You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Premier owners
June 5 2020 10.59am

Premier owners

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 16 Apr 20 10.25pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

I see Josh Harris is right up there in the top 10 with a net worth of £3.5 billion. Why the hell is he not leading us to the top with some meaty cash injection?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 16 Apr 20 10.36pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

Rich people tend to get rich and stay rich by not pouring money into a money pit.

He is getting his pound of flesh out of the club and that is one of the many reasons why we are financially up the creek.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 17 Apr 20 5.41am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by orpingtoneagle


He is getting his pound of flesh out of the club

How do you know?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 17 Apr 20 7.00am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by orpingtoneagle

Rich people tend to get rich and stay rich by not pouring money into a money pit.

He is getting his pound of flesh out of the club and that is one of the many reasons why we are financially up the creek.

TBF not sure there is any evidence to suggest he is taking money from the club, but I may be wrong. Why he invested initially is another question.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View aashman12's Profile aashman12 Flag 17 Apr 20 8.56am Send a Private Message to aashman12 Add aashman12 as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

I see Josh Harris is right up there in the top 10 with a net worth of £3.5 billion. Why the hell is he not leading us to the top with some meaty cash injection?

Even if he wanted to,he couldn't unless our income was massively improved, ffp would rip us apart.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 17 Apr 20 9.16am Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by aashman12

Even if he wanted to,he couldn't unless our income was massively improved, ffp would rip us apart.

The Penguin at Brighton manages it by cooking the books 'til they're smoking. £300m and counting and they run at a loss most of the time.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley 17 Apr 20 9.19am Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

TBF not sure there is any evidence to suggest he is taking money from the club, but I may be wrong. Why he invested initially is another question.

So if Josh Harris has no intention of putting money into the club and doesn’t seek to take money out apart from getting his money back, what was his prime objective and motive.

Surely these questions need to be answered, or am I being obtuse here?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 17 Apr 20 11.02am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

The Penguin at Brighton manages it by cooking the books 'til they're smoking. £300m and counting and they run at a loss most of the time.

But he cooks them the right way!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 17 Apr 20 11.02am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Gary St.Andrews

So if Josh Harris has no intention of putting money into the club and doesn’t seek to take money out apart from getting his money back, what was his prime objective and motive.

Surely these questions need to be answered, or am I being obtuse here?

That was the point I was trying to make

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 17 Apr 20 1.00pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Gary St.Andrews


So if Josh Harris has no intention of putting money into the club and doesn’t seek to take money out apart from getting his money back, what was his prime objective and motive.

Surely these questions need to be answered, or am I being obtuse here?

Actually they don't as shareholders in a football club don't have any responsibility to answer questions about their investment although it would be nice if they did

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Aray's Profile Aray Flag London 17 Apr 20 1.17pm Send a Private Message to Aray Add Aray as a friend

An interesting topic and welcome distraction from wfh. I guess this is prompted by the Saudi takeover of the Toon. Does any other Palace fan feel grateful we are not majority owned by a sadistic, misogonistic, theocracy? Harris can keep his additional dosh - he's not a benefactor but a business man. Unless you find one with very, very deep pockets you're skating on thin ice. Personally I want the club to be run as a business by decent people. The yanks (who are minority shareholders) maybe private equity types, so hardly pristine but far better than some of the alternatives in my view.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 17 Apr 20 2.27pm Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

But he cooks them the right way!

Doesn't he just?

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Premier owners