You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Iran
December 14 2019 1.45pm

Iran

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

 

View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 18 Jun 19 7.05am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

,..or EEEran, if you are American.

I don't see a way out of this one, apart from military action.
Trump has tried sanctions, but blame is now being put on Iran for tanker explosions, and now nuclear violations

[Link]

"The US military will send an additional 1,000 troops to the Middle East as tensions build with Iran.

Acting Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan said the deployment was in response to what he described as "hostile behaviour" by Iranian forces.

The US Navy also shared new images it says link Iran to recent oil tanker attacks in the Gulf of Oman.

Iran announced on Monday it would no longer comply with part of the 2015 deal on curbing its nuclear ambitions.

It said it would breach a limit agreed with international powers on its enriched uranium stockpiles by 27 June." (BBC website)

Saudi Arabia is also 5hlt-stirring. No doubt loads of American and UK arms will be sold to 'sort it'.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 18 Jun 19 7.21am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Looks like the US doesn't need the oil any way.
[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 Jun 19 7.56am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

If Trump wants to build a wall I suggest he does it around the Middle East, nothing but trouble out there.

I don't want us to get involved in this at all. It could be that Iran is behind these attacks or it could be that we are being played by the Israeli's or the Saudi's. To be honest I don't care and we will probably never know for certain. For once I think Corbyn is right nobody knows nothing.

We're not the world police.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View matthau's Profile matthau Flag South Croydon 18 Jun 19 8.46am Send a Private Message to matthau Add matthau as a friend

Truth

DFBEAA51-5722-41A9-BEAD-40FB22E9493A.jpeg Attachment: DFBEAA51-5722-41A9-BEAD-40FB22E9493A.jpeg (88.17Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jun 19 9.28am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by matthau

Truth


Yep.....if Iran is really behind those attacks it's playing with fire.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jun 19 9.35am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

If Trump wants to build a wall I suggest he does it around the Middle East, nothing but trouble out there.

I don't want us to get involved in this at all. It could be that Iran is behind these attacks or it could be that we are being played by the Israeli's or the Saudi's. To be honest I don't care and we will probably never know for certain. For once I think Corbyn is right nobody knows nothing.

We're not the world police.


Once nukes were invented and became international......I'm not so sure the isolationist mindset helps.

The truth of these events is about as important as drunks providing investment advice. The main actors will act how they see fit.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Jun 19 11.24am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

There will be a lot of pressure for military action.

Iran is trying to hoodwink the west about nuclear capability.

The Hawks will be pressing action.

The Neocons/industrial military complex will be thinking about profit.

There is a big threat to local and possibly global peace if Iran were to obtain nuclear capability.

The US has never forgotten the loss of American lives in the Iran hostage crisis.

Whether the tanker attacks are real or not, the writing is on the wall.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jun 19 11.42am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

There will be a lot of pressure for military action.

Iran is trying to hoodwink the west about nuclear capability.

The Hawks will be pressing action.

The Neocons/industrial military complex will be thinking about profit.

There is a big threat to local and possibly global peace if Iran were to obtain nuclear capability.

The US has never forgotten the loss of American lives in the Iran hostage crisis.

Whether the tanker attacks are real or not, the writing is on the wall.

Personally I'm not seeing a full on war, 'feet on the ground' invasion war....from the US anyway.

From a Neocon and both a Sunni perspective I can see the logic of a war however.

The last chance to get rid of Iran's theocratic leadership before genuine nuclear capacity.

The exercise of US military systems and personnel in real theatre with the long term boast that gives....both in the dodgy and real sense.

You can look at the Iraq situation and say that the US got rid of Saddam for the blood trade of a few thousand troops.....most of which they could have avoided if they had made better post regime change decisions.

Personally I'd stick to backing anti regime democratic groups within Iran.....but we have probably been doing that for some time and their internal police state is probably too effective.

Interesting and worrying in equal measure....whichever way things go it's one of those global situations which is a potential powder keg with a timer on it.


Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Jun 2019 11.44am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 18 Jun 19 12.32pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

I tend to think Stirling is on the right track. A weapons-testing arena is good for sales and publicity.
Alternatively,..arming revolutionist groups would also be a 'good' way to go.

In the wake of massive potential sales of arms to Saudi Arabia/The Gulf,....has anyone thought of donating 1 to save a child in Yemen ?

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Jun 19 12.53pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Personally I'm not seeing a full on war, 'feet on the ground' invasion war....from the US anyway.

From a Neocon and both a Sunni perspective I can see the logic of a war however.

The last chance to get rid of Iran's theocratic leadership before genuine nuclear capacity.

The exercise of US military systems and personnel in real theatre with the long term boast that gives....both in the dodgy and real sense.

You can look at the Iraq situation and say that the US got rid of Saddam for the blood trade of a few thousand troops.....most of which they could have avoided if they had made better post regime change decisions.

Personally I'd stick to backing anti regime democratic groups within Iran.....but we have probably been doing that for some time and their internal police state is probably too effective.

Interesting and worrying in equal measure....whichever way things go it's one of those global situations which is a potential powder keg with a timer on it.


Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Jun 2019 11.44am)

Heavy casualties are no longer acceptable to the voter so I would imagine that you are right. Any ground action would be very limited and in secret.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (18 Jun 2019 12.54pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Jun 19 1.02pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

I tend to think Stirling is on the right track. A weapons-testing arena is good for sales and publicity.
Alternatively,..arming revolutionist groups would also be a 'good' way to go.

In the wake of massive potential sales of arms to Saudi Arabia/The Gulf,....has anyone thought of donating 1 to save a child in Yemen ?

It's an honorable comment.....though the future of Yemeni children is the responsibility of Yemen.

That said, humanity is its own principle.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 18 Jun 19 5.33pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

My comment was taking the pl55, about Yemeni children.

Fighting the massive Wonga of the arms industry is a pointless endeavour.

The next conflict (whether publicised or covert), will be about political-$$$, and not about oil.
EEEEran is in for a monetary beating.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Iran