You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Continued mass shootings in America
October 18 2019 12.13pm

Continued mass shootings in America

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

 

View DanH's Profile DanH Online Flag SW2 04 Aug 19 12.13pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

When will they change their gun laws? London has its issues but America is so much worse.

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 04 Aug 19 12.20pm Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Difficult to see any progress being made. A country happy to see children in schools routinely murdered by psychopaths because of Ďmuh Freedom and muh rightsí. Itís tragic and completely avoidable. These latest 2 are sad but unsurprising.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ouzo Dan's Profile Ouzo Dan Flag Behind you 04 Aug 19 12.32pm Send a Private Message to Ouzo Dan Add Ouzo Dan as a friend

I believe Trump pushed through stricter laws regarding background checks on new rifle purchases six months ago although I have no clue if this has been acted upon or not.
I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong as its been a while since I really paid attention to the goings on in the states.

Plenty of countries have similar gun laws to the states, the USA needs to fix its mental health problems not its gun laws.

 


Sex Panther 60% of the time it works every time

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NickinOX's Profile NickinOX Flag Sailing country. 04 Aug 19 1.21pm Send a Private Message to NickinOX Add NickinOX as a friend

Originally posted by Ouzo Dan

I believe Trump pushed through stricter laws regarding background checks on new rifle purchases six months ago although I have no clue if this has been acted upon or not.
I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong as its been a while since I really paid attention to the goings on in the states.

Plenty of countries have similar gun laws to the states, the USA needs to fix its mental health problems not its gun laws.

No he didnít. He said he supported control measures when asked, but then said he didnít and would veto any. Two bipartisan bills passed the House but are blocked in the Senate as Trump has said he will veto them.

In what other countries can one walk into a supermarket and buy a semi-automatic pistol or an assault rifle. Or, go to a gun show (or private party sale) and purchase an assault rifle without a background check or ID?

 


If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 04 Aug 19 2.56pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

This isn't going away and it's only going to get worse.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 04 Aug 19 3.45pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

We need to remember this the next time Trump lashes out at Khan about London's knife crime.

Some thoughts.

A Muslim shooter is thought to be a terrorist and 1.8 billion people are implicated in their crime.

A black skinned shooter is normally thought to be a gang member.

A professional shooter is thought to be a hero.

A white skinned shooter is thought to be a mentally ill lone wolf.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 04 Aug 19 4.02pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

There's a whiff of whataboutery in the air.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 04 Aug 19 4.23pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

We need to remember this the next time Trump lashes out at Khan about London's knife crime.

Some thoughts.

A Muslim shooter is thought to be a terrorist and 1.8 billion people are implicated in their crime.

A black skinned shooter is normally thought to be a gang member.

A professional shooter is thought to be a hero.

A white skinned shooter is thought to be a mentally ill lone wolf.

This is all just politics.

Reality is reality. Spin is spin.

Was ISIS a figment of someone's imagination?

How many gun crimes involving Black people were gang related?
There are facts available.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gazzerp's Profile gazzerp Flag Newry, Maine 04 Aug 19 4.24pm Send a Private Message to gazzerp Add gazzerp as a friend

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Second Amendment essentially permits every individual to be as armed equal to the military. In 1791, "a gun was a gun..." Today, if I theoretically wanted a tank, I could buy a tank. And, have at it...

Over two hundred years later, firearms have changed. The Second Amendment hasn't.

It needs to.

There is no rational reason for any type of automatic weapon to be available to anybody other than law enforcement. Screw AK-47 recreation...

Gun activists/Second Amendment supporters argue that if the state turns against the citizens, they need to be able to respond with equivalent force.

I totally agree with those who suggest we need to apply more resources to mental health, as this is often at the root of mass killings.

More importantly, however, we need to remove these weapons from the face of this country, figure-out how to prevent them from ever becoming (illegally) available again and, change the Second Amendment.

Figuring-out how to accomplish this, I'm afraid, is beyond my intellect...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ouzo Dan's Profile Ouzo Dan Flag Behind you 04 Aug 19 4.34pm Send a Private Message to Ouzo Dan Add Ouzo Dan as a friend

Originally posted by NickinOX

No he didnít. He said he supported control measures when asked, but then said he didnít and would veto any. Two bipartisan bills passed the House but are blocked in the Senate as Trump has said he will veto them.

In what other countries can one walk into a supermarket and buy a semi-automatic pistol or an assault rifle. Or, go to a gun show (or private party sale) and purchase an assault rifle without a background check or ID?

Like I say its been a while since I've paid attention to us law.

I also said similar laws, not identical.
The Czech Republic & Poland both have pretty relaxed gun laws, for example you can carry two concealed weapons in the Czech Republic & most bars you frequent out in that region will have signs on the entrances amusingly saying no guns/knives/samurai swords/tnt etc.

Take a look on Wikipedia for a breakdown/be a pedant.

I'm keen on a fabarms stf12 myself although will probably end up with a hunting rifle as I want nothing to do with the factory farmed meat you get in supermarkets.

Also the AR in AR15 doesn't mean Assault Rifle it means Armalite (the company that owns the patent)

Edited by Ouzo Dan (04 Aug 2019 4.37pm)

 


Sex Panther 60% of the time it works every time

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 04 Aug 19 4.40pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by gazzerp

Figuring-out how to accomplish this, I'm afraid, is beyond my intellect...

It can't be accomplished peacefully.....when the democrats get in power they will probably try to dismantle the system bit by bit.....but it's not going to be pretty that's for sure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 04 Aug 19 4.46pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

This is all just politics.

Reality is reality. Spin is spin.

Was ISIS a figment of someone's imagination?

How many gun crimes involving Black people were gang related?
There are facts available.

Like everything it was until it wasn't. Just like this guy taking people out. Idea turned reality.

I have little doubt that the messaging and language from the top has encouraged and been the impetus for some of these events, but ultimately there's not much anyone can do about that and it's not as if any one factor or change will stop such mass shootings.

Just like the gun situation really. With all the will in the world there are hundreds of millions of guns in the US and whole industries and organisations designed to ensure that doesn't change in any meaningless way. On one hand mass shootings create a call for action on guns, in another they desensitize, normalise, and act as a motivator for copycat types to get their racist or jihadist manifesto out there depending on what shade of d!ckhead is doing the shooting.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Continued mass shootings in America