You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread
November 26 2020 1.31am

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 100 of 151 < 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View CPFCwetrust's Profile CPFCwetrust Flag Maidstone 31 Jan 20 6.16pm Send a Private Message to CPFCwetrust Add CPFCwetrust as a friend

Not a surprise to see the usual Transfer market doom and gloom meltdown.&#128514;

Every year it's the usual zero inside knowledge as to the goings on mixed with Parish is the devil, mixed with Dougies inability to get transfers done.

As Doombear eloquently put, we are not a 'big' club with money to splash on players.
Ferguson has a knee problem which of course Dougie&Parish&co need to be aware of when pissing 11 mill up the wall.

Bowen - it was always going to be hard to get it over the line with other clubs sniffing about.

Our squad isnt awful... it's just painful to watch sometimes.

Will we stay up? Most likely
Will there be another year of Transfer market fury? Most definitely.

I doubt Parish&Co are trying to scupper the club. Cpfc has to live within it's means with the 'poor church mice' of the Premier league.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 31 Jan 20 6.21pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Two match squad players leaving.
Wickham on loan and James Daly permenantly - no fee mentioned.
Will be interesting to see attacking options on bench v Sheff United

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davehuggins's Profile davehuggins Flag 31 Jan 20 6.24pm Send a Private Message to davehuggins Add davehuggins as a friend

I hate to say it but we are going down a very rocky road. No investment will spell trouble ... No new stadium no new signings to support squad, I wonder how RH feels???

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 31 Jan 20 6.36pm Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

Hodgson has said that he and Parish have been trying to persuade the Americans to allow us to spend. Since we're doing okay in the league, we can't make the case that it's an emergency, and so no spending it is.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 31 Jan 20 6.48pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by Bangell

Hodgson has said that he and Parish have been trying to persuade the Americans to allow us to spend. Since we're doing okay in the league, we can't make the case that it's an emergency, and so no spending it is.

Is this real? It would explain much.

Not that I expected much activity this window, but the summer past.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View alffy's Profile alffy Flag 31 Jan 20 7.15pm Send a Private Message to alffy Add alffy as a friend

I really don't get why the Americans came in. What did Parish think they would bring to the table as it's clearly not money.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 31 Jan 20 7.35pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by CPFCwetrust

Not a surprise to see the usual Transfer market doom and gloom meltdown.&#128514;

Every year it's the usual zero inside knowledge as to the goings on mixed with Parish is the devil, mixed with Dougies inability to get transfers done.

As Doombear eloquently put, we are not a 'big' club with money to splash on players.
Ferguson has a knee problem which of course Dougie&Parish&co need to be aware of when pissing 11 mill up the wall.

Bowen - it was always going to be hard to get it over the line with other clubs sniffing about.

Our squad isnt awful... it's just painful to watch sometimes.

Will we stay up? Most likely
Will there be another year of Transfer market fury? Most definitely.

I doubt Parish&Co are trying to scupper the club. Cpfc has to live within it's means with the 'poor church mice' of the Premier league.

While that may be true that is not the major source of frustration for me.

It's the inability to get deals done with the money that is available

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 31 Jan 20 7.41pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

Less than 24 hours from being liquidated is likely to do that.

I got repossed but it didnt stop me getting a mortgage farther down the line.
Sometimes the future cannot be protected.
Carpe diem.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eag-les's Profile eag-les Flag Coulsdon 31 Jan 20 8.24pm Send a Private Message to eag-les Add eag-les as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Surely this post contradicts itself. To be relatively well run one would expect at least some acumen in the transfer window, no?

Sorry what I meant by well run was that we seem to be financially stable. As for the transfer window Dougie and SP they couldn't organise a fart in a curry house. Hey ho COYP!

 


If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 31 Jan 20 8.51pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by eag-les

Sorry what I meant by well run was that we seem to be financially stable. As for the transfer window Dougie and SP they couldn't organise a fart in a curry house. Hey ho COYP!

I think that sums it up quite well!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 31 Jan 20 9.02pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

I got repossed but it didnt stop me getting a mortgage farther down the line.
Sometimes the future cannot be protected.
Carpe diem.

I made the point because I've read regularly how we were saved from admin by 2010.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 01 Feb 20 7.10am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

If the Americans can exit with a return better than 10% p.a on their money they will.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 100 of 151 < 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread