You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread
September 27 2020 8.32am

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 129 of 151 < 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 21 Feb 20 7.35am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Yes, the specific questions were created for the answers he wanted to give

It wasn’t anything to get excited about and I’m not going to fall for some PR spin

It reminded me of Boris Johnson happy to be interviewed on Radio 5 or to sit on the breakfast couch to be grilled by Philip Schofield but not going anywhere near Andrew Neill

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 21 Feb 20 7.50am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

It reminded me of Boris Johnson happy to be interviewed on Radio 5 or to sit on the breakfast couch to be grilled by Philip Schofield but not going anywhere near Andrew Neill

Plenty fell for it as soon as they saw it, which Parish knows happens.

Behind the scenes we’re a joke and will have severe trouble overhauling 80% of the squad seeing as we struggle with 5% or just one player.

In fact apart from hiring experienced Prem managers we’re a joke all round. Years of nothing with plans to redevelop not progressing apart from an interview saying an offer has been made to Sainsbury’s for the land. Has it been accepted? Nope. Are we now more likely to get relegated in the next 2 seasons than we were since the designs for the main stand were released? I’d say so.

Sorry Steve, I ain’t lapping this one up until I see several new players with a longer shelf life and some research done on them than how many Prem matches they’ve played and some solid progress on the redevelopment that we supposedly have US money for and not just any offer has been made’ and something about it might be agreed in the summer in half a year’s time.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 21 Feb 20 8.50am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Isn’t it season ticket renewal time of year?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 21 Feb 20 8.55am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Isn’t it season ticket renewal time of year?

My thoughts as well nothing but a PR stunt Steve said nothing we haven't heard already. I am still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but I will judge the board by actions not words.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Feb 20 9.03am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Mr Parish has been criticised for a news blackout, yet when he addresses the supporters with issues that have concerned us, there are accusations of a timed PR exercise from an in-house interview with a message which wanted to be imparted and the questions designed accordingly.
Perhaps some believe that it was Parish who set the questions!!!!
He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 21 Feb 20 9.13am Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

I’m a fan of Parish but if you really analyse the interview it was evident that nothing is really happening and he uses a lot of words to convey this.
We’re no further forward with the stadium.
We’re still looking for external investment.
Freedman’s main attribute is keeping players out to minimise risk of bad signings.
We’re still awaiting clearance for the youth development scheme.
I don’t mean this as a criticism, but just an analysis of the interview where nothing new was learnt.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 21 Feb 20 9.17am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Mr Parish has been criticised for a news blackout, yet when he addresses the supporters with issues that have concerned us, there are accusations of a timed PR exercise from an in-house interview with a message which wanted to be imparted and the questions designed accordingly.
Perhaps some believe that it was Parish who set the questions!!!!
He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I'm not against Parish and all clubs do this type of PR exercise to placate the fans but I recognize it for what it is. It's no different to MUTV asking Sir Alex if he is the greatest manager of all time and Sir Alex modestly agreeing.

We should judge the board by their actions, if by the end of the season we have bought the car park from Sainsbury's and got the approval to start redeveloping the training ground then it's thumbs up for the board.

Edited by Badger11 (21 Feb 2020 9.17am)

Edited by Badger11 (21 Feb 2020 9.18am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 21 Feb 20 9.20am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Mr Parish has been criticised for a news blackout, yet when he addresses the supporters with issues that have concerned us, there are accusations of a timed PR exercise from an in-house interview with a message which wanted to be imparted and the questions designed accordingly.
Perhaps some believe that it was Parish who set the questions!!!!
He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

The interviewer is a Palace employee. Parish decided the questions and answers to the issues being discussed online. No mention of whether Nosh and blitzer have been repaid. Just a mumble about shareholders.

If things happen on the main stand more than ‘a reasonable offer for the car park strip has been made’ and we do more on the squad than have medicals done on, according to Steve, the only player we’re willing to buy in the whole world in that position, in the last 24 hours then fair play. (That only player spiel is PR spin to cover the incompetence or trying it on and losing out) Somehow I doubt it or he’ll change.

The academy progress is positive and much needed though.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Feb 20 9.30am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I'm not against Parish and all clubs do this type of PR exercise to placate the fans but I recognize it for what it is. It's no different to MUTV asking Sir Alex if he is the greatest manager of all time and Sir Alex modestly agreeing.

We should judge the board by their actions, if by the end of the season we have bought the car park from Sainsbury's and got the approval to start redeveloping the training ground then it's thumbs up for the board.

Edited by Badger11 (21 Feb 2020 9.17am)

Edited by Badger11 (21 Feb 2020 9.18am)

If we are relegated at the end of the season then of course a gargantuan thumb will point in a southerly direction.
The purchase of the car park land and progress with the training ground will pale into insignificance.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 21 Feb 20 9.48am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

The interviewer is a Palace employee. Parish decided the questions and answers to the issues being discussed online. No mention of whether Nosh and blitzer have been repaid. Just a mumble about shareholders.

If things happen on the main stand more than ‘a reasonable offer for the car park strip has been made’ and we do more on the squad than have medicals done on, according to Steve, the only player we’re willing to buy in the whole world in that position, in the last 24 hours then fair play. (That only player spiel is PR spin to cover the incompetence or trying it on and losing out) Somehow I doubt it or he’ll change.

The academy progress is positive and much needed though.

I cannot comment on this but clearly the interview has not had the desired effect with some supporters concluding it was just PR and 'Spin'.

Parish however did provide an update on the ground and academy development,where the AWB funds were directed and the situation apropos the Hodgson contract as well as the transfer policy and an explanation as to why January targets weren't signed.
Underlying message was that the ground re-development has not been shelved and that we have money to buy players and were willing to do so.

In terms of external investment, supporters have been yearning for additional funding and he did assert that such investment was still being sought.

Finally he asserted that supporters are not in receipt of the facts of the workings behind the scenes and was fulsome in his praise for Freedman so perhaps the message is "Lay off Dougie" and perhaps "Lay off me" !

Edited by Willo (21 Feb 2020 10.03am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ghostship's Profile Ghostship Flag Norfolk 21 Feb 20 10.07am Send a Private Message to Ghostship Add Ghostship as a friend

Not a word about the Americans and what their intentions are but I guess this was a no go area. Whilst it was good he did an interview it did feel a bit like 15 minutes wasted with nothing really insightful and stuff we already knew. Only slight nugget was when he said if someone comes along with serious money to invest and take us up a level then he would step aside but that's probably never going to happen.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 21 Feb 20 10.08am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

I agree with Willo in as much as Parish is damned if he does / doesn't in terms of communication.

As to the content...well there wasn't much in there that we didn't already know. I got the impression that the issues with the Academy should be resolved but also that the Sainsbury's piece is at a stand still until an agreement is reached and there was no mention of a timescale for that to happen. And what the implication is if no agreement can be made - the stand can't be built presumably ?

The Dougie bit was interesting because that question was derived as a direct result of social media comment by the fans. I didn't think SP handled it especially well...was he trying to praise DF for performing due diligence on potential transfer targets ? In other words, doing his job ?? A more penetrating question would have been around those signings that have been made and failed so dismally.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 129 of 151 < 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread