You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread
October 24 2020 1.27am

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 125 of 151 < 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Feb 20 4.28pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

It hasn’t gone unnoticed roy did wonders when copying without a striker, twice wasn’t it? But now won’t possibly use less than 3 defensive midfielders and given the chance to play an attacking player when points are at stake and needed he puts on a more defensive midfielder than attacking in kouyate.

Just hope that Townsend was being saved v Everton for some blasting performances, or at least scrape us by. He only had another 2 weeks break after all, but then, as already mentioned, why is he on the bench if he’s not going to feature, when a possible point or 3 is there if we get them on the ropes again before conceding at 1-1, only this time we’re one goal down and we put someone on the back foot with Ray Lewington shouting instructions to get on the front foot.

I am concerned, but apparently this wasn’t coming because we were so good earlier this season. We fvcking were not. The criticism didn’t happen or got shut down because the points were on the board, as is always the case with Roy.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 11 Feb 20 4.45pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

I'm still willing to support Roy until the end of the season, but one thing that did worry me was that when he came out before the game kicked off he looked lost as if he didn't know where he was.

In an ideal world I hope we string together some good results, take a couple of more scalps from the big guns and Roy retires on a high. He was clearly very proud to take the reigns here as a local lad and it would be sad to see his legacy end with people on his back. This season has been a hard watch but with no backing in the transfer market I still think it is unfair to judge Roy too harshly. If you look at how well we played when we had RLC and Bats on loan you can see with the right players we can play really good football under Hodgson, but with no backup for Townsend and Meyer failing to take his chances this season we have been very flat.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Feb 20 4.56pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Roy probably keeps us up, talks about retirement on the lap of appreciation, he gets a good reception and then Parish takes that as the green light to get him to pen another 2-3 years. You just know Parish would.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (11 Feb 2020 6.52pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View scuffy's Profile scuffy Flag orpington 11 Feb 20 6.21pm Send a Private Message to scuffy Add scuffy as a friend

I noticed that too. He looked completely lost, like he didn't know what was happening. I still back Roy and I think everyone's focus right now needs to be on getting the points to guarantee safety. Once we get to that point, it will be the right time to think about the future.

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I'm still willing to support Roy until the end of the season, but one thing that did worry me was that when he came out before the game kicked off he looked lost as if he didn't know where he was.

In an ideal world I hope we string together some good results, take a couple of more scalps from the big guns and Roy retires on a high. He was clearly very proud to take the reigns here as a local lad and it would be sad to see his legacy end with people on his back. This season has been a hard watch but with no backing in the transfer market I still think it is unfair to judge Roy too harshly. If you look at how well we played when we had RLC and Bats on loan you can see with the right players we can play really good football under Hodgson, but with no backup for Townsend and Meyer failing to take his chances this season we have been very flat.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 11 Feb 20 6.59pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I'm still willing to support Roy until the end of the season, but one thing that did worry me was that when he came out before the game kicked off he looked lost as if he didn't know where he was.

In an ideal world I hope we string together some good results, take a couple of more scalps from the big guns and Roy retires on a high. He was clearly very proud to take the reigns here as a local lad and it would be sad to see his legacy end with people on his back. This season has been a hard watch but with no backing in the transfer market I still think it is unfair to judge Roy too harshly. If you look at how well we played when we had RLC and Bats on loan you can see with the right players we can play really good football under Hodgson, but with no backup for Townsend and Meyer failing to take his chances this season we have been very flat.

Agree very much with this post.

We’re the worst to happen, I’d blame the lack of the investment well before Roy. I think he has done well by us all in all and I hope he eventually goes on good terms. Feel as though he deserves that but footballs a funnier game than ever now.

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Feb 20 7.18pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Agree very much with this post.

We’re the worst to happen, I’d blame the lack of the investment well before Roy. I think he has done well by us all in all and I hope he eventually goes on good terms. Feel as though he deserves that but footballs a funnier game than ever now.

Yes he needs to go in the summer, hopefully after we’ve scrambled safe.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 11 Feb 20 7.20pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Agree very much with this post.

We’re the worst to happen, I’d blame the lack of the investment well before Roy. I think he has done well by us all in all and I hope he eventually goes on good terms. Feel as though he deserves that but footballs a funnier game than ever now.

Deserve has nothing to do with it.
If he takes us down then hes to blame forever.
Hes had players to change the system but has continued with his defensive shape and tactics.
The players must be bored s***less and it is showing from the stands.
If he tries attacking and we go down he can with all grace give the finger and say "told ya"
If we are to depart the PL I would prefer we go down fighting not whimping out trying to get ten
0-0 draws.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Feb 20 7.34pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Eight years ago Parish was revered like a god on this forum. Three of us had reservations about him and were roundly derided at every given opportunity with one particular R Sole being banned several times for his tirade of personal insults.

I read many of the comments about our chairman nowadays with a wry smile

I think it was the Pardew summer window of going into the season with Papa Souare and Zeki Fryers the only left backs and only 6 other defenders to select from was when I came to the conclusion he shouldn’t be near football people on a regular basis. ALL the manager errors and fallouts were certainly eyebrow raising although in isolation you could see or understand how they happened or the decisions were made, but so many throughout his watch?

In summary, everything is emergency after emergency, some through hazards of the job, but too many to add to that from his choices, and choices he shouldn’t be making anyway.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 11 Feb 20 8.01pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Some of the criticism is fair particularly regarding subs but we conceded the critical second goal on Saturday when we were on the front foot trying to win the game. Even then we had a gilt edged chance to equalise.

My personal gripe is his persistence with Benteke but I think those complaining about him not using Meyer and Riedewald and blaming him for CB's goal record are clutching at any straw to reinforce their argument.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 11 Feb 20 10.43pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Some of the criticism is fair particularly regarding subs but we conceded the critical second goal on Saturday when we were on the front foot trying to win the game. Even then we had a gilt edged chance to equalise.

My personal gripe is his persistence with Benteke but I think those complaining about him not using Meyer and Riedewald and blaming him for CB's goal record are clutching at any straw to reinforce their argument.

Yes, we were running them all over the place and there were many images of Everton fans with their heads in their hands with much head shaking, I was then quite confident of at least a point, Hodgsons football just needs a Bernard and a Richarlison because clinical we are not ..at home against West Ham we did achieve it and it was a game everyone enjoyed purely because we simply scored two good opportunities, against Everton we had opportunities some were good some not so but to blame our manager for our players making the wrong decisions and hopelessly attempting to test England's best keeper is to be quite honest ridiculously ridiculous.
Not Hodgsons fault that Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin and Bernard all knew where to be and how to score.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dancer Cat's Profile Dancer Cat Flag Farnborough 11 Feb 20 10.56pm Send a Private Message to Dancer Cat Add Dancer Cat as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Roy probably keeps us up, talks about retirement on the lap of appreciation, he gets a good reception and then Parish takes that as the green light to get him to pen another 2-3 years. You just know Parish would.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (11 Feb 2020 6.52pm)

An augur of the highest quality!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 11 Feb 20 11.25pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Deserve has nothing to do with it.
If he takes us down then hes to blame forever.
Hes had players to change the system but has continued with his defensive shape and tactics.
The players must be bored s***less and it is showing from the stands.
If he tries attacking and we go down he can with all grace give the finger and say "told ya"
If we are to depart the PL I would prefer we go down fighting not whimping out trying to get ten
0-0 draws
.

We are in a position to get just that and if you believe for one moment that we are capable of playing like Liverpool then you really need to sit down and look into a mirror, our squad including all the subs are middle of the road and that's exactly where we are at the moment, we are as it stands not going down we are as it stands six flipping points above the drop zone, we have endured three defeats in a row one of which we lost because our silly keeper did a Sprake and the other two because four of the goals were as clinical as you can get, meaning to me that they had to do this in order to beat us.

You've seen and every other Palace fan has seen our squad trying to string three to four passes together on the pitch ..it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand our managers response to how they should entertain us does it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 125 of 151 < 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread