You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)
December 7 2022 1.11am

BBC (again)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 179 of 184 < 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View mezzer's Profile mezzer Flag Main Stand, Block F, Row 20 seat 1... 09 Nov 22 11.17am Send a Private Message to mezzer Add mezzer as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

To us maybe, but not to the millions glued to soap operas each evening.

I'm starting a movement called Just Stop Soap.

I'm going to be glued to my TV for the foreseeable.

 


Living down here does have some advantages. At least you can see them cry.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Nov 22 11.47am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I accept, on reflection, that was a silly thing to say.

I did though get under the skin of several regulars there and cause the moderators to have to intervene to get them to calm down. I wasn't though alone. It was largely pro-choice v "pro-life" exchanges that caused it, for which some have a black and white viewpoint and simply cannot see the opposing viewpoint, rather than just disagree with it. The paper didn't have the resources to manage it, so closed down the section.

While obviously I'll never agree with your approaches you write a reasonable and reflective post.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Nov 22 11.54am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Could you enlighten us on how the Jewish community would view this issue, you seem to have an inside track. Or perhaps the Catholics who must tremble when you put pen to paper.

No. I just have an interest as one of my grandmothers was Jewish and my wife is a Catholic. My observation was much more about the way religious organisations can be over sensitive than any particular criticism.

My original participation on the Catholic Herald forums, and indeed in me attending their Church gatherings, was to try to understand the thinking, because of my wife's faith. There were many polite, sensible and interesting conversations but there were also some whose minds were locked shut.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Nov 22 11.57am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Nobody expects the Wisbech Inquisition.

I force them to eat pasties and cream teas until they burst!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Nov 22 11.59am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Rather like some on here and Trump then.

Does Trump have a viewpoint?

It seems to me that he just says the first thing that comes into his mind which suits the moment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Nov 22 12.01pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Not a day passes without my attending the local park to perform pastoral dances in celebration of the fact.

Can you post a video?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Nov 22 12.53pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I force them to eat pasties and cream teas until they burst!

Hope my missus doesn't come under suspicion or the cream tea production line will be under severe pressure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 09 Nov 22 12.58pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Can you post a video?

They're already the bedrock upon which TikTok was built but I over-egged the pudding and posted too many.
Currently ranking between Troy Deeney's guides to sportsmanship and Alan Mullery's management advice clips.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nobody's Profile nobody Flag sussex 18 Nov 22 10.15am Send a Private Message to nobody Add nobody as a friend

I think that the Beeb should take that Chris Mason of air.

His negative one sided approach to the budget and other comments during the week were pure bias .

I do not support any particular party before one side or the or the other accuse me of any bias myself

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 18 Nov 22 5.20pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by nobody

I think that the Beeb should take that Chris Mason of air.

His negative one sided approach to the budget and other comments during the week were pure bias .

I do not support any particular party before one side or the or the other accuse me of any bias myself

But your namesake can proper have a ruck though, great movie

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 23 Nov 22 10.02am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

I stupidly watched some of the BBC Breakfast news this morning - silly me!
They were running a piece on the forthcoming rail strike action and cut to Manchester to ask commuters what their views were.
Interviewee 1 - late 20's male who wholeheartedly agreed with the strike and said that they should get what they wanted and the whole mess is down to the Tory Government and no one else.
Interviewee 2 - a middle aged man not happy about the strikes but wholeheartedly agreed that the government should sort it out and pay them whatever they wanted to get strikes cancelled.
Interviewee 3 - middle aged lady who wasn't happy about the strikes but was very sympathetic in favour of the strikers.
So, there you have it - in a small poll carried out by the BBC, 100% of the people were in favour of the rail strikers getting paid whatever it is that they want and that the Government is to blame.
What a bunch of t***s.
DEFUND THE BBC!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 23 Nov 22 10.23am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I stupidly watched some of the BBC Breakfast news this morning - silly me!
They were running a piece on the forthcoming rail strike action and cut to Manchester to ask commuters what their views were.
Interviewee 1 - late 20's male who wholeheartedly agreed with the strike and said that they should get what they wanted and the whole mess is down to the Tory Government and no one else.
Interviewee 2 - a middle aged man not happy about the strikes but wholeheartedly agreed that the government should sort it out and pay them whatever they wanted to get strikes cancelled.
Interviewee 3 - middle aged lady who wasn't happy about the strikes but was very sympathetic in favour of the strikers.
So, there you have it - in a small poll carried out by the BBC, 100% of the people were in favour of the rail strikers getting paid whatever it is that they want and that the Government is to blame.
What a bunch of t***s.
DEFUND THE BBC!

It was the North

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 179 of 184 < 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)