You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sir Keir Starmer
May 10 2021 5.20am

Sir Keir Starmer

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 42 of 47 < 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 >

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 May 21 12.03pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

Sir Keir's infantile antics making him look a pri#k highlighted:


[Link]

Agreed. It's fair enough to highlight the issue and demand an inquiry but that stunt in John Lewis backfired it seems trivial to the issues that face this country and makes Johnson look statesmanlike.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 01 May 21 3.11pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Polling out that suggests the Conservatives will make a gain of 90+ seats from Labour in Thursday's local council elections along with winning Hartlepool.

Not sure Starmer can survive if this proves correct.

Still suspect they will hang on in Hartlepool and that should save his job but lose it all bets are off.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 01 May 21 3.29pm Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

Sir Keir's infantile antics making him look a pri#k highlighted:


[Link]

Not necessarily Starmer's fault ... he is continually poorly advised by his legions of young, life inexperienced, university educated, know it all, to$$ers. Aside from that ...the man has no brain and we need to respect the mentally challenged.

Incidentally, how did he acquire a knighthood ... did he kill a dragon or something?

Edited by Henry of Peckham (01 May 2021 3.33pm)

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 01 May 21 4.18pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Starmer is actually highly intelligent and was the DPP.
Knighthood are commonplace now so ignore that.
I agree on him being poorly advised by the Woke brigade but he should no better.
His problem is that he is not a leader in any way, shape or form and he doesn't appear to be a man who people will follow.
Shame for Labour but good for the rest of us!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 01 May 21 6.49pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

Starmer is actually highly intelligent...

Is he? He was the primary driving force behind Labours INSANE second referendum policy.

Now if he genuinely believed it would win them an election, in face of an entire range of facts pointing to the contrary, then he literally a moron. Thick as pig s*** dumb.

Or, if he pushed it deliberately knowing it would cost Labour the election and help position him to take over then it makes him bloody treacherous. Not sure if that counts as 'highly intelligent.' Certainly cunning.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 01 May 21 8.54pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Is he? He was the primary driving force behind Labours INSANE second referendum policy.

Now if he genuinely believed it would win them an election, in face of an entire range of facts pointing to the contrary, then he literally a moron. Thick as pig s*** dumb.

Or, if he pushed it deliberately knowing it would cost Labour the election and help position him to take over then it makes him bloody treacherous. Not sure if that counts as 'highly intelligent.' Certainly cunning.

Labour's approach in the 2019 GE was very far from insane. The problem wasn't the policy it was the lack of enthusiasm for it from their worst ever leader. Corbyn lost that election well before it was ever finally called.

Offering the people a final say after a renegotiation would have forced a better deal out of the EU. If that was then rejected by the people after 4 years of rethinking then what where is the downside? We either got a better deal and a confirmation that the people genuinely wanted out, which would have laid to rest much of the dissatisfaction with the process, or we learned that even on better terms the people had reflected and changed their minds.

Only the insane reject such a concept.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 01 May 21 9.01pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Labour's approach in the 2019 GE was very far from insane. The problem wasn't the policy it was the lack of enthusiasm for it from their worst ever leader. Corbyn lost that election well before it was ever finally called.

Offering the people a final say after a renegotiation would have forced a better deal out of the EU. If that was then rejected by the people after 4 years of rethinking then what where is the downside? We either got a better deal and a confirmation that the people genuinely wanted out, which would have laid to rest much of the dissatisfaction with the process, or we learned that even on better terms the people had reflected and changed their minds.

Only the insane reject such a concept.

But renegotiation would have been a back door back in to the EU. The eu wouldn't have offered anything unless it had a catch which would be just that. Come back and let's talk. Then the UK would have been well and truly shafted alongside major domestic issues. Do you honestly think a second vote would have been be fair? Many remainers have changed their view and are now content with brexit considering how well being outside has worked during the pandemic. For that alone brexit was worth it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 01 May 21 9.28pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Labour's approach in the 2019 GE was very far from insane. The problem wasn't the policy it was the lack of enthusiasm for it from their worst ever leader. Corbyn lost that election well before it was ever finally called.

LOL. An 80 seat majority is all the proof you need to show how utterly insane it was. And if not for the Brexit Party saving Labour's arse in numerous other seats, it would have been even worse.

The constituency breakdown in England and Wales of the 2016 Brexit vote was 73-27 in favour of leaving. The very battleground that Labour needed to win if it stood a hope of forming the next Government.

Starmer broke with agreed Shadow Cabinet policy at the 2018 Labour Party Conference. He personally drove the drive for Labour to adopt not only a second referendum policy but also a beyond ludicrous promise that the leave deal they would negotiate would be one they would not be backing.

Either sheer lunacy or else a deliberate attempt to sabotage Corybn from standing a chance of building on what he achieved in 2017.

But you know all that.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 01 May 21 9.50pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

But renegotiation would have been a back door back in to the EU. The eu wouldn't have offered anything unless it had a catch which would be just that. Come back and let's talk. Then the UK would have been well and truly shafted alongside major domestic issues. Do you honestly think a second vote would have been be fair? Many remainers have changed their view and are now content with brexit considering how well being outside has worked during the pandemic. For that alone brexit was worth it.

Of course a second vote would have been fair! What a ridiculous notion that it might not be. After all that had happened during the original campaigns and the hugely enhanced knowledge that the voters had acquired it wasn't just fair, it was essential. Only those fearful their prize might be snatched away would resist it.

We didn't know about the pandemic at the time so that was not part of the scenario. In the event it might have forced a delay, but that would have been an unforeseen consequence.

I know of no-one at all who favoured remaining who has changed their mind. Quite the reverse. There are many very disillusioned fishermen and other exporters who believe we have been sold down the river. Just as I always have.

Of course people are pleased with our Covid handling but that's attributed not to Brexit but to the NHS. The unedifying scrambling of the EU created some bad PR but hasn't undermined the over-riding principles involved.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 01 May 21 10.16pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

LOL. An 80 seat majority is all the proof you need to show how utterly insane it was. And if not for the Brexit Party saving Labour's arse in numerous other seats, it would have been even worse.

The constituency breakdown in England and Wales of the 2016 Brexit vote was 73-27 in favour of leaving. The very battleground that Labour needed to win if it stood a hope of forming the next Government.

Starmer broke with agreed Shadow Cabinet policy at the 2018 Labour Party Conference. He personally drove the drive for Labour to adopt not only a second referendum policy but also a beyond ludicrous promise that the leave deal they would negotiate would be one they would not be backing.

Either sheer lunacy or else a deliberate attempt to sabotage Corybn from standing a chance of building on what he achieved in 2017.

But you know all that.

The 80 seat majority was all down to Corbyn and the stupidity of Momentum combined with Brexit weariness. "Get Brexit Done" was a great buy line, but selling our future ought never be allowed to happen.

Whilst getting rid of Corbyn was as important to our ability to oppose right wing politics effectively as getting rid of Trump was in the USA that ought to have happened prior to the 2019 election. Had that happened everything would have been different.

This country would never vote into power a party led by a Marxist. That's the reality.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 May 21 10.32pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Labour's approach in the 2019 GE was very far from insane. The problem wasn't the policy it was the lack of enthusiasm for it from their worst ever leader. Corbyn lost that election well before it was ever finally called.

Offering the people a final say after a renegotiation would have forced a better deal out of the EU. If that was then rejected by the people after 4 years of rethinking then what where is the downside? We either got a better deal and a confirmation that the people genuinely wanted out, which would have laid to rest much of the dissatisfaction with the process, or we learned that even on better terms the people had reflected and changed their minds.

Only the insane reject such a concept.

Well take me off to the loony bin then.

You do not get a better deal out of the EU by saying we might stay after all, it weakens your hand. The EU had plenty of opportunity to offer us a really good deal to remain before and after the referendum.

They could have said look if you stay we can give you.... faced with that Mrs May probaly would have have called a 2nd referendum and overturned the first.
Certainly the Remainers in Parliament would have forced the issue.

However they offered nothing to Cameron and nothing to May so Boris really had no choice but to bring the matter to the conclusion that we are in which incidentally and despite what you say was the will of the people.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 02 May 21 12.16am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Well take me off to the loony bin then.

You do not get a better deal out of the EU by saying we might stay after all, it weakens your hand. The EU had plenty of opportunity to offer us a really good deal to remain before and after the referendum.

They could have said look if you stay we can give you.... faced with that Mrs May probaly would have have called a 2nd referendum and overturned the first.
Certainly the Remainers in Parliament would have forced the issue.

However they offered nothing to Cameron and nothing to May so Boris really had no choice but to bring the matter to the conclusion that we are in which incidentally and despite what you say was the will of the people.

We had better not start another Brexit was the "will of the people" debate or we will see this thread diverted. You know as well as I do that I, and people like me, disagree with the whole idea of such important decisions being subject to the political winds of fortune and shenanigans in a parliamentary democracy. I expect our professional elected representatives to do their job and decide on our behalf what is best for the country as a whole,

If the EU had of been asked to help secure a yes vote again, having seen what happened when they failed to do enough for Cameron, then we would certainly have got better terms for staying in, which would have been tied, by us, to some of them being in place whatever the outcome. That's down to good negotiating.

Brexit was a pigs breakfast from start to finish which we will still be eating 20 years or more from now.

Never in my lifetime have so many foolish decisions be taken in sequence. Now everyone can see for themselves what many of us realised from the start, that Johnson is nothing more than an opportunist who would support any cause if he thought it would benefit him personally.

These are sad times for us all. The only redemption is that the government has followed the advice of the professionals on covid.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 42 of 47 < 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Sir Keir Starmer