You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Time for a clear out in Jan ?
December 5 2019 10.25pm

Time for a clear out in Jan ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View the.universal's Profile the.universal 25 Nov 19 6.13pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Sakho is 30 in February, he has only played 3 games since February this year due to injuries and if these persist preventing him from playing many games this season, I suspect he wouldn't command as much in the summer as perhaps many think.

In terms of a clear-out, if we get relegated this of course is the likely outcome.

Edited by Willo (25 Nov 2019 6.10pm)

You are always so negative! I challenge you to say one positive thing about this club or a current player.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 25 Nov 19 6.22pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal


You are always so negative! I challenge you to say one positive thing about this club or a current player.

I think it is realistic to think that we could well get drawn into a relegation battle.

I have supported our club since the 60s and have some splendid memories of the 'Highs' and I am sure I have waxed lyrical about the club and players over the years!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 25 Nov 19 6.29pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I think it is realistic to think that we could well get drawn into a relegation battle.

I have supported our club since the 60s and have some splendid memories of the 'Highs' and I am sure I have waxed lyrical about the club and players over the years!

Nice try, you nearly managed it.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 25 Nov 19 6.34pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal


Nice try, you nearly managed it.

This if course your interpretation of my comments.

In any event I don't need to respond to such challenges. One suspects that over the years on HOL I have posted postives about our team but I'm not challenging you to trawl through my posts to find examples.

I really do not think it is unreasonable to assume that we could well be drawn into a relegation battle as we have 'Form' on this matter!


Edited by Willo (25 Nov 2019 6.39pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 25 Nov 19 6.39pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

This if course your interpretation of my comments.

In any event I don't need to respond to such challenges. One suspects that over the years on HOL I have posted postives about our team but I'm not challeging you to trawl through my posts to find examples.

Edited by Willo (25 Nov 2019 6.37pm)

Nice one. Have a good evening.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 25 Nov 19 6.41pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

Nice one. Have a good evening.

I wish you a good evening too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 26 Nov 19 10.30am Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

..Cabaye flattered to deceive, much preferred Puncheon who also took much much better free kicks and corners etc, waste of money.

Cabaye was very good. Meyer was supposed to be his replacement as we didn't manage to keep Loftus Cheek who filled that position fantastically and complemented our attack, but for one reason or another he's not glueing.
No Cabaye and no Cabaye replacement, no link between mid and attack, no... Goals.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 26 Nov 19 11.21am Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

i think its mucb easier to have a clear our than you think, and costly

last clear out we had didnt we literally wipe our hands of puncheon, williams, sako & mutch last january.

i cant see any clubs wanting to give us cash for our cast offs, so potentially we could loan, free transfer jairo & wickham to save (at a guess) £80k a week from the wage bill.

i dont really see where else we could trim the squad...maybe sell scott dann for a few quid, hes on decent wages.

i dont want to see us give up on meyer, i think theres a cracking little player in there. potentially he will have to wait another year til jimmy mac slows down.

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 26 Nov 19 12.29pm Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

i think its mucb easier to have a clear our than you think, and costly

last clear out we had didnt we literally wipe our hands of puncheon, williams, sako & mutch last january.

i cant see any clubs wanting to give us cash for our cast offs, so potentially we could loan, free transfer jairo & wickham to save (at a guess) £80k a week from the wage bill.

i dont really see where else we could trim the squad...maybe sell scott dann for a few quid, hes on decent wages.

i dont want to see us give up on meyer, i think theres a cracking little player in there. potentially he will have to wait another year til jimmy mac slows down.


Only way I can see Max getting a chance at Palace is with a change of Manager. I think its more likely he will move on. Roy just doesnt fancy him. Hes got some talent but his performance in the main have not made him a shoe in for the first 11. I know its tough when you've only got a few mins every now and then but he hasnt exactly pulled trees up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 26 Nov 19 2.03pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch


Only way I can see Max getting a chance at Palace is with a change of Manager. I think its more likely he will move on. Roy just doesnt fancy him. Hes got some talent but his performance in the main have not made him a shoe in for the first 11. I know its tough when you've only got a few mins every now and then but he hasnt exactly pulled trees up.

just been looking at this with regards to max and i hadnt picked up before that actually, a lot of the time last season he got decent time on the pitch we had some of our best results of the season.

[Link]

i think this season he has been a consequence of kouyate looking do good in the middlef the park.

also its interesting wilf always looks to link up with him a lot when he is on the pitch, similar to when we had RLC.

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 26 Nov 19 3.08pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

I doubt there will be a clear out in January.
We are well stocked in defence and midfield so there could be possible moves for Dann and Riedewald if there are no significant injuries in their areas.
I also see the Camarasa loan ending.
We are strongly linked with loan moves for Brewster and Walker Peters.
This would clearly introduce more youth into the squad , although given Roy’s track record on relying on experience, there must be some doubt if he would use them.
The summer is the more likely time for major changes.
By then we’ll be clearer as to what division we are in, Roy’s future , Zaha’s position and the takeover situation.
We have an ageing squad with no youngsters beating down the door to play so this is area which will clearly need addressing .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 26 Nov 19 3.24pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

i think its mucb easier to have a clear our than you think, and costly

last clear out we had didnt we literally wipe our hands of puncheon, williams, sako & mutch last january.

i cant see any clubs wanting to give us cash for our cast offs, so potentially we could loan, free transfer jairo & wickham to save (at a guess) £80k a week from the wage bill.

i dont really see where else we could trim the squad...maybe sell scott dann for a few quid, hes on decent wages.

i dont want to see us give up on meyer, i think theres a cracking little player in there. potentially he will have to wait another year til jimmy mac slows down.

Pretty much agree here and we often disagree. But it’s also the regular starters who are ageing and most are in their final best year(s). That is going to cost money and with Zaha probably depreciating in value every week and the wage bill still too high after a cull of players, I see a very difficult task ahead unless the club is sold, which is what it’s going to take seeing as players like Benteke are being extended just so they don’t buy anyone rather than to protect an asset value of zero or minus however much you value his wages to be of complete waste.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Time for a clear out in Jan ?