You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > To all the Doomsdayers
October 17 2019 6.12am

To all the Doomsdayers

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 7 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 28 Aug 19 6.26pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by Kant

I hate to break it to some of you people on here but listen up, barring a miracle this is as good as it gets!

If you aren’t happy with this then you are in for a miserable life as a Palace fan and it might be better for your mental heath to follow a different sport or club.

The voice of reason.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 28 Aug 19 6.28pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

We seem to be a very unhappy club at the moment. We just seem to be drifting. A good example is Andros who has had a poor start to the season culminating in his dropping against Utd. He then criticised the club on twitter and seems to be a very unhappy bunny. Another wanting out perhaps?

What did he say?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 28 Aug 19 8.27pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

What did he say?

The clubs twitter feed mocked Ashley Young for being tormented by Wilf and he replied that we should show more respect for a 34 yo player who has had the career that he has. Sounded like he was narked being dropped

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dg1937's Profile dg1937 Flag 28 Aug 19 8.46pm Send a Private Message to dg1937 Add dg1937 as a friend

Surely it's a good thing if a player is 'narked at being dropped'? If a player said 'thanks for dropping, me, boss, I can put my feet up and be paid an outrageous amount for doing so'I'd be much more worried.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 28 Aug 19 9.16pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by xomnea

I started this thread as a tongue in cheek way of highlighting the website consuming melt downs that occur after every defeat.
Since then, Colchester have beaten us at home in the energy drink cup, which hasn’t gone anyway to reinforcing my outlook that ‘everything will be fine’. In reply to the chap that says ‘where do we all stand on this now’, my response is this:
1) Last season we accumulated our highest ever prem points total.
2) Michy did not need replacing. His work rate and desire lacked that of even Benteke and I for one would have been mortified if we’d made the same mistake of throwing mega money after a luxury yet unhungry player to secure him for another season. For anyone who disagrees with this assessment - see this post where I got absolutely slaughtered for criticising Bentekes ability soon after we bought him, I’d bet a few of you make an appearance there too and I’m glad you all caught up eventually.
[Link]
3) The AWB moan - we got £50 million for an inexperienced (caveat -clearly world class) right back. I repeat, he is a right back. Our club is borderline financially struggling. Would I have wanted them to spunk some of that £50 million on a Castagne, Clyne or Danny Simpson over working with Joel Ward and Martin Kelly? No I would not. Anyone who can’t see that we needed those funds as a god send to dig ourselves out of a big wage pit hole has a limited understanding of modern football.
4) Ayew - had a superb AFCON, looks comfortable on the ball, took his goal beautifully. Will come good. See previous thread re Benteke if worried about my assessment of Ayew.
5) General Doomsdayery - sometimes, we play crap and lose. Sometimes we play crap and win. Sometimes we play well and lose. Sometimes we play well and draw. Sometimes Roy makes subs an hour too late. Sometimes we go the first 7 games of the season without a goal. Sometimes Brighton beat us twice in the same season. Sometimes Watford kick us off the park. Sometimes our best player wants to leave. Sometimes our best player has to stay. Sometimes we get a new fashionable foreign manager. Sometimes we sack a new fashionable foreign manager after 4 games. Sometimes our chairman confirms for dragons den and then pulls out. Sometimes he dates Susanna Reid. Other times I don’t know who he’s dating. Sometimes Luka can’t string a pass together, sometimes Luka scores a vital penalty and we all cry and life is good. Sometimes we get turned over week after week but every time we pull through and finish where we need to be. This club gives us more f*ck you everyone else moments than any other club in the division (see beating Man United away) and for that we all need to be a bit more grateful.
Roll on Villa.

You been on the Billy

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 29 Aug 19 7.23am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by Kant

I hate to break it to some of you people on here but listen up, barring a miracle this is as good as it gets!

If you aren’t happy with this then you are in for a miserable life as a Palace fan and it might be better for your mental heath to follow a different sport or club.

It never takes that long before someone comes out with primary school retort of "support another club".

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 29 Aug 19 8.08am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by SurbsEagle

3 games into the season and we are 10th. There are 10 teams that have worse starts to the season then us. Confused how that is "serious trouble"?

or one point above the relegation zone!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Fatherken's Profile Fatherken Flag 29 Aug 19 8.21am Send a Private Message to Fatherken Add Fatherken as a friend

we will see how good we are after 37 more games . I don't think people will be moaning when we finish in 10th place

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 29 Aug 19 9.16am Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

I accept I’m in a minority here but for me it’s about more than where we finish in the table.
I want to watch us play with some freedom and without the shackles that Hodgson’s methods impose.
We were very stale at home last season and I think we’re in for more of the same this season.
We only created a couple of half chances against a mediocre Everton, created nothing v Sheffield U and weren’t able to score against fourth division Colchester.
Three games without us scoring in the four games played so far.
We got lucky v Man U scoring with the two of the three shots we had.
My view is that we have a good experienced squad full of talented and committed players ,despite a couple of gaps, and we should be able to play a more attractive style of football.
Hodgson says we ‘don’t create or take enough chances’ as if he is totally remote from the process and he doesn’t seem able to take responsibility for our playing methods.
With a solid back four and two holding midfield players we should be able to commit to four attacking players, in particular at home.
We won’t score if we don’t get players in the box, play with a quicker tempo or vary our set pieces.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View RyWa's Profile RyWa Flag Beckenham 29 Aug 19 10.19am Send a Private Message to RyWa Add RyWa as a friend

Originally posted by Fatherken

we will see how good we are after 37 more games . I don't think people will be moaning when we finish in 10th place

35 more games, we've played 3 so far

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davidpercival's Profile davidpercival Flag Croydon 29 Aug 19 10.22am Send a Private Message to davidpercival Add davidpercival as a friend

You seem to have an almost Psychic ability to read my thoughts and to express them in a much better way than I could. You have already won the Sensible Supporter of the season award in my estimation.


Originally posted by xomnea

I started this thread as a tongue in cheek way of highlighting the website consuming melt downs that occur after every defeat.
Since then, Colchester have beaten us at home in the energy drink cup, which hasn’t gone anyway to reinforcing my outlook that ‘everything will be fine’. In reply to the chap that says ‘where do we all stand on this now’, my response is this:
1) Last season we accumulated our highest ever prem points total.
2) Michy did not need replacing. His work rate and desire lacked that of even Benteke and I for one would have been mortified if we’d made the same mistake of throwing mega money after a luxury yet unhungry player to secure him for another season. For anyone who disagrees with this assessment - see this post where I got absolutely slaughtered for criticising Bentekes ability soon after we bought him, I’d bet a few of you make an appearance there too and I’m glad you all caught up eventually.
[Link]
3) The AWB moan - we got £50 million for an inexperienced (caveat -clearly world class) right back. I repeat, he is a right back. Our club is borderline financially struggling. Would I have wanted them to spunk some of that £50 million on a Castagne, Clyne or Danny Simpson over working with Joel Ward and Martin Kelly? No I would not. Anyone who can’t see that we needed those funds as a god send to dig ourselves out of a big wage pit hole has a limited understanding of modern football.
4) Ayew - had a superb AFCON, looks comfortable on the ball, took his goal beautifully. Will come good. See previous thread re Benteke if worried about my assessment of Ayew.
5) General Doomsdayery - sometimes, we play crap and lose. Sometimes we play crap and win. Sometimes we play well and lose. Sometimes we play well and draw. Sometimes Roy makes subs an hour too late. Sometimes we go the first 7 games of the season without a goal. Sometimes Brighton beat us twice in the same season. Sometimes Watford kick us off the park. Sometimes our best player wants to leave. Sometimes our best player has to stay. Sometimes we get a new fashionable foreign manager. Sometimes we sack a new fashionable foreign manager after 4 games. Sometimes our chairman confirms for dragons den and then pulls out. Sometimes he dates Susanna Reid. Other times I don’t know who he’s dating. Sometimes Luka can’t string a pass together, sometimes Luka scores a vital penalty and we all cry and life is good. Sometimes we get turned over week after week but every time we pull through and finish where we need to be. This club gives us more f*ck you everyone else moments than any other club in the division (see beating Man United away) and for that we all need to be a bit more grateful.
Roll on Villa.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 29 Aug 19 10.59am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

It’s a nice speech, and probably quite moving and emotional for xomnea and davidpercival. Like the end of a moving film. But what all we’d like to see is less of the crab ball and more football, players played in position, a formation that suits them (and can please Roy defensively), the ball moved a bit quicker, especially when a break is on or they’re outnumbered or their full back is 30 yards ahead of the ball and one of our players is sprinting down that wing in the 1st half at Selhurst. Change the selections, reward performances.

I know and accept why Roy is our manager, but this is not beyond possible.

I also agree Batshuayi is not the answer permanently for a big fee. He is almost useless in the middle third of the pitch. Cannot or won’t head the ball or challenge an opponent whatsoever and his hold up play is non existent. He is a loan option but not permanent.

That period when we threw away the 1/4 final at Watford and Brighton at home encapsulated what our intention is and how fans that are actually the club (in Parish’s words) are viewed and why we may as well just slump in armchair and never really get excited at all really. The importance of those games was not a secret, but because of this rigid way our team is all of the time until April maybe the passion or character (including individual) is sucked out of them so much that when it’s characters vs characters we’re in for a nailed on loss. Brighton, Watford, Sheff Utd. Notice how Zaha looked so poor and frustrated last season, even after the fouling complaints by him and Parish. Come April or May and he’s back to life again.

I get why Roy is manager but he has a tendency to suck the life and soul out of the team and players. I’m not asking for Pardew back before anyone throws in the usual extreme, but can we please not wait for the opposition to get behind the ball before we pass it around in front of them and their two banks of 4 or 5?

Edited by Rudi Hedman (29 Aug 2019 11.27am)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 7 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > To all the Doomsdayers