You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Connor Gallagher (rumour)
April 13 2021 6.36am

Connor Gallagher (rumour)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 31 Aug 20 9.54am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Very disappointing for me. A 20 year old who will be developed for Chelsea and then even if he has a good season we wonít see him again.

Also think we can aim a little higher with our loan slots. Clearly the club donít think our youngsters are good enough, in which point why did we extend their deals last year we should have just got rid. Also why didnít Kirby, Flanagan etc get loan moves away. We have completely stagnated their development.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pompeyeagle's Profile pompeyeagle Flag Relocated to Shropshire 31 Aug 20 9.55am Send a Private Message to pompeyeagle Add pompeyeagle as a friend

Good news if itís true but surely Chelsea would want him to get as much game time as possible as in at a Championship club whereas with us his opportunities would be limited.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View AERO's Profile AERO Flag 31 Aug 20 9.58am Send a Private Message to AERO Add AERO as a friend

Tend to agree would rather have a option to buy .But at least with loans we don't get stuck with another Benteke ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cpfc1861's Profile Cpfc1861 Flag dagenham 31 Aug 20 10.07am Send a Private Message to Cpfc1861 Add Cpfc1861 as a friend

Originally posted by pompeyeagle

Good news if itís true but surely Chelsea would want him to get as much game time as possible as in at a Championship club whereas with us his opportunities would be limited.

His opportunities wont be limited he is class.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 31 Aug 20 10.07am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by coulsdoneagle

Very disappointing for me. A 20 year old who will be developed for Chelsea and then even if he has a good season we wonít see him again.

Also think we can aim a little higher with our loan slots. Clearly the club donít think our youngsters are good enough, in which point why did we extend their deals last year we should have just got rid. Also why didnít Kirby, Flanagan etc get loan moves away. We have completely stagnated their development.

I think there a couple of issues last season. One, which was stated by Bright in his commentary for the Charlton game, is that one or two of the younger players like Pierrick stated they wanted to stay at Palace and train with the first-team rather than go on loan to a lower league. Secondly, our squad was so small last season we actually needed the youngsters at various points to make up the bench. I will say though that if CG signs then surely we have to be selling or loaning one of our first-team midfielders? Neither Luka or Meyer appeared for Charlton, so does anyone know if one of them is off? Obviously there are the McCarthy rumours too. Of the three I think Meyer has offered the least while also carrying the biggest wage.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 31 Aug 20 10.15am Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Meyers wife had a baby dont know whats happened to Luka though

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 31 Aug 20 10.17am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

Meyers wife had a baby dont know whats happened to Luka though

Heard that Luka was the Doula

Edited by coulsdoneagle (31 Aug 2020 10.19am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View fish mitten's Profile fish mitten Flag Chelmsford 31 Aug 20 10.30am Send a Private Message to fish mitten Add fish mitten as a friend

Thinking about Luka, Meyer and Guaita. All of them are likely to have gone back to their home countries over the break period. Are they having to self isolate for further 14 days, before they can resume training/playing?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 31 Aug 20 10.55am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Very disappointed that yet again we have to babysit a Chelsea player. I donít really care if he is good. If he slots into our team and it works well with no option to buy we have once again shot ourselves in the foot having to fill that hole the following season. The better he plays the less likely we are to be able to buy him and if he is rubbish we wonít want to buy him!

The only thing I would add is that RLC and Bats did well for us but still do not feature regularly in the Chelsea first team and having bought new players again, continue to be unlikely to. Of the two, I would prefer to have RLC back and would buy him In a heartbeat. He single handedly transformed our midfield.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 31 Aug 20 11.01am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by fish mitten

Thinking about Luka, Meyer and Guaita. All of them are likely to have gone back to their home countries over the break period. Are they having to self isolate for further 14 days, before they can resume training/playing?

No, Vincente trained with the squad last week. He was also present at the media day. Probably just picked up a knock. Pretty sure Luka was in the training welcome back video as well.

Edited by coulsdoneagle (31 Aug 2020 11.02am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View coulsdoneagle's Profile coulsdoneagle Flag London 31 Aug 20 11.05am Send a Private Message to coulsdoneagle Add coulsdoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Very disappointed that yet again we have to babysit a Chelsea player. I donít really care if he is good. If he slots into our team and it works well with no option to buy we have once again shot ourselves in the foot having to fill that hole the following season. The better he plays the less likely we are to be able to buy him and if he is rubbish we wonít want to buy him!

The only thing I would add is that RLC and Bats did well for us but still do not feature regularly in the Chelsea first team and having bought new players again, continue to be unlikely to. Of the two, I would prefer to have RLC back and would buy him In a heartbeat. He single handedly transformed our midfield.

I totally agree with pretty much all of this. Unless there is an option to buy, then this is a waste of time. Also with 2 loan spots available from other clubs in the league I canít help but feel we should be aiming higher than a player with a couple of loans in the championship under his belt. I canít see RLC getting many minutes at Chelsea next season so I would have liked to have waited till the end of the window and see if we could have nabbed him on loan when the season started if he wasnít getting minutes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 31 Aug 20 11.22am Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

If true, and it does seems to be being widely reported now, I can't really understand this one as we have plenty of midfield options.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Connor Gallagher (rumour)