You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > How Amateur is our Club
August 19 2019 2.06pm

How Amateur is our Club

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 03 Aug 19 8.10pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Myself and my son are season ticket holders, today he wanted to take his girlfriend to her first ever football game. I bought tickets in main stand as on-line I couldn't buy for Holmesdale. I won't comment on the s**t served up on the pitch but feel the need to highlight the following:
Went into the ground early to get the "match experience". It was always our intention to buy food in the ground and soak up the atmosphere;
1) Went into Stephenson lounge no chips were available. Now bear in mind their were many young kids at the game>
2) Could not accrue Parish points as there was an IT issue.
3) The pre-match music had to be curtailed due to ridiculous feed back:
4) Loud drilling from the upper Holmesdale (have they not had since early May to work on the ground?)
5) Up to an hour before KO workman painting the steps in the Upper Holmesdale.
People may find these points trivial but I feel it makes the club look pathetic

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 03 Aug 19 8.57pm Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

All good and valid points.
I bought a ticket for the Whitehorse, and the palaver trying to get in to the ground was unbelievable.
Naturally not all the turnstiles were open, tickets wouldn't scan,and some of the stewards/security staff were straight out of Benny Hill.
During the game,while taking a corner, Luka was bombarded with all sorts of missiles, including what appeared to be a beer bottle.But the stewards seemed powerless to do anything about it.
The club waste millions on player wages,but penny pinch when it comes to looking after the supporters, it's pathetic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 03 Aug 19 9.05pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Myself and my son are season ticket holders, today he wanted to take his girlfriend to her first ever football game. I bought tickets in main stand as on-line I couldn't buy for Holmesdale. I won't comment on the s**t served up on the pitch but feel the need to highlight the following:
Went into the ground early to get the "match experience". It was always our intention to buy food in the ground and soak up the atmosphere;
1) Went into Stephenson lounge no chips were available. Now bear in mind their were many young kids at the game>
2) Could not accrue Parish points as there was an IT issue.
3) The pre-match music had to be curtailed due to ridiculous feed back:
4) Loud drilling from the upper Holmesdale (have they not had since early May to work on the ground?)
5) Up to an hour before KO workman painting the steps in the Upper Holmesdale.
People may find these points trivial but I feel it makes the club look pathetic

Agree fella.

Was telling my better half today that Sorloth was being sold and what a waste of 9 million pounds he was.

Have been sitting in the Arthur Wait since a nipper in the late seventies and f@ck all has improved.

Donít bother eating there due to long queues and sh@t food. The toilets look like something out of Mid seventies France. There are even f@cking great posts partially blocking the view of the pitch.

For the price of Sorloth we could have improved/updated all of this.

Donít get me wrong, Iím not precious about any of this however I understand your complaints. Football fans are treated like cattle.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 03 Aug 19 9.14pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Agree fella.

Was telling my better half today that Sorloth was being sold and what a waste of 9 million pounds he was.

Have been sitting in the Arthur Wait since a nipper in the late seventies and f@ck all has improved.

Donít bother eating there due to long queues and sh@t food. The toilets look like something out of Mid seventies France. There are even f@cking great posts partially blocking the view of the pitch.

For the price of Sorloth we could have improved/updated all of this.

Donít get me wrong, Iím not precious about any of this however I understand your complaints. Football fans are treated like cattle.

Nor am I having been going to Selhurst since 1960 but if they want to encourage new young fans than something has to be done. Unfortunately I believe only the corporate is important now. I feel like complaining but what's the point

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 03 Aug 19 9.22pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Nor am I having been going to Selhurst since 1960 but if they want to encourage new young fans than something has to be done. Unfortunately I believe only the corporate is important now. I feel like complaining but what's the point

Half the people who sit round me at Selhurst these days are foreign tourists. If you or I stopped going they would just sell more seats to them.

All the time we are premiership the club can do what they like, itís when we eventually go down that the ticket money becomes much more important. We might not have to wait too long

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag glorious Goring by sea 03 Aug 19 9.33pm Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

good posts tom & spider.

Things are not right at Selhurst or the club at present.
f*** knows whats going on.

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 03 Aug 19 9.43pm Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Half the people who sit round me at Selhurst these days are foreign tourists. If you or I stopped going they would just sell more seats to them.

All the time we are premiership the club can do what they like, itís when we eventually go down that the ticket money becomes much more important. We might not have to wait too long

You've nailed it there.
As long as Palace are in the Premier League,and all the games are being sold out, the powers that be won't care about the conditions of the regular supporters.
I remember a few years back,when they were in desperate trouble,the club rang me out of the blue trying to persuade me to buy a long term season ticket,how long for I said, as long as you want they replied.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pizzapat's Profile pizzapat Flag WADDON,CROYDON 03 Aug 19 9.48pm Send a Private Message to pizzapat Add pizzapat as a friend

Originally posted by bicycle repair man

All good and valid points.
I bought a ticket for the Whitehorse, and the palaver trying to get in to the ground was unbelievable.
Naturally not all the turnstiles were open, tickets wouldn't scan,and some of the stewards/security staff were straight out of Benny Hill.
During the game,while taking a corner, Luka was bombarded with all sorts of missiles, including what appeared to be a beer bottle.But the stewards seemed powerless to do anything about it.
The club waste millions on player wages,but penny pinch when it comes to looking after the supporters, it's pathetic.

what you went through at the Whitehorse today was unacceptable,HOWEVER there were several reasons for this, which should mean a repeat in a league gamer is unlikely!!!


 


HAPPY to be an employee of 2010!!!!!

#CRPS

please read [Link] to find out what #CRPS is

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 03 Aug 19 10.01pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by pizzapat

what you went through at the Whitehorse today was unacceptable,HOWEVER there were several reasons for this, which should mean a repeat in a league gamer is unlikely!!!


Can you elaborate? The other points raised show an amateurish organisation/business

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 03 Aug 19 10.23pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Just caught up with this thread ... sounds like a poor performance by an immensely inadequate squad. Are we going to be dragging our sorry a$$e$ along the bottom of the PL yet again?

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pizzapat's Profile pizzapat Flag WADDON,CROYDON 03 Aug 19 11.06pm Send a Private Message to pizzapat Add pizzapat as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Can you elaborate? The other points raised show an amateurish organisation/business

unfortunately i cant,but as i said id be surprised if it happened at a league game!!!

 


HAPPY to be an employee of 2010!!!!!

#CRPS

please read [Link] to find out what #CRPS is

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 04 Aug 19 7.00am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by pizzapat

unfortunately i cant,but as i said id be surprised if it happened at a league game!!!

I wouldn't especially the catering issues

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > How Amateur is our Club