You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Signings On The Way
January 25 2021 10.37am

Signings On The Way

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 243 of 268 < 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View iheartcpfc's Profile iheartcpfc Flag SE25 06 Oct 20 10.41pm Send a Private Message to iheartcpfc Add iheartcpfc as a friend

Hope we still get Downes

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 07 Oct 20 7.42am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Personally I'd take the risk on Osayi-Samuel. Would cost less than £5m, is a right-sided midfielder, is quick, direct and strong. No nonsense and may well be like the equivalent of Schlupp but on the right. For me that would be buying a player who fits our style.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 07 Oct 20 8.29am Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Personally I'd take the risk on Osayi-Samuel. Would cost less than £5m, is a right-sided midfielder, is quick, direct and strong. No nonsense and may well be like the equivalent of Schlupp but on the right. For me that would be buying a player who fits our style.

Good shout.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Online Flag London 07 Oct 20 9.16am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle

Given the fuss there's been over Benrahma, and the heavy ITK hints etc, I'd be very disappointed if we don't sign him? I seem to remember that the ever reliable Kelly has deputised as RB before, so we wouldn't need to find a place for Clyne, who isn't match fit in any case? So maybe Kelly could fit in temporarily until either Ward recovers, or Ferguson comes in? Does anyone know how serious Wards injury is?

Ferguson isnít likely to be back until December. Not sure how bad Wards is, might not even be serious at all AFAIK. Clyne is still needed in my opinion.

With Benrahma I donít think the links are credible. He is a player we have an interest in, but as Roy has stated on many occasions, not a priority. We kept Wilf and we have Eze as well as plenty of cover in Townsend, Schlupp and Ayew. I just donít see it being worthwhile.

Kelly we need for CB cover as we are still short there with Cahill and Tomkins still not back and Sakho being crap.

All we need in my opinion is Downes and to get our youngsters out on loan.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 07 Oct 20 10.20am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by coulsdoneagle

Ferguson isnít likely to be back until December. Not sure how bad Wards is, might not even be serious at all AFAIK. Clyne is still needed in my opinion.

With Benrahma I donít think the links are credible. He is a player we have an interest in, but as Roy has stated on many occasions, not a priority. We kept Wilf and we have Eze as well as plenty of cover in Townsend, Schlupp and Ayew. I just donít see it being worthwhile.

Kelly we need for CB cover as we are still short there with Cahill and Tomkins still not back and Sakho being crap.

All we need in my opinion is Downes and to get our youngsters out on loan.

I agree, cover for right back right now seems to be a more important position than another left winger.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 07 Oct 20 12.14pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

We need a constructive midfielder desperately.

Yohan Cabaye is available and so is Jack Wilshere.
Pros and cons for both but they could be signed on a 'pay as you play' basis and would reduce their wage demands just to get back into the PL.

Without such a player the manager will stick to his 'go for a 0-0' benighted tactics which will inevitably be 0-2 or 0-4 like against Chelsea - no way to progress or even survive in the PL.

If we need another attacker make it Osayi-Samuel - available for £5 million, much cheaper than Benrahama and younger with great potential.

Osayi-Samuel is a front runner who likes to take on and beat defenders.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pigglelet's Profile Pigglelet Flag Deepest Darkest Sussex 07 Oct 20 12.44pm Send a Private Message to Pigglelet Add Pigglelet as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle

Given the fuss there's been over Benrahma, and the heavy ITK hints etc, I'd be very disappointed if we don't sign him? I seem to remember that the ever reliable Kelly has deputised as RB before, so we wouldn't need to find a place for Clyne, who isn't match fit in any case? So maybe Kelly could fit in temporarily until either Ward recovers, or Ferguson comes in? Does anyone know how serious Wards injury is?

There's nothing about that in Physio Room

[Link]

 


"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 07 Oct 20 12.44pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

and further to Osayi-Samuel he would be competition to the lack lustre (and still with us) Zaha.

Zaha has been undroppable but some healthy competition might just inspire him to get back to his old self.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 07 Oct 20 1.33pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

[Link]

Josh King? Has he been mentioned before?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 07 Oct 20 1.36pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

[Link]

Josh King? Has he been mentioned before?

I think he was, a good while back. You will find it on another page I'd say. He would be ok and has a decent top-flight record. I wouldn't want to pay too much though. They're probably asking for more than we will pay.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pigglelet's Profile Pigglelet Flag Deepest Darkest Sussex 07 Oct 20 2.01pm Send a Private Message to Pigglelet Add Pigglelet as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I think he was, a good while back. You will find it on another page I'd say. He would be ok and has a decent top-flight record. I wouldn't want to pay too much though. They're probably asking for more than we will pay.



According to transfer markt his current value is £14.40m. I may be wrong but I believe Bournemouth were asking 10m for him. At 28 (29 in January) he'd hardly reduce the age of the squad by much.

[Link]


 


"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
Mark Twain.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 07 Oct 20 2.08pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


A Norwegian striker? Sounds familiar.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 243 of 268 < 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Signings On The Way