You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread
July 4 2020 12.48pm

Palace vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 19 of 20 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 02 Feb 20 2.16pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Originally posted by berlinpalace

Some of the most pathetic whining I’ve seen on here for a long while. God only knows what you t***s are going to do when things really go tits up? Maybe a warm bath a razor blade and some Amy Winehouse?
We lost a competitive game to a one in thousand goal keeping mistake and had decent chances to score. Get a f***ing grip.

I do find this rather bizarre (and also the personal insults totally unnecessary) as it is NOT a one off and is not as simple as looking at yesterdays performance in isolation.

Peoples frustrations are born from the absolute dross we have been subjected to in 4 out of the last 6 Home games and a real concern for tactics, application, age of squad, transfer dealings and a growing concern for next season.

Performances against Brighton, Derby, Southampton and yesterday against Sheffield Utd have quite rightly got a significant number of us very concerned (I was actually worried after watching us get totally out fought at Bramall Lane in our first away game of the season).

If it was an isolated disappointment then fair enough but it’s not and coupled with the fact that the football on show is absolutely dire and devoid of attacking ideas then I fully understand peoples frustration.

Edited by Phil’s Barber (02 Feb 2020 2.17pm)

Edited by Phil’s Barber (02 Feb 2020 2.18pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 02 Feb 20 2.43pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I have posted a lot of negative stuff since yesterdays defeat - a lot of general stuff.
Specifics on yesterday -
- Another referee sends their full back off and they play 60 mins with 10 men - I have now seen the tackle and it's touch and go whether it wasn't a straight red on its own merits.
- A proper centre forward would have got a hat trick yesterday - two in the first half and one in the second.
- One error cost us a point.
The above though disguises the consistent malaise in the the whole club though but with a bit of luck it might have been a win.
Just balancing my positive/negative books that's all!

Nicely summed up.

I too have since seen the Baldock challenge on Wilf on tv and cannot believe he wasn’t shown a second yellow card for it. Pundits on tv (Chris Kamara and Nigel Pearson) were also of the same opinion.

As much as I will support any player who pulls on our shirt I was disappointed with Benteke’s performance yesterday, positioning for the first half crosses (x3) was so questionable and the shot he had in the second half bobbled twice before it got to the keeper, he must be so lacking in confidence to side foot it rather than put his laces through it, which is what it was crying out for.

Guaita has been outstanding for us this season and his performances and saves have earned us numerous points. But as with Dubravka and De Gea, who are similarly superb goalkeepers, no one is exempt from the rare but costly error.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View G O Eagle's Profile G O Eagle Flag 02 Feb 20 2.45pm Send a Private Message to G O Eagle Add G O Eagle as a friend

Just watching Burnley playing excellent football, creating chances and players enjoying their football.

Just as we did under Pulis, Allerdyce and even Pardew.

Under Hodgson, we are dreadfull to watch, even when we win.

This is supposed to be the beautiful game, but he makes it ugly. Should retire, the soooner the better.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 02 Feb 20 2.49pm Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber

Nicely summed up.

I too have since seen the Baldock challenge on Wilf on tv and cannot believe he wasn’t shown a second yellow card for it. Pundits on tv (Chris Kamara and Nigel Pearson) were also of the same opinion.

As much as I will support any player who pulls on our shirt I was disappointed with Benteke’s performance yesterday, positioning for the first half crosses (x3) was so questionable and the shot he had in the second half bobbled twice before it got to the keeper, he must be so lacking in confidence to side foot it rather than put his laces through it, which is what it was crying out for.

Guaita has been outstanding for us this season and his performances and saves have earned us numerous points. But as with Dubravka and De Gea, who are similarly superb goalkeepers, no one is exempt from the rare but costly error.

I think 'oustanding' is going a bit far. He has made some very good saves, but yesterday was not the first time he has dropped a straightforward cross and it was only a matter of time before he cost us in that way. If Hennessey had done that, this board would have gone into meltdown.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 02 Feb 20 3.18pm Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by berlinpalace

Some of the most pathetic whining I’ve seen on here for a long while. God only knows what you t***s are going to do when things really go tits up? Maybe a warm bath a razor blade and some Amy Winehouse?
We lost a competitive game to a one in thousand goal keeping mistake and had decent chances to score. Get a f***ing grip.

You have received a warning from me regarding the offensive nature of the suicide suggestion in your post, irrespective of whether or not you meant it seriously.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 02 Feb 20 3.20pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

I think 'oustanding' is going a bit far. He has made some very good saves, but yesterday was not the first time he has dropped a straightforward cross and it was only a matter of time before he cost us in that way. If Hennessey had done that, this board would have gone into meltdown.


I say outstanding because thus far in games he’s in contention for player of the Season, along with Cahill and Ayew. Some of his saves have been incredible and his contribution alone has earned us valuable points.

I purposefully avoided any mention of Wayne Hennessey or comparison, as by now it should be blatantly obvious that finally having our Number 1 position sorted with one of the best Goalkeepers in the World brings so many positives that I can forgive him a rare mistake such as a yesterdays.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 02 Feb 20 4.03pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber


I say outstanding because thus far in games he’s in contention for player of the Season, along with Cahill and Ayew. Some of his saves have been incredible and his contribution alone has earned us valuable points.

I purposefully avoided any mention of Wayne Hennessey or comparison, as by now it should be blatantly obvious that finally having our Number 1 position sorted with one of the best Goalkeepers in the World brings so many positives that I can forgive him a rare mistake such as a yesterdays.

A good goalkeeper yes but one of the best in the world? You are having a laugh, he is not even the best keeper in Spain or here.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 02 Feb 20 4.24pm Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

I'm sure I can hear the same old record playing

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 02 Feb 20 4.36pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

A good goalkeeper yes but one of the best in the world? You are having a laugh, he is not even the best keeper in Spain or here.

I think that’s perhaps a bit strong.

There’s clearly no definition of exactly how many players make up the ‘best in the world’ but he’s without doubt our established ‘Number 1’ and one of the best keepers in the Premier League which on current Form is the best in the world (Providing both Champions League finalists and UEFA World Super Cup Winners).

He is exceptionally good and not since Nigel Martyn have I felt so comfortable with our goalkeeper position.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 02 Feb 20 5.03pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

I'm sure I can hear the same old record playing

Something wrong with your ears then.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 02 Feb 20 5.07pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber

I think that’s perhaps a bit strong.

There’s clearly no definition of exactly how many players make up the ‘best in the world’ but he’s without doubt our established ‘Number 1’ and one of the best keepers in the Premier League which on current Form is the best in the world (Providing both Champions League finalists and UEFA World Super Cup Winners).

He is exceptionally good and not since Nigel Martyn have I felt so comfortable with our goalkeeper position.

Ah yes Liverpool who have a superb keeper.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Charles's Profile Charles Flag Forest Hill 02 Feb 20 5.56pm Send a Private Message to Charles Add Charles as a friend

Treated as we were to painfully many replays of the Blades' goal, I came to think too much was made of Guaita's 'error' and not enough of the corner kick itself; face matters it was a blinder. All credit to Norwood who took the kick but the wind played a part too. The ball Guaita fumbled was not the one he went for and I'm not sure how anyone can expect to forecast that kind of effect accurately.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 19 of 20 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace vs Sheffield Utd Match Thread