You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Glasgow stabbing attack
July 14 2020 9.39pm

Glasgow stabbing attack

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

 

View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 28 Jun 20 8.10am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

The attacker had apparently been in the UK for six months already. Does anyone know what it costs the taxpayer to process an asylum application, mention was made of a lawyer and an asylum liason officer.

I am sure there would be outrage if the true cost and actual number of returned people after failed applications was revealed.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Online Flag 28 Jun 20 8.27am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

My understanding and I am more than happy to be corrected here, is that the person in question had already agreed to be sent back home but the process had been delayed by the Corona crisis.

I am usually the first to roll my eyes when it comes to the almost pavlovian Left wing response to any attack that might be deemed to have an Islamic element to it start pushing claims of 'mental health issues' but we also need to be careful of falling into a similar contrarian mindset ourselves.

This particular incident may well be a case of somebody losing the plot big time rather than anything else. Yes, you can ask wider questions about the wisdom of allowing large amounts of single men to be kept sealed up in pokey hotel rooms for months on end but we might actually be looking at a genuine mental illness tragedy here.

What I find interesting is that because this was up in Scotland, with the police force directly under the jurisdiction of the kindly and benevolent SNP rather than the beastly and fascist Tories, why we have not seen questions asked yet about the police over-reacting here, especially since a black man has been shot dead.

Does his life not matter?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 28 Jun 20 10.42am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

I am interested in the actual facts of cost and return policy action.

There are many human aspects but my question is purely practical and I think the public has a right to know.

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 28 Jun 20 11.18am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

And anyway, Islamic terrorism and mental illness are not necessarily mutually exclusive. You can have both in the one person....no difficulty there at all.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 28 Jun 20 11.20am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

I am interested in the actual facts of cost and return policy action.

There are many human aspects but my question is purely practical and I think the public has a right to know.

It must take years and costs thousands in lawyers fees which is why the best solution is to vet people before they come here and not let in the bad ones.

Th Remainers used to argue that we could stop citizens from the EU arriving here, actually we can deport them after 3 months if they didn't have a job. First you have to find them and then deportation is not automatic.

Stop them coming is the answer and in the case of genuine refugees vet them and take them from the camps in the Middle East.

Edited by Badger11 (28 Jun 2020 11.21am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 28 Jun 20 11.23am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

The attacker had apparently been in the UK for six months already. Does anyone know what it costs the taxpayer to process an asylum application, mention was made of a lawyer and an asylum liason officer.

I am sure there would be outrage if the true cost and actual number of returned people after failed applications was revealed.

It would be nigh on impossible to establish exactly how much this costs. Basically the following would have to be costed:
Initial BF action, including all paperwork, initial interview and arranging accommodation:
Transport to accommodation (not always necessary):
Time spent by local authorities/social services finding accommodation:
Cost of accommodation, all utilities paid for, food vouchers etc:
HO staff time includes further interview and processing ( can take years, due to legal challenges against decision/removal):
Legal representation:
If children involved, cost of education. English classes given to adults:
All medical care
In essence each case costs a lot but impossible to put a cost on individual cases
Not very clear/helpful but best I can do

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 28 Jun 20 11.34am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

It must take years and costs thousands in lawyers fees which is why the best solution is to vet people before they come here and not let in the bad ones.

Th Remainers used to argue that we could stop citizens from the EU arriving here, actually we can deport them after 3 months if they didn't have a job. First you have to find them and then deportation is not automatic.

Stop them coming is the answer and in the case of genuine refugees vet them and take them from the camps in the Middle East.

Edited by Badger11 (28 Jun 2020 11.21am)

To say we could deport EU nationals after 3 months is total b****cks. You can only remove EU nationals under 3 categories; Public Health, Public Security and Public Policy. Not having a job does not come under any of these. Together with the fact that, on arrival, no address is taken. I agree we should only take refugees from official camps when an element of vetting can take place.
Unfortunately stopping them arriving is nigh on impossible, it is mega money making exercise for people smugglers. With regard to the Cross- Channel arrivals, you need assistance from the French... enough said. Even before Brexit they made no attempt to stop this, so much for EU co-operation

Edited by Spiderman (28 Jun 2020 12.19pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 28 Jun 20 11.41am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

To say we could deport EU nationals after 3 months is total b****cks. You can only remove EU nationals under 3 categories; Public Health, Public Security and Public Policy. Not having a job does not come under of these. Together with the fact that, on arrival, no address is taken. I agree we should only take refugees from official camps when an element of vetting can take place.
Unfortunately stopping them arriving is nigh on impossible, it is mega money making exercise for people smugglers. With regard to the Cross- Channel arrivals, you need assistance from the French... enough said. Even before Brexit they made no attempt to stop this, so much for EU co-operation

Cant a ship be moored of the coast as until they land it would be maritime law. Process and then decide turn left or right at the bottom of the ladder.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 28 Jun 20 12.11pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Cant a ship be moored of the coast as until they land it would be maritime law. Process and then decide turn left or right at the bottom of the ladder.

If only! Once in British waters and rescued by British ship, bingo! We have arrived in the intolerant/racist U.K.
Many years ago, the HO used a ferry to house asylum claimants as you have suggested. I believe it was moored off Dover ( May be wrong). However it cast adrift and the PC/HR brigade went into overdrive meltdown and it was never used again

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 28 Jun 20 12.18pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

It would be nigh on impossible to establish exactly how much this costs. Basically the following would have to be costed:
Initial BF action, including all paperwork, initial interview and arranging accommodation:
Transport to accommodation (not always necessary):
Time spent by local authorities/social services finding accommodation:
Cost of accommodation, all utilities paid for, food vouchers etc:
HO staff time includes further interview and processing ( can take years, due to legal challenges against decision/removal):
Legal representation:
If children involved, cost of education. English classes given to adults:
All medical care
In essence each case costs a lot but impossible to put a cost on individual cases
Not very clear/helpful but best I can do

This may help


[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 28 Jun 20 12.53pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

To say we could deport EU nationals after 3 months is total b****cks. You can only remove EU nationals under 3 categories; Public Health, Public Security and Public Policy. Not having a job does not come under any of these. Together with the fact that, on arrival, no address is taken. I agree we should only take refugees from official camps when an element of vetting can take place.
Unfortunately stopping them arriving is nigh on impossible, it is mega money making exercise for people smugglers. With regard to the Cross- Channel arrivals, you need assistance from the French... enough said. Even before Brexit they made no attempt to stop this, so much for EU co-operation

Edited by Spiderman (28 Jun 2020 12.19pm)

My mistake according to the BBC it's six months

[Link]

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 28 Jun 20 1.41pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Another story completely downplayed by the media. The man has just been named as Badreddin Abadlla Adam yet it's buried on the BBC website... Three (negative) stories from the US are deemed more important.

 


New Palace fan site Screaming Alice [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Glasgow stabbing attack