You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread
February 26 2020 7.28pm

Palace vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 20 of 20 « First< 16 17 18 19 20

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 02 Feb 20 5.59pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber

I think that’s perhaps a bit strong.

There’s clearly no definition of exactly how many players make up the ‘best in the world’ but he’s without doubt our established ‘Number 1’ and one of the best keepers in the Premier League which on current Form is the best in the world (Providing both Champions League finalists and UEFA World Super Cup Winners).

He is exceptionally good and not since Nigel Martyn have I felt so comfortable with our goalkeeper position.

He’s a very very good keeper, no point putting him in the same conversation as the welsh fella, like comparing Virgil Van Dyke and dick van dyke as central defenders.
Apart from the mistake he had another good game yesterday , but it was a terrible mistake , shocking mistake.
Keepers are held responsible if they let a goal in like that and rightly so. But if Benteke scores 2 of his 3 decent chances, or even one and Tomkins burys the sitter at the far post, it wouldn’t have mattered.
Still player of the year for me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE's Profile CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE Flag bloomfield 02 Feb 20 7.27pm Send a Private Message to CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE Add CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

A good goalkeeper yes but one of the best in the world? You are having a laugh, he is not even the best keeper in Spain or here.

he has to be way up there. its the way he does his goalkeeping, priority is stopping events before they are goal threats. then add in the reflex saves. little wonder city and chelsea are enquiring

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Numbers Man's Profile Numbers Man Flag Tulse Hill 02 Feb 20 8.11pm Send a Private Message to Numbers Man Add Numbers Man as a friend

Yes he is a very good keeper but I hope he learns that in future it is usually better to either punch or tip over the bar in-swinging corners.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 02 Feb 20 8.20pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Charles

Treated as we were to painfully many replays of the Blades' goal, I came to think too much was made of Guaita's 'error' and not enough of the corner kick itself; face matters it was a blinder. All credit to Norwood who took the kick but the wind played a part too. The ball Guaita fumbled was not the one he went for and I'm not sure how anyone can expect to forecast that kind of effect accurately.

I really like the keeper, but please no excuses for a monumental f*ck up, which is what it was.
It doesn’t matter if the corner taker hits it at 100mph with some Shane Warne spin, if the keeper gets hands to it and it ends up in the goal , it’s his fault.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 02 Feb 20 9.30pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

I really like the keeper, but please no excuses for a monumental f*ck up, which is what it was.
It doesn’t matter if the corner taker hits it at 100mph with some Shane Warne spin, if the keeper gets hands to it and it ends up in the goal , it’s his fault.

I dont think anyone said it wasnt his fault.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 03 Feb 20 5.07am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

He’s a very very good keeper, no point putting him in the same conversation as the welsh fella, like comparing Virgil Van Dyke and dick van dyke as central defenders.
Apart from the mistake he had another good game yesterday , but it was a terrible mistake , shocking mistake.
Keepers are held responsible if they let a goal in like that and rightly so. But if Benteke scores 2 of his 3 decent chances, or even one and Tomkins burys the sitter at the far post, it wouldn’t have mattered.
Still player of the year for me.

Well said that man!!

Edited by The Dolphin (03 Feb 2020 5.08am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View G O Eagle's Profile G O Eagle Flag 03 Feb 20 11.16am Send a Private Message to G O Eagle Add G O Eagle as a friend

You're spot on DenTyler:

Luka has delivered corners in 20 games - leading to no goals.

McCarthy delivers a few and we score.

It's no coincidence: Lukas corners always goes straight into the head (of feet) of a player from the opposing team, McCarthys doesn't.

So deciding to reinstall Luka as the one taking corners, is deciding that we do not wish to score from corners!

That is bad for any side, but disastrous for a team struggling to score from open play.

For Roy to decide this, he must be more than complete lost, and has to go now!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 03 Feb 20 12.10pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by G O Eagle

You're spot on DenTyler:

Luka has delivered corners in 20 games - leading to no goals.

McCarthy delivers a few and we score.

It's no coincidence: Lukas corners always goes straight into the head (of feet) of a player from the opposing team, McCarthys doesn't.

So deciding to reinstall Luka as the one taking corners, is deciding that we do not wish to score from corners!

That is bad for any side, but disastrous for a team struggling to score from open play.

For Roy to decide this, he must be more than complete lost, and has to go now!

Roy’s choice of corner takers, has never been his strongest point, as his infamous choice for England shows.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 03 Feb 20 12.46pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Luka’s corners are poor...just floated towards the back post for the keeper to claim comfortably.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 03 Feb 20 3.02pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber

Luka’s corners are poor...just floated towards the back post for the keeper to claim comfortably.

Spot on. Interesting, though, that PvA seemed to take over corner duties in the last game in the second half and from both sides

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The_Aviator's Profile The_Aviator Flag Rochester 05 Feb 20 12.58am Send a Private Message to The_Aviator Add The_Aviator as a friend

I just watched the 14 minute highlights back for the first time (MOTD doesn't show enough of the action).

I have to say that there was some good stuff in there at times.

I'm more optimistic now than I was leaving Selhurst on Saturday. Perhaps I was still reeling from the Southampton match?

With PVA and Townsend back in the starting line-up for Everton, I think we could have a chance of nicking it. Would love to see Luka dropped for Riedewald though.

Edited by The_Aviator (05 Feb 2020 12.58am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 20 of 20 « First< 16 17 18 19 20

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread