wait until then. I spend a considerable amount of time doing just that anyway.

What shoring or abusing.
I suppose in context you could do that together.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 31 May 19 11.04am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

What shoring or abusing.
I suppose in context you could do that together.

Whoring I meant.
Ffs spellcheck w***ers

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JohnB's Profile JohnB Flag 31 May 19 2.30pm Send a Private Message to JohnB Add JohnB as a friend

I was sent this ages ago, which whilst they were using it as a tool to convince me that God exists, I did think it was quite a good concept for what might come after death.

In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”

“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”

The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”

The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”

The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”

Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”

To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”

May be this was one of the best explanations to the concept of God.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 31 May 19 3.11pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by JohnB

May be this was one of the best explanations to the concept of God.

It is, it's clever.

The universe appears on some level to be deterministic. It runs on mathematical rules. That to me is one of the evidences there is some design. That said, the nature of nature is currently unknowable....certainly to us at this stage....we just don't know enough.

Personal god theories however are simplistic fairy tales with more holes in them than swiss cheese.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PeatlingPalace's Profile PeatlingPalace Flag Peatling Leicestershire, UK 31 May 19 5.52pm Send a Private Message to PeatlingPalace Add PeatlingPalace as a friend

npn sorry to hear that but I think your attitude is fantastic. I am sure you have had your moments but you have a great get on with it approach

Lost a very good friend to MND last year just before she was 50. She said early on she wanted assisted suicide when couldn't wipe her own arse any more. Actually declined really fast at the end and died at home on morphine

My sister (5 was diagnosed terminal 7 years ago so has out lived their prediction by 4 years already. Her situation is deteriorating but she is still working and some how copes.

My mum had a stroke 2 years ago and is now in a nursing home and cant walk. She was incredibly active including sailing round the world. She used to have a really sharp mind and now has vascular dementia and alzheimers. She wants to go to Dignitas and we started the process about 2 months ago. I am impressed with the way they go about this and frustrated with how cloak and dagger we have to be getting medical records and statements from doctors and hospitals
Dignity is the key word for me. Mum has lost hers and she wants it over with. We kids and grand kids are mostly in agreement and it may happen in the autumn

I have been a Samaritan volunteer for 20 years and thought I would be ok with this but it has been really tough. However it is what she wants. I think we will have Dignitas UK eventually and we have to make sure we do it properly inside the NHS

Finally a massive thank-you to all those care workers and carers out there. So under valued doing something most people would run away from, especially those in high places. Please keep going and restore as much dignity as you can. Let those suffering make their own choice before its too late

 


When they kick out your front door. How you gonna come ?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 31 May 19 5.56pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by PeatlingPalace

npn sorry to hear that but I think your attitude is fantastic. I am sure you have had your moments but you have a great get on with it approach

Lost a very good friend to MND last year just before she was 50. She said early on she wanted assisted suicide when couldn't wipe her own arse any more. Actually declined really fast at the end and died at home on morphine

My sister (5 was diagnosed terminal 7 years ago so has out lived their prediction by 4 years already. Her situation is deteriorating but she is still working and some how copes.

My mum had a stroke 2 years ago and is now in a nursing home and cant walk. She was incredibly active including sailing round the world. She used to have a really sharp mind and now has vascular dementia and alzheimers. She wants to go to Dignitas and we started the process about 2 months ago. I am impressed with the way they go about this and frustrated with how cloak and dagger we have to be getting medical records and statements from doctors and hospitals
Dignity is the key word for me. Mum has lost hers and she wants it over with. We kids and grand kids are mostly in agreement and it may happen in the autumn

I have been a Samaritan volunteer for 20 years and thought I would be ok with this but it has been really tough. However it is what she wants. I think we will have Dignitas UK eventually and we have to make sure we do it properly inside the NHS

Finally a massive thank-you to all those care workers and carers out there. So under valued doing something most people would run away from, especially those in high places. Please keep going and restore as much dignity as you can. Let those suffering make their own choice before its too late

Thank you for this post.

Dignity is a good by-word for these situations.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 31 May 19 6.32pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Some really moving and eloquent posts on this topic. I wish the best to all those with loved ones in a terrible situation.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 31 May 19 11.11pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by npn

As someone already in God's waiting room (terminal cancer) i can confirm there's always "just let me have one more..."
Be it palace game, kids` birthdays, christmas, whatever. It's basically how I run my life now - little month or two targets (can't plan much further than that as I don't know how well I'll be and for how long). Current list holds a short break to see my bestie in spain, a day at the ashes in august, camping weekend. Just keep enjoying what you can for as long as you can. Easy to say "hope i did before I get old" when it's not an imminent probability.

I'm really sorry to hear this. Your attitude in the face of these challenges is commendable, and I hope your exciting plans bring you many enjoyable times ahead. Best of luck with the drug trial you mentioned.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 12 Jun 19 10.13pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

I used to have a perverse dream about life expectancy.
I'd dream I was given a few weeks to live, and was given a car with unlimited fuel and an M16 rifle with a few magazines of bullets.
Always thought cancer would get me.

In my next few days I find the few people that have pl553d me off and deal with them.

On my way home, I stop-off at a Spearmint Rhino where I succumb to a cardiac arrest, just after a gravy-spill.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 12 Jun 19 10.31pm

I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandad. Not screaming in terror like his passengers!

I'll get my coat.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Will you choose your death?