You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Normal tv being killed.
February 24 2020 9.34pm

Normal tv being killed.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

 

View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 15 Jan 20 10.30pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Being able to watch a whole series in a night is killing normal tv.
Remember when you used to have to wait for a wed/ fri to watch a certain program, you’d go to work, building site/ office and everyone would be talking about that episode.
It’s gone now, fu*king killed it.
Watched the King Gary pilot a year ago (I’m sure most on here would look down their noses at a program like this , similar to they do to people that read the sun) but I couldn’t give a f*ck , watched the first episode in series one, then the next 5 on bbc iplayer, in the same night.
Will be the same with ‘this country’ which is out soon, I don’t really get why this would be an advantage to the people that make the program, as they are aired at prime time.
One more thing for the ‘need it now generation’ , which I am part of. Shame we get the option, these programmes could really build interest like the old shows used to.
I remember the only fools and horses Christmas specials, could hear a pin drop in our house, nowadays it would be available in September.
Shame.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 16 Jan 20 12.47am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

kids don't watch telly channels anymore.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 16 Jan 20 5.57am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

kids don't watch telly channels anymore.

True. Mine prefers watching You Tube

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag glorious Goring by sea 16 Jan 20 7.25am Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

TV was put to sleep years ago with the brain dead dirge delivered by simon cowell,plus celeb whatever, strictly bake off love island in Essex etc.

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 16 Jan 20 7.53am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

Being able to watch a whole series in a night is killing normal tv.
Remember when you used to have to wait for a wed/ fri to watch a certain program, you’d go to work, building site/ office and everyone would be talking about that episode.
It’s gone now, fu*king killed it.
Watched the King Gary pilot a year ago (I’m sure most on here would look down their noses at a program like this , similar to they do to people that read the sun) but I couldn’t give a f*ck , watched the first episode in series one, then the next 5 on bbc iplayer, in the same night.
Will be the same with ‘this country’ which is out soon, I don’t really get why this would be an advantage to the people that make the program, as they are aired at prime time.
One more thing for the ‘need it now generation’ , which I am part of. Shame we get the option, these programmes could really build interest like the old shows used to.
I remember the only fools and horses Christmas specials, could hear a pin drop in our house, nowadays it would be available in September.
Shame.

I'm not sure the good old days or golden age every existed. TV was a national event because we only ever had 2/3 channels so around the water cooler at work people would discuss last night's Telly.

However for every Dad's Army or Fools and Horses there were plenty of rubbish shows and the viewer had a lack of choice.

I think today is better because the viewer rather than the broadcaster decides what they want to watch. Yes it does mean that the "shared" experience with your friends and colleagues has gone but that is a small price to pay for watching what you want rather than being told this is your viewing for tonight.

Viva choice.

Edited by Badger11 (16 Jan 2020 7.53am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 16 Jan 20 8.18am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by kingdowieonthewall

TV was put to sleep years ago with the brain dead dirge delivered by simon cowell,plus celeb whatever, strictly bake off love island in Essex etc.

I am always intrigued by the huge viewing figures of programmes like Bake Off and Masterchef as they seem to be watched by people with no intention of ever trying to cook anything interesting themselves.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 16 Jan 20 9.11am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

I am always intrigued by the huge viewing figures of programmes like Bake Off and Masterchef as they seem to be watched by people with no intention of ever trying to cook anything interesting themselves.

Those baking programmes look like the result of a drunken bet
- I can make a popular show about baking cakes.
- Well, you’d better have some gorgeous presenters.
- No. That’s how confident I am.
If you’d said 40 years ago that millions of young people would be watching cake baking, Come Dancing and Opportunity Knocks you’d have been laughed at.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 16 Jan 20 9.17am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Those baking programmes look like the result of a drunken bet
- I can make a popular show about baking cakes.
- Well, you’d better have some gorgeous presenters.
- No. That’s how confident I am.
If you’d said 40 years ago that millions of young people would be watching cake baking, Come Dancing and Opportunity Knocks you’d have been laughed at.

With Hughie Green, also Take Your Pick with Michael Miles & not forgetting The Golden Shot with Bob Monkhouse. Your right tho reality shows killed 'normal' tv years ago.

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 16 Jan 20 9.30am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

With Hughie Green, also Take Your Pick with Michael Miles & not forgetting The Golden Shot with Bob Monkhouse. Your right tho reality shows killed 'normal' tv years ago.

They should bring The Golden Shot back. What could go wrong with firing crossbow bolts across a studio?
Maybe modernise it a bit and fire an AK47 instead.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 16 Jan 20 9.53am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

The pottery one is quite amusing.
Normally has a bit of clunge as well.
The judge cries when he sees a good piece of work.
Watched one last year where they made a toilet.
One sort forgot to put a trap on it.
Needless to say she exited stage left.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 16 Jan 20 9.55am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

They should bring The Golden Shot back. What could go wrong with firing crossbow bolts across a studio?
Maybe modernise it a bit and fire an AK47 instead.

Did anyway ever actually win the top prize? I think you had to break the thread on the target? Maybe it's me but I don't remember anyone winning the speed boat or caravan they normally went home with the toaster.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Church of Fudge 16 Jan 20 10.43am Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Did anyway ever actually win the top prize? I think you had to break the thread on the target? Maybe it's me but I don't remember anyone winning the speed boat or caravan they normally went home with the toaster.

I remember on Bullseye, the speedboat was always won by some bloke in Walsall or Coventry, about as far from the sea as it's possible to be in this country.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Normal tv being killed.