You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus
October 19 2021 10.51pm

Coronavirus

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 956 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 29 Feb 20 10.24am Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

To be honest,I'm not sure I would take advice about anything from you.
Your record for accuracy is rather poor.

Since you are so worried maybe we should close our borders immediately to everyone except vital personnel and supplies and keep it that way for 20 years.

Quite happy being on the opposite side to you grumps.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 29 Feb 20 10.37am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Quite happy being on the opposite side to you grumps.

Fine. I fear you would be useless in the impending Coronazombie apocalypse.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
.TUX. Flag 29 Feb 20 11.58am

Originally posted by Mapletree

The Stock Exchanges say different. Still, what do they know

Throughout the last 14 months the Fed has talked about introducing nuclear QE, negative interest rates, and even buying stocks outright during the next downturn driving the markets up. That's all these markets ''know''.
The next downturn is here and suddenly for some reason, the Fed isn’t saying anything.


 


Buy Litecoin.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 29 Feb 20 12.13pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by serial thriller

When you repeatedly refuse scientific evidence on the basis that it's all a Marxist conspiracy', and manipulate the truth to suit your own agenda brazenly, you get what you deserve when a virus comes to town.

If nothing else, it will be fun seeing Trump squirm over the next few weeks.

The Scientific evidence is flawed though.
Figures they have used arnt accurate.
Science has to have a placebo and it doesnt.
They are comparing apples with oranges.
Science against the majority doesnt have a voice.
And before you say yeh 'majority' science again cannot use majorities, it has to be individual.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
jeeagles Flag 01 Mar 20 1.19pm

I think they should cancel the rest of the premier league season as a precaution.

That would teach Liverpool.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 01 Mar 20 2.47pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

I think they should cancel the rest of the premier league season as a precaution.

That would teach Liverpool.

The FA/EPL are having a 'crisis' meeting tomorrow for this very reason & how they can award loserpool the title. Was on BBC/Sky footie news Friday.

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 01 Mar 20 4.39pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Quite happy being on the opposite side to you grumps.

Yeah, you really showed it to conservative whitey by moving to Essex.

Viva la revolución.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 01 Mar 20 5.01pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

I didn't respond to stirlings comment on page 1 which seemed to suggest that closing the borders will contain the spread of the infection but that is frankly ridiculous.

In the 1300s there was not only next to noone coming in from overseas but people didn't move full stop. You lived in village A you wouldn't know a soul in village B a mile down the road. Yet the plague still managed to wipe out about a 3rd of the population.

These days there is so much movement of people that containment is not only impossible it was probably too late, even if aggressively imposed North Korea style, the moment people became aware of it. Too many carriers already wondering about innocently spreading it.

This bug is much less dangerous than the black death obviously but it has one factor that makes it worse. People can have the bug and carry it for weeks without having a clue.

Closing the borders would be a wholly political move designed to pacify you. Nothing more.

A vaccine and allowing the bug to run its course are the only solutions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 01 Mar 20 5.29pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Seasonal influenza kills around 250-650,000 people every year. This virus is no worse than 'flu' in the way it is transmitted, and kills the same types of people, eg, the elderly, infirm, sick, etc.

Why don't we panic every year?

Edited by Tim Gypsy Hill '64 (01 Mar 2020 5.36pm)

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 01 Mar 20 6.02pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

I didn't respond to stirlings comment on page 1 which seemed to suggest that closing the borders will contain the spread of the infection but that is frankly ridiculous.

In the 1300s there was not only next to noone coming in from overseas but people didn't move full stop. You lived in village A you wouldn't know a soul in village B a mile down the road. Yet the plague still managed to wipe out about a 3rd of the population.

These days there is so much movement of people that containment is not only impossible it was probably too late, even if aggressively imposed North Korea style, the moment people became aware of it. Too many carriers already wondering about innocently spreading it.

This bug is much less dangerous than the black death obviously but it has one factor that makes it worse. People can have the bug and carry it for weeks without having a clue.

Closing the borders would be a wholly political move designed to pacify you. Nothing more.

A vaccine and allowing the bug to run its course are the only solutions.

I'm sorry to have to say this to a poster I have a little time for but....seriously, you need to read things properly before posting.

Firstly, you did actually respond to my post on page one, where you had an opportunity to tackle anything egregious but instead you correctly spoke about hand washing.

However here you just mischaracterise what I actually wrote.....hopefully it's just a mistake.

I didn't talk about 'closing the borders', my post literally doesn't contain those words. I wrote about being 'in control of our borders' and of testing those from known areas....the successful approach to infectious diseases without cures is the same now as it was with the black death...quarantine.

I expressed my annoyance at globalism, not as a denial of it but over how it's dealt with.....this latest warning being just an example. I'm making the obvious point that our border controls should be far stronger and be invested in properly.

As for the Black Death.....this disease was all over Europe and while immigration was low so was its border control....which was literally non existent unless you invaded with an army.

Edited by Stirlingsays (01 Mar 2020 6.26pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 01 Mar 20 7.48pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

This bug is much less dangerous than the black death obviously but it has one factor that makes it worse. People can have the bug and carry it for weeks without having a clue.

.

From where do you get this? I believe it to be misinformation. Read the report of the WHO-China Joint Mission.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 01 Mar 20 7.50pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

Seasonal influenza kills around 250-650,000 people every year. This virus is no worse than 'flu' in the way it is transmitted, and kills the same types of people, eg, the elderly, infirm, sick, etc.

Why don't we panic every year?

Edited by Tim Gypsy Hill '64 (01 Mar 2020 5.36pm)

Because it is feared this will morph.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 956 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus