You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Watford predictions
April 5 2020 4.51pm

Watford predictions

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 01 Mar 20 9.21pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

I agree we are no Harlem globe trotters but the 3 points is all that matters. Brighton are a prime example of a team who give the illusion of being a good side but really they are poxy, same goes for Bournemouth. People believing the hype and saying they have great managers and are easy on the eye but the table doesn’t lie.

Italy never won a World Cup by playing fancy attacking football but they still won world cups.

"Tardelli" !!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 01 Mar 20 10.29pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

I agree we are no Harlem globe trotters but the 3 points is all that matters. Brighton are a prime example of a team who give the illusion of being a good side but really they are poxy, same goes for Bournemouth. People believing the hype and saying they have great managers and are easy on the eye but the table doesn’t lie.

Italy never won a World Cup by playing fancy attacking football but they still won world cups.

And FOUR of them at that!
Also if a team in the prem wants to stay in the prem it has to play to its strengths and that isn't simply a case of the manager's system(s), it's the make up of the squad, and whether we like it or not, the strength of our squad is in its defence capabilities, so let's accept that for the time being and hope for a better balance in seasons to come.
I'm still going for a narrow 2-1 win (but then all our wins seem to be narrow this season!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 02 Mar 20 7.47am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Watford are even more aggressive under Pearson and walk the line at times. He will send them out to bully us and I expect to see a couple of hard challenges on Wilf early doors. We seem to struggle when teams set out to bully us so I'm not confident, especially with Sarr's pace against our ageing back four. We are almost safe now and I wonder if mentally we might just not want it as much as Watford and that could be the difference. 2-0 to Watford.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 02 Mar 20 9.17am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

And FOUR of them at that!
Also if a team in the prem wants to stay in the prem it has to play to its strengths and that isn't simply a case of the manager's system(s), it's the make up of the squad, and whether we like it or not, the strength of our squad is in its defence capabilities, so let's accept that for the time being and hope for a better balance in seasons to come.
I'm still going for a narrow 2-1 win (but then all our wins seem to be narrow this season!



Spot on and in my opinion there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a good defensive side. I’d happily watch Cahill defend all day long. We are basically safe with 10 games to go and if we had of took a few more scoring chances along the way we would be sitting pretty in the European spots.

Brighton missed a couple of sitters the weekend but so did we. Yes they had more possession but that counts for absolutely nothing when we got the 3 points.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dynamicdick's Profile dynamicdick Flag Dormansland 02 Mar 20 1.26pm Send a Private Message to dynamicdick Add dynamicdick as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

"Tardelli" !!!

Marco ….literally!!

 


Bring back Brolin

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 02 Mar 20 2.21pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

My big hope is that they can't manage the transition from a glorious televised home game against Liverpool to a turgid, stop-start encounter at Selhurst.

Like others, my fear is how much more Watford need the win.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 02 Mar 20 2.31pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

My big hope is that they can't manage the transition from a glorious televised home game against Liverpool to a turgid, stop-start encounter at Selhurst.

Like others, my fear is how much more Watford need the win.

Whilst we are in a decent position we are not safe and if we go into games with a complacent attitude we could pay the price for our mindset.We have not secured our place in the PL next season at this juncture.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 02 Mar 20 2.49pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Watford are very inconsistent, I feel a decent win for us and Watford manager getting JimmyMac in a full Boston crab.

3-1

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 02 Mar 20 3.31pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

No sure about the score. 2-1 us hopefully. I just hope the ref is up to scratch because I can see red card infringements given previous games.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Buckspalace's Profile Buckspalace Flag Thornborough 02 Mar 20 3.58pm Send a Private Message to Buckspalace Add Buckspalace as a friend

Dont like Watford several thuggish players in that team think we will be at them 2-1 COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 02 Mar 20 4.27pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

I will stick to my usual predictions of 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1. Hopefully the middle one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 02 Mar 20 8.17pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Watford are even more aggressive under Pearson and walk the line at times. He will send them out to bully us and I expect to see a couple of hard challenges on Wilf early doors. We seem to struggle when teams set out to bully us so I'm not confident, especially with Sarr's pace against our ageing back four. We are almost safe now and I wonder if mentally we might just not want it as much as Watford and that could be the difference. 2-0 to Watford.

I think this is a very plausible prediction and am a inclined to agree.

A positive spin however is that I feel this way about most matches yet still we manage results. Delofeou is out which for me is a big plus I rate him highly and hate playing against him, we should have some confidence from last two and perhaps Watford played their cup final, if you will, against Liverpool and may have a hangover from that?

In any case, COYP

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Watford predictions