You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Positives about Relegation
March 30 2020 8.16am

Positives about Relegation

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 14 of 15 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View gambler's Profile gambler Flag Kent 18 Feb 20 8.26pm Send a Private Message to gambler Add gambler as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


Word was when the deal was done it is closer to 40% its just the media has now started to claim it's around 25% but insiders still say it's more.

SP is a idiot

Their is not positives to being relegated the Championship is a very difficult league so you can't even guarantee we would come straight back up.

What about if United wouldnt do the deal without say 40%? Wilf has been so important to us it could still have been a good deal.

I'm not sure it's as simple as SP is an idiot.

 


No one likes me
I don't care

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 19 Feb 20 5.23am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Is Parish really a fool, he brought back Zaha for £3.4m. Zaha arguably has kept us in the Premier, bringing in millions. We will not get the £80m being asked, if he goes for about £45m, less Utds cut could be nett £30m. We would then make a profit of £26m on the deal.

If he added a 40% sell on fee - yup. He's also a fool for pissing his pants when Fergie got in touch in the January of 2013 - he sold our best player, but got him loaned back whilst we were sitting pretty in the top 3/4 of the championship - we then went up into the premier without our star player and didn't replace him. That deal I could never understand. He should have said no, come back in the summer.

So there we are, prem new boys without our star player. Instead of rebuilding, we get him back and heavily rely on him, so much so that we are now a one man team, so much so that we can't move on without him.

He should have been sold in the summer, when he was hot - I can't see a top club coming in - maybe an ambitious club, wolves, Leicester heck even Everton again and they won't go over 50 mil for him.

So all said and done, was it worth it?

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 19 Feb 20 6.38am Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


Word was when the deal was done it is closer to 40% its just the media has now started to claim it's around 25% but insiders still say it's more.

SP is a idiot

Their is not positives to being relegated the Championship is a very difficult league so you can't even guarantee we would come straight back up.

Impressive sourcing you have there, grumpymort.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 19 Feb 20 8.40am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

If he added a 40% sell on fee - yup. He's also a fool for pissing his pants when Fergie got in touch in the January of 2013 - he sold our best player, but got him loaned back whilst we were sitting pretty in the top 3/4 of the championship - we then went up into the premier without our star player and didn't replace him. That deal I could never understand. He should have said no, come back in the summer.

So there we are, prem new boys without our star player. Instead of rebuilding, we get him back and heavily rely on him, so much so that we are now a one man team, so much so that we can't move on without him.

He should have been sold in the summer, when he was hot - I can't see a top club coming in - maybe an ambitious club, wolves, Leicester heck even Everton again and they won't go over 50 mil for him.

So all said and done, was it worth it?

You seem to have a different interpretation of events. He sold Zaha for £15m and loaned him back, a move which got us into the Premier and the financial benefits. He then brought him back at a fifth of the price he sold him for with a sell on percentage, if we make a £25m profit on any sale, plus the £12m on previous sale, itís still good business.
A fool is someone, who thinks they are clever with hindsight.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 19 Feb 20 8.58am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Indeed the moan doesnít make sense. We were losing £5 mil per season so had to sell him soon (and why the Bristol car park chat happened. Make the attempt for promotion while we can. SP and DF started to fall out when the talk of selling Zaha in 3-9 months started), plus he wanted to go to the biggest and most successful club at the time. And Zaha, Bolasie, Murray, Jedinak and Delaney were the main reasons we won promotion. Iím not aware of another championship winger capable of doing what Zaha did and what Freedman had built up the side and formation to do. Adebola? I remember us interested in him. No ta.

Parish is at fault or the reason for a lot of repeating issues heís been caught in a cycle with, but one of the best things heís done is get a song out of Zaha until this season. Whatever happened with that last contract and discussion we donít know but the fact is we didnít receive anything more than a £40 mil or so bid, and heís not even proving that worth. Football on the pitch is part of the reason but not all. The performances as the January window came round were so obviously him trying to not get injured it was an insult to watch)

(Parish has also succeeded in pulling emergency manager rabbits out of the hat, but he is part of that continuing problematic cycle and the problems it brings)

Edited by Rudi Hedman (19 Feb 2020 9.00am)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 19 Feb 20 9.52am Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

If he added a 40% sell on fee - yup. He's also a fool for pissing his pants when Fergie got in touch in the January of 2013 - he sold our best player, but got him loaned back whilst we were sitting pretty in the top 3/4 of the championship - we then went up into the premier without our star player and didn't replace him. That deal I could never understand. He should have said no, come back in the summer.

So there we are, prem new boys without our star player. Instead of rebuilding, we get him back and heavily rely on him, so much so that we are now a one man team, so much so that we can't move on without him.

He should have been sold in the summer, when he was hot - I can't see a top club coming in - maybe an ambitious club, wolves, Leicester heck even Everton again and they won't go over 50 mil for him.

So all said and done, was it worth it?

As a fan of course it was worth it. Zaha at his very best is one of the finest sights I have ever seen in a Palace shirt over the years. Pure class and worth the entrance fee alone. We just haven't seen enough of it this season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Feb 20 10.32am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

As a fan of course it was worth it. Zaha at his very best is one of the finest sights I have ever seen in a Palace shirt over the years. Pure class and worth the entrance fee alone. We just haven't seen enough of it this season.

Last season he only scored 1 of his 10 PL goals at home.
The previous season with Loftus-Cheek and Cabaye in the team 7 of his 9 goals were at home.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 19 Feb 20 12.09pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

You seem to have a different interpretation of events. He sold Zaha for £15m and loaned him back, a move which got us into the Premier and the financial benefits. He then brought him back at a fifth of the price he sold him for with a sell on percentage, if we make a £25m profit on any sale, plus the £12m on previous sale, itís still good business.
A fool is someone, who thinks they are clever with hindsight.


Incorrect again the transfer of Zaha was to rise to around 15m with add ons upfront was more like 10m.

which is why as i stated before we paid back what united paid for him and they now get a big bonus with the sell on fee.

To end up only getting around 25m for him is not great at all and poor business when in this current market we should be getting 40m also look how much resources has been put into him he is highest earner at the club plus hes not really on the pitch been anything special.

We was on the road to being promoted and then Holloway almost screwed it up lucky we ended up winning the playoffs yes Wilf did play a role in the playoffs but we don't know how things would of been without him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 19 Feb 20 1.22pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


Word was when the deal was done it is closer to 40% its just the media has now started to claim it's around 25% but insiders still say it's more.

SP is a idiot

Their is not positives to being relegated the Championship is a very difficult league so you can't even guarantee we would come straight back up.

The irony... SP is a hugely successful businessman.

He has made a few mistakes over years, but ultimately he has taken the club from the brink of extinction to mid table Premier League. We're far better off for having him around.

As several have already explained, for some people, there are some positives

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Feb 20 1.32pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

The irony... SP is a hugely successful businessman.

He has made a few mistakes over years, but ultimately he has taken the club from the brink of extinction to mid table Premier League. We're far better off for having him around.

As several have already explained, for some people, there are some positives

I concur with these sentiments.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 19 Feb 20 2.21pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

The irony... SP is a hugely successful businessman.

He has made a few mistakes over years, but ultimately he has taken the club from the brink of extinction to mid table Premier League. We're far better off for having him around.

As several have already explained, for some people, there are some positives

Indeed, but is he not just a little akin to Holloway as a manager. That is to say, good for a while and then gets out of his depth. In marathon terms, I think he may have hit the wall.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 19 Feb 20 10.06pm Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

If we go down i dont think there will be too many tears from the Premier League and Sky. We are bringing nothing to the league with our turgid tactics and must be a big turn off for TV viewers. Cant remember such a negative Palace team(Peter Taylors possibly) and its pretty depressing

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 14 of 15 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Positives about Relegation