You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread
January 24 2021 7.23pm

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 91 of 151 < 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 24 Jan 20 5.14pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

I really want Hodgson out. I just want to go to a home game and see us score a few goals and try to win a game. Not just sit back and let the opposition have as much of the ball as they want with no pressing. Last season our average number of shots on target per game was over 4 - this season its down to 3. Nor are we getting as many penalties as we used to as we are not getting players in the box - especially Zaha who mainly passes the ball back from where it came. 0 corners and 0 shots on target against Southampton is unacceptable. Yes we've an awful injury list but does anyone really believe it would be any different if all those players were fit? Remember our manager had Harry Kane taking the corners for England - says it all really.


Yes 100%

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 24 Jan 20 5.18pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by south coast eagle

If you actually watched the game properly you would have seen that Ayew was nowhere to be seen defensively and left Kelly exposed beyond doubt. So much so that half way through the 1st half McCarthy was actually berating him for it. It carried on the whole game and that my friend is 100% down to the manager not sorting it and sad to say i thought we maybe had a couple of leaders in Cahill and Tomkins who should have sorted out on the field but that didn't happen either

Dont tell me what I am watching and we are not friends so do not patronise me.
I'm not talking about the Southampton game specifically. Kelly has NEVER played well as a full back. It wouldn't matter if he had decent protection in front of him, he is not a full back.
Jeez

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Numbers Man's Profile Numbers Man Flag Tulse Hill 24 Jan 20 6.27pm Send a Private Message to Numbers Man Add Numbers Man as a friend

I thought Joe Turner’s ‘statistical deep dive’ article was excellent. It is obvious that RH can only play one way irrespective whether we are playing Norwich or Liverpool! Joe’s deep dive statistics proves this point beyond doubt.

Although we happen to be 11th in the league with the same number of points as 4 other teams we could easily slip to 14th place if we have a poor run.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 24 Jan 20 8.50pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Numbers Man

I thought Joe Turner’s ‘statistical deep dive’ article was excellent. It is obvious that RH can only play one way irrespective whether we are playing Norwich or Liverpool! Joe’s deep dive statistics proves this point beyond doubt.

Although we happen to be 11th in the league with the same number of points as 4 other teams we could easily slip to 14th place if we have a poor run.

Yes, all the talk about injuries etc hampering Hodgson's choice regarding tactics is just a smoke and mirrors job to deflect from the plain and simple fact that he always sets up the team the same way. There's no variation or desire to change. As another poster mentioned, AWB tells you all you need to know about Hodgson.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 24 Jan 20 9.12pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Yes, all the talk about injuries etc hampering Hodgson's choice regarding tactics is just a smoke and mirrors job to deflect from the plain and simple fact that he always sets up the team the same way. There's no variation or desire to change. As another poster mentioned, AWB tells you all you need to know about Hodgson.

Just because you keep repeating something doesn’t make it true.
Remember Roy putting Zaha and Townsend up front together. Worked for a few games then he had to change it. Early last season there were the complaints that he played 442 too much which he then changed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 24 Jan 20 9.18pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Just because you keep repeating something doesn’t make it true.
Remember Roy putting Zaha and Townsend up front together. Worked for a few games then he had to change it. Early last season there were the complaints that he played 442 too much which he then changed.

442 might be interesting with Tosun and Ayew up front. It would mean, of course playing Zaha and Townsend out wide and relying on ONLY TWO defensive midfielders, Would Roy do it?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 24 Jan 20 9.35pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Yes, all the talk about injuries etc hampering Hodgson's choice regarding tactics is just a smoke and mirrors job to deflect from the plain and simple fact that he always sets up the team the same way. There's no variation or desire to change. As another poster mentioned, AWB tells you all you need to know about Hodgson.

Not buying this. Roy plays to the strengths of the players. We have good defenders and crap strikers. Keep out the opposition and try to nick a goal Is the current tactic and it works. Our league position proves this.

The Saints game was one of the worst performance in a long time, but the booing was unacceptable for the lads who have been overplayed due to injuries. The legs had gone.

It was the same last season. Once we had a quality striker in Batshauyi we were scoring goals galore. Hopefully it will be the same with Cenk but time will tell.

Much needed rest this weekend. Expecting a big response against Sheffield United.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 24 Jan 20 9.38pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

442 might be interesting with Tosun and Ayew up front. It would mean, of course playing Zaha and Townsend out wide and relying on ONLY TWO defensive midfielders, Would Roy do it?

As others have pointed out I’m not sure Wilf can do the 442. I thought we missed Ayew’s ability to hold th3 ball up and bring others into the game on Tuesday.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 25 Jan 20 9.19am Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Ultimately, if we stay up Roy has done a good job. If we go down he hasn't.

Like many others I would like to see more expansive football and more goals (from us that is) but not at the expense of relegation. Okay, I know its not necessarily the case of one or the other, but with our current resources we have to be realistic. For instance, we talk about the need for more depth of quality in the squad, but quality players are not going to be happy warming the bench at Palace for extended periods, even if we could afford them in the first Palace.

Also, there aren't cartloads of top class coaches queuing up for jobs. Our choice is largely limited to older candidates who are in the latter years of their career, or younger ones who are largely unproven at the top.

I know some folk would almost prefer for us drop down to the Championship so that they could see us compete on more even terms. However, what is the aim of all Championship sides? To get in to the Premier League. So, considering we already there we may as well do our best to stay there.To date Roy has achieved that over two seasons and hopefully will do the same this time around.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 25 Jan 20 9.42am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

Ultimately, if we stay up Roy has done a good job. If we go down he hasn't.

Like many others I would like to see more expansive football and more goals (from us that is) but not at the expense of relegation. Okay, I know its not necessarily the case of one or the other, but with our current resources we have to be realistic. For instance, we talk about the need for more depth of quality in the squad, but quality players are not going to be happy warming the bench at Palace for extended periods, even if we could afford them in the first Palace.

Also, there aren't cartloads of top class coaches queuing up for jobs. Our choice is largely limited to older candidates who are in the latter years of their career, or younger ones who are largely unproven at the top.

I know some folk would almost prefer for us drop down to the Championship so that they could see us compete on more even terms. However, what is the aim of all Championship sides? To get in to the Premier League. So, considering we already there we may as well do our best to stay there.To date Roy has achieved that over two seasons and hopefully will do the same this time around.

Top box-office Sir !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davehuggins's Profile davehuggins Flag 25 Jan 20 10.08am Send a Private Message to davehuggins Add davehuggins as a friend

Hit the nail on the head here, well-done Pete

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Online Flag 25 Jan 20 10.27am Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Do not believe we will sign anybody else this particular window,given the number of returning injured players(Benteke + Patrick back in training) and our sitting on 30 points,which our American owners will deem satisfactory.
Anything else is paper talk with no basis in fact.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 91 of 151 < 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread