You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus
August 10 2020 8.52am

Coronavirus

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 490 of 524 < 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 >

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Jul 20 10.47am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

That's my feeling as well but people are cancelling as they have been scared.

He sounds like a t***. Iíd go ahead and call him a prick every time I see him in future. And a sad, miserable, lonely, bitter, curtain twitching, snitching, jobs worth tit as well.

His post might go missing quite often.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mezzer's Profile mezzer Flag Main Stand, Block F, Row 20 seat 1... 03 Jul 20 10.55am Send a Private Message to mezzer Add mezzer as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Crazy rules from July 4.

I am trying to organise a one off BBQ for the folk in my block of flats we have a very large back garden so can socially distance. Many have not left their flat in 4 months some have just gone to the supermarket and back.

People will have to bring their own drink, salads and desserts the only thing we will provide is the BBQ meat, gloves and mask for the chef and servers of course.

I may have to cancel it because one curmudgeon has pointed out that we would be breaking the rules as only 2 groups of six people from 2 homes are allowed.

This person never comes to our social functions anyway so this is pure spite.

So from tomorrow I can go to a pub / restaurant / cinema / art gallery / theme park where I risk meeting all sorts of people who may or may not be hygienic. From Monday I can fly to 70 countries and not have to quarantine when I get back.

However I cannot have a BBQ with around 12 people whose personal history I know because this is more than 2 homes.

There is a clause that says you can have up to 30 people for a socially life changing event but it is not defined anywhere what that is. I don't know any households that have 15 people so the presumption is that the 2 household rule doesn't apply.

So I have two choices carry on and risk the backstabber calling the police and then argue the toss as to whether this a life changing event (If you've been stuck in doors for 4 months I say yes)or cancel.

What really gets my goat is the back stabber will be going down the pub everyday if anyone is putting our block at risk it will be them. Men are not the best at hygiene especially in pubs.

Any suggestions most welcome, my neighbours are mostly elderly I am just trying to cheer them up.


Edited by Badger11 (03 Jul 2020 7.49am)

Are the people in your flats like the lot in Rosemary's Baby? If so, barbecue the bloke. No one will snitch and it saves money on ingredients too.

 


Living down here does have some advantages. At least you can see them cry.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Online Flag Kent 03 Jul 20 11.04am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Crazy rules from July 4.

I am trying to organise a one off BBQ for the folk in my block of flats we have a very large back garden so can socially distance. Many have not left their flat in 4 months some have just gone to the supermarket and back.

People will have to bring their own drink, salads and desserts the only thing we will provide is the BBQ meat, gloves and mask for the chef and servers of course.

I may have to cancel it because one curmudgeon has pointed out that we would be breaking the rules as only 2 groups of six people from 2 homes are allowed.

This person never comes to our social functions anyway so this is pure spite.

So from tomorrow I can go to a pub / restaurant / cinema / art gallery / theme park where I risk meeting all sorts of people who may or may not be hygienic. From Monday I can fly to 70 countries and not have to quarantine when I get back.

However I cannot have a BBQ with around 12 people whose personal history I know because this is more than 2 homes.

There is a clause that says you can have up to 30 people for a socially life changing event but it is not defined anywhere what that is. I don't know any households that have 15 people so the presumption is that the 2 household rule doesn't apply.

So I have two choices carry on and risk the backstabber calling the police and then argue the toss as to whether this a life changing event (If you've been stuck in doors for 4 months I say yes)or cancel.

What really gets my goat is the back stabber will be going down the pub everyday if anyone is putting our block at risk it will be them. Men are not the best at hygiene especially in pubs.

Any suggestions most welcome, my neighbours are mostly elderly I am just trying to cheer them up.


Edited by Badger11 (03 Jul 2020 7.49am)

Mate, I'd go ahead a just start bbqing in the shared space. If people so happen to turn up and you share some food that's their choice and so long as you distance it shouldn't be a problem.

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Jul 20 11.07am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

I agree that the only really viable option for the sake of sanity or society is for the working population to carry on, but this is highly contagious, and a not insignificant numbers of under 50s are also hospitalised, it's just that they tend to be the ones who pull through. It would be a disaster for them all to get ill at around the same time because the outcome would be much different. That's exponential growth for you. Stateside messaging that downplays wearing masks, testing, and encourages attending mass rallies - at which a disproportionate number of attendees are in at risk groups - is dangerous and moronic.

How helping yourself and your fellow man stay healthy has become something to get in a rage over, which is what we're seeing with countless angry 'i'll never wear a mask' videos, is rather pitiful

[Link] | [Link] |


We need to be aware that measures such as wearing masks and frequent washing of hands are not some kind of political issue, but instead a sane response to facing a pandemic. Getting on with life does not have to go hand in hand with forgetting that we're experiencing said pandemic. Clearly in some parts of Leicester they thought it did.


Edited by BlueJay (30 Jun 2020 5.59pm)

I keep seeing and hearing exponential growth since the start, because it was used in the government presentations. Youíre using it all the time as well. The virus growth isnít exponential. Itís difficult for me to explain what exponential growth is, but itís a seriously steep curve. In actual fact the R number was falling before the lockdown.

Thereís an awful lot of fear mongering and quite frankly bollox been going around and still is from people I respected before this. The other day I met some friends of family in the park and someone turned up in w decorators mask. I had to advise him it was pointless outside.

Weíve gone from
Protect the NHS, save lives to
Save all lives to
Protect teachers but not lots of other workers to
Save people from having symptoms
But let other people suffer and die now from not Covid but other illnesses or via poverty.

when all we need to do is protect the vulnerable. Because certain things that werenít done to begin with, like banning all incoming airport passengers apart from repatriation and this lockdown isnít and never was a lockdown, Iím afraid the genie is out of the bottle. The only people in an effective lockdown live in the country and manage to never come close to anybody.

On the masks. Theyíre effectively flawed unless everyone is wearing the same kind of mask at the same time and place. Itís no good one person wearing a cloth mask and one wearing an FFP mask. The cloth one stops a lot of particles escaping but doesnít protect the wearer and the FFP mask protects the wearer but letís out the wearerís particles. And as all experts were saying the cloth masks were pretty useless back in March and April, people just arenít buying the rules or advice to wear one. In a lot of respects youíre better off washing your hands more often and before you touch your face, rather than taking off a mask thatís absorbed the virus and not washing your hands for hours. On catching the virus from someoneís particles, I believe you either have to get really close to them or there be something other than normal speaking.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (03 Jul 2020 11.14am)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 03 Jul 20 12.38pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I just had a meeting with my neighbour who is a doctor I was expecting her to be against my BBQ plans but she is all in favour having seen my social distancing plans. Our back garden is the size on one half of a football pitch so we have plenty of room.

Her opinion carries a lot of weight so hopefully this will put an end to the sniping. I appreciate that people are dying so this is trivial in comparison but I am doing this for their mental and social health as they are pensioners they won't be getting drunk and kicking off like this weekend.

On a side note my Doctor friend was saying that the potency of the virus is now decreasing (I'm not sure how) so it is less virulent than it was several months ago which I guess is some form of good news. Anyway if you do get it that plus the improvement in medical treatment means you have a good chance of surviving

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions about the back stabber I shall bear them in mind.

Edited by Badger11 (03 Jul 2020 12.39pm)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Online Flag Kent 03 Jul 20 1.18pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I just had a meeting with my neighbour who is a doctor I was expecting her to be against my BBQ plans but she is all in favour having seen my social distancing plans. Our back garden is the size on one half of a football pitch so we have plenty of room.

Her opinion carries a lot of weight so hopefully this will put an end to the sniping. I appreciate that people are dying so this is trivial in comparison but I am doing this for their mental and social health as they are pensioners they won't be getting drunk and kicking off like this weekend.

On a side note my Doctor friend was saying that the potency of the virus is now decreasing (I'm not sure how) so it is less virulent than it was several months ago which I guess is some form of good news. Anyway if you do get it that plus the improvement in medical treatment means you have a good chance of surviving

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions about the back stabber I shall bear them in mind.

Edited by Badger11 (03 Jul 2020 12.39pm)

Good stuff, let us know how it goes!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Jul 20 1.21pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I just had a meeting with my neighbour who is a doctor I was expecting her to be against my BBQ plans but she is all in favour having seen my social distancing plans. Our back garden is the size on one half of a football pitch so we have plenty of room.

Her opinion carries a lot of weight so hopefully this will put an end to the sniping. I appreciate that people are dying so this is trivial in comparison but I am doing this for their mental and social health as they are pensioners they won't be getting drunk and kicking off like this weekend.

On a side note my Doctor friend was saying that the potency of the virus is now decreasing (I'm not sure how) so it is less virulent than it was several months ago which I guess is some form of good news. Anyway if you do get it that plus the improvement in medical treatment means you have a good chance of surviving

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions about the back stabber I shall bear them in mind.

Edited by Badger11 (03 Jul 2020 12.39pm)

Weíre seeing outbreaks and not a second wave or spike. Deaths are falling. Thereís been no explosion of illness or cases after the protests because they were mainly healthy young people. I said at the time it was good for immunity, which was difficult to say given the vandalism of national heroes and property and the management of police.

Cases from Pillar 2 tests in the community are higher but extremely low.
Cases from Pillar 1 tests in the hospitals are lower but have fallen and are not catastrophic.

Thereís so much positive data and news around but the fear mongering manages to dominate the tv news where the majority get brainwashed.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (03 Jul 2020 1.56pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 03 Jul 20 1.42pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Iíd just go ahead with it Badger, fek him. Sounds like you have done more than enough to risk assess your gardens. Itís not like you will be inviting hundreds of people who donít live there.

Iím presuming everyone is entitled to exercise outside in there own gardens anyway and there is nothing that says you canít do it at the same time.

Always some jerk that wants to complain however.

Agreed. It wont be the police's top priority.

My sisters block of flats have a shared barbeque. Say that the block got the BBQ together and you are only cooking from it to ensure that social distancing is maintained.

If it's all on shared private land then everyone has a right to use that land. If it's not an "organised" event and people just decide to use their shared space then there's not much anyone can say.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Jul 20 2.28pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Jul 20 3.08pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Weíve moved on from the R number.

Itís now 2nd waves, peaks, spikes, cases that produce a very very low death rate, school bubbles, leave your address at the pub door, no singing laughing or talking in the local pub, yeah right. Shielders canít get out because they think if everyone stays in itíll be over sooner and super grass in his flat overlooking a communal barbecue.

Instead of official herd immunity weíre going to do it with envy, bitterness and moral judgement. Gotta love Britain. War spirit my arsenal.

723AB57C-5770-4F4F-9D1F-2FD569DC8137.png Attachment: 723AB57C-5770-4F4F-9D1F-2FD569DC8137.png (136.17Kb)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 03 Jul 20 3.09pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Agreed. It wont be the police's top priority.

My sisters block of flats have a shared barbeque. Say that the block got the BBQ together and you are only cooking from it to ensure that social distancing is maintained.

If it's all on shared private land then everyone has a right to use that land. If it's not an "organised" event and people just decide to use their shared space then there's not much anyone can say.

Offer to luz a sausage up to him. Sounds like a fanny flap anyway.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 03 Jul 20 8.28pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Alright own up who gave out Wisbech Eagles address on social media?

[Link]

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 490 of 524 < 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus