You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)
September 22 2023 1.52am

BBC (again)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 327 of 330 < 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 17 Sep 23 7.50pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

in the case of Elvis Presley....all those women threw themselves at him.

There are shocking stories about some of the Beatles, in their early days.....again, seemingly consensual.

are women attracted to wealthy/famous blokes like flies to a UV light ?

no smoke without fire......i reckon Brand is not somebody i could warm to. Is he a Psychopath ?

Let's be clear. No stories have ever surfaced about Elvis, The Beatles or indeed the Stones of the kind now being suggested about Brand.

I am quite sure other mega stars have indulged in a wild hedonistic life styles, often involving consensual sex with many women. If though that ever went beyond that to the non consensual behaviour being suggested that Brand was responsible for I am sure it would have also been investigated by someone and exposed.

Bringing down the rich and famous is something that the media enjoy. Especially those with previously lilly white reputations.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 17 Sep 23 7.57pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

best not mention all the pakistani rape-gangs then ? Lest you get accused of being a racist ?

I don't follow your logic!

The law doesn't care about the ethnicity or religion of any rape gang member?

The only thing that matters is what they have done.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 17 Sep 23 8.03pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Once again no-one is questioning anything done legally, even if it is widely condemned as irresponsible and distasteful.

What is at issue here is unlawful behaviour. Rape amongst others. The accounts of the women sound authentic, whilst Brand's defence does not.

For sure a trial in a court is where such things need to be resolved but bringing this to that stage may not happen without this exposure being aired first. I expect it to come to court but should it not then will be the time to review any trial by TV.

Any women, who feels alone and isolated in her abuse is going to feel empowered and reassured by the knowledge that others share her situation. I will not be surprised if others now come forward.

But by doing so, it ensures that any future trial that might take place could be compromised. Brand could quite reasonably claim that it would not be fair, given the prejudice created by the programme.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 17 Sep 23 8.45pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

But by doing so, it ensures that any future trial that might take place could be compromised. Brand could quite reasonably claim that it would not be fair, given the prejudice created by the programme.

It might make jury selection lengthy and tedious but not impossible. The Courts are well used to this kind of difficulty but always find a way around it. Jurors are put to strict test to ensure objectivity and that they disregard any previous assumptions.

Brand's lawyers would doubtless question and object to many but eventually it would go ahead.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 17 Sep 23 8.52pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It might make jury selection lengthy and tedious but not impossible. The Courts are well used to this kind of difficulty but always find a way around it. Jurors are put to strict test to ensure objectivity and that they disregard any previous assumptions.

Brand's lawyers would doubtless question and object to many but eventually it would go ahead.

Let's wait and see if any of this stuff is prosecutable before you get all Witch Finder General on it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 17 Sep 23 10.07pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Let's be clear. No stories have ever surfaced about Elvis, The Beatles or indeed the Stones of the kind now being suggested about Brand.

I am quite sure other mega stars have indulged in a wild hedonistic life styles, often involving consensual sex with many women. If though that ever went beyond that to the non consensual behaviour being suggested that Brand was responsible for I am sure it would have also been investigated by someone and exposed.

Bringing down the rich and famous is something that the media enjoy. Especially those with previously lilly white reputations.

What apart from Elvis and Bill Wyman having 'close relationships' with under-age girls?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Sep 23 11.21pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

What apart from Elvis and Bill Wyman having 'close relationships' with under-age girls?

Yep, and having been a Beatles nut it's common knowledge by anyone interested in their history that hookers and the many groupies were provided for them and their entourage during all their tours....Ringo wasn't only banging his drums....Girls of all ages threw themselves at them.

It was the done thing with all major acts of the day.

Until Lennon started to get political intelligence services didn't give a damn.

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Sep 2023 11.26pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 17 Sep 23 11.53pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

What apart from Elvis and Bill Wyman having 'close relationships' with under-age girls?

Not that I heard or that ever produced the kind of accusations now being made about Brand. Consensual sex with an underage girl is still a criminal act but one that is probably easier to defend if their age is borderline and they lied about it.

Perhaps they happened but didnít reach widespread attention. I donít discount that possibility anymore than they were just tittle tattle. Here we have very specific allegations from several sources.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (17 Sep 2023 11.58pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 18 Sep 23 12.26am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Not that I heard or that ever produced the kind of accusations now being made about Brand. Consensual sex with an underage girl is still a criminal act but one that is probably easier to defend if their age is borderline and they lied about it.

Perhaps they happened but didnít reach widespread attention. I donít discount that possibility anymore than they were just tittle tattle. Here we have very specific allegations from several sources.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (17 Sep 2023 11.58pm)

Really? Never heard of Mandy Smith or Priscilla Presley? One was 13 and the other 14. No allegations. Recorded fact.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 18 Sep 23 7.43am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

What apart from Elvis and Bill Wyman having 'close relationships' with under-age girls?

Led Zepplin and David Bowie were others all a matter of public record and never refuted by the accused.

Actually with all the #MeToo it's a wonder that most pop stars of the sixties and seventies aren't in jail.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 18 Sep 23 8.34am Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Not that I heard or that ever produced the kind of accusations now being made about Brand. Consensual sex with an underage girl is still a criminal act but one that is probably easier to defend if their age is borderline and they lied about it.

Perhaps they happened but didnít reach widespread attention. I donít discount that possibility anymore than they were just tittle tattle. Here we have very specific allegations from several sources.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (17 Sep 2023 11.58pm)

Mandy Smith has stated that she had sex with Wyman when she was 14.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The groover's Profile The groover Flag Danbury 18 Sep 23 9.39am Send a Private Message to The groover Add The groover as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Yep, and having been a Beatles nut it's common knowledge by anyone interested in their history that hookers and the many groupies were provided for them and their entourage during all their tours....Ringo wasn't only banging his drums....Girls of all ages threw themselves at them.

It was the done thing with all major acts of the day.

Until Lennon started to get political intelligence services didn't give a damn.

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Sep 2023 11.26pm)

There's a massive difference between girls throwing themselves at celebs and what Brand has done.

I watched the TV show and there was a section where a recorded chat with Saville was played where Brand offers to send his young assistant to him. Very uncomfortable. He was forcing himself on young girls.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 327 of 330 < 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)