You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Why does Roy treat Camarasa like this
July 16 2020 5.43am

Why does Roy treat Camarasa like this

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Hutchyeagle's Profile Hutchyeagle Flag Hove 17 Dec 19 9.10am Send a Private Message to Hutchyeagle Add Hutchyeagle as a friend

Cannot believe Roy wonít give him a try....
With our injuries mounting , Townsend out, we need to play a different style of football. Camarasa could be a revelation for us..just very strange
PS. Reidewald is no way good enough for the premier league ...seen enough of him now , he seems to be unable to move and run properly ..anything but athletic...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Beastie's Profile Beastie Flag 17 Dec 19 9.33am Send a Private Message to Beastie Add Beastie as a friend

Originally posted by Hutchyeagle

Cannot believe Roy wonít give him a try....
With our injuries mounting , Townsend out, we need to play a different style of football. Camarasa could be a revelation for us..just very strange
PS. Reidewald is no way good enough for the premier league ...seen enough of him now , he seems to be unable to move and run properly ..anything but athletic...

I thought the same but it seems he was playing with an injury.

Re:Camarasa, I can only assume there are reasons for his lack of game time that have not been made public. There has to be.

I just hope after Meyerís great cameo, we see more of him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 17 Dec 19 10.15am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

There were question marks around whether he was faking an injury when Cardiff were struggling at one point last season, but whenever I saw him he stood out as their best player and seemed willing to get stuck in. I think his lack of game time here is really just down to Roy preferring a workmanlike midfield three - the same thing restricting Meyer's appearances - and a preference for Andros, Wilf and Schlupp in the wide positions. If Andros is out again on Saturday then I hope either Meyer or Camarassa get a chance to start.

I still hope he at least gets a chance to impress, as I can see him going to Norwich or somewhere in January and us asking 'What if?'

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 17 Dec 19 10.40am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

There were question marks around whether he was faking an injury when Cardiff were struggling at one point last season, but whenever I saw him he stood out as their best player and seemed willing to get stuck in. I think his lack of game time here is really just down to Roy preferring a workmanlike midfield three - the same thing restricting Meyer's appearances - and a preference for Andros, Wilf and Schlupp in the wide positions. If Andros is out again on Saturday then I hope either Meyer or Camarassa get a chance to start.

I still hope he at least gets a chance to impress, as I can see him going to Norwich or somewhere in January and us asking 'What if?'

There are many postís questioning Royís judgement, obviously Camarassa hasnít impressed in training to force his way into the team. We play in a style that is workman like and functional, Camarassa maybe isnít up for it.
People always think players not in the team are better than they really are, Reidewald being a good example.
Roy has us in 9th position with his methods, I canít see him changing anytime soon.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 17 Dec 19 10.46am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

There are many postís questioning Royís judgement, obviously Camarassa hasnít impressed in training to force his way into the team. We play in a style that is workman like and functional, Camarassa maybe isnít up for it.
People always think players not in the team are better than they really are, Reidewald being a good example.
Roy has us in 9th position with his methods, I canít see him changing anytime soon.

I'm not questioning Roy's tactics, rather stating what they are and why Camarassa doesn't seem to fit in. Camarassa is a bit different in that he proved himself PL standard at Cardiff last season getting their POTY; Riedewald on the other hand has had perhaps one, maybe two, good games in his Palace career. You may be right about VC struggling to impress in training, but it may also be a political thing with him seemingly not a player chosen by Roy. Who knows.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hannes's Profile Hannes Flag Vienna 17 Dec 19 10.48am Send a Private Message to Hannes Add Hannes as a friend

Originally posted by Painter
Spot on!


There are many postís questioning Royís judgement, obviously Camarassa hasnít impressed in training to force his way into the team. We play in a style that is workman like and functional, Camarassa maybe isnít up for it.
People always think players not in the team are better than they really are, Reidewald being a good example.
Roy has us in 9th position with his methods, I canít see him changing anytime soon.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 17 Dec 19 11.14am Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

I wonder if there is something financial here, as in if he plays x number of mins, Palace have to pay something regarding the loan.

Roy wont play him unless he absolutely has to.

If possible, he will be going elsewhere in Jan.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 17 Dec 19 11.57am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Whatever reasons Roy has, it is a big shame Victor C. is not given any game time. As for Riedewald, think there is a good player in there - only not as a full back. He can pass the ball well to start with - unlike most of his team mates who yesterday mostly turned out color blind.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 17 Dec 19 1.23pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Painter


There are many postís questioning Royís judgement, obviously Camarassa hasnít impressed in training to force his way into the team.

Ian Botham never impressed in training either

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Beastie's Profile Beastie Flag 17 Dec 19 1.38pm Send a Private Message to Beastie Add Beastie as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Ian Botham never impressed in training either

Yeah, just like Beefy, Camarasa should say, Ďthatís what I think of your selection policy. Piss off and leave me alone. Iím walking to John OíGroats for some spastics'.

Edited by Beastie (17 Dec 2019 1.38pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 18 Dec 19 8.55am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

There were question marks around whether he was faking an injury when Cardiff were struggling at one point last season, but whenever I saw him he stood out as their best player and seemed willing to get stuck in. I think his lack of game time here is really just down to Roy preferring a workmanlike midfield three - the same thing restricting Meyer's appearances - and a preference for Andros, Wilf and Schlupp in the wide positions. If Andros is out again on Saturday then I hope either Meyer or Camarassa get a chance to start.

I still hope he at least gets a chance to impress, as I can see him going to Norwich or somewhere in January and us asking 'What if?'

I think Roy would rather play our 5th choice goal keeper in mid field rather than Meyer or Camarassa, defiantly rather than Camarassa

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 18 Dec 19 9.48am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

Whatever reasons Roy has, it is a big shame Victor C. is not given any game time. As for Riedewald, think there is a good player in there - only not as a full back. He can pass the ball well to start with - unlike most of his team mates who yesterday mostly turned out color blind.

He was bought by De Boer to play in a back three or as a defensive midfielder, not sure how many games he has played at left-back.I believe it was reported last year that Hodgson and Lewington are of the opinion that he doesn't react or get back quick enough for the PL.He is capable with the ball at his feet but I think a couple of years ago he was accused of switching off at times, but this charge could be labelled against a whole host of players.

In terms of Camarasa, it would appear that it is likely he will leave in January.Played really well for Cardiff last year but hasn't been given a chance at our club.I recall witnessing our players come on to the pitch after a home game this season, presumably for a "Warm down".Camarasa cut a solitary figure detached from a cluster of players.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 > Last Ľ

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Why does Roy treat Camarasa like this