You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Connor Gallagher (rumour)
April 10 2021 7.13pm

Connor Gallagher (rumour)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View spartakev2's Profile spartakev2 Flag Anerley 31 Aug 20 11.40am Send a Private Message to spartakev2 Add spartakev2 as a friend

Originally posted by topcat

If true, and it does seems to be being widely reported now, I can't really understand this one as we have plenty of midfield options.

All of who are very defensive and not exactly spring chickens. I think this would be a great signing. Hes class. Rather use our slots on youngsters to add a bit of 'get up and go' into the team. Ok he wont be here the following season, but that's the case with most loans.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steve 2010's Profile steve 2010 Flag Croydon 31 Aug 20 11.43am Send a Private Message to steve 2010 Add steve 2010 as a friend

Why do we want another midfielder, are we Chelsea's little helpers

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 31 Aug 20 11.55am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by steve 2010

Why do we want another midfielder, are we Chelsea's little helpers

Because he's a box to box goal scoring midfielder we don't have too many of them at the moment.

I don't like the idea of helping Chelsea improve their players either but you play the cards you are dealt until you get a better hand. He will improve our team.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 31 Aug 20 12.15pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Because he's a box to box goal scoring midfielder we don't have too many of them at the moment.

I don't like the idea of helping Chelsea improve their players either but you play the cards you are dealt until you get a better hand. He will improve our team.

Agree. Also, if Meyer and McCarthy are really on the move (as some rumours have suggested) then not quite so many midfield options remain.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 31 Aug 20 12.21pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by coulsdoneagle

Very disappointing for me. A 20 year old who will be developed for Chelsea and then even if he has a good season we wonít see him again.

Also think we can aim a little higher with our loan slots. Clearly the club donít think our youngsters are good enough, in which point why did we extend their deals last year we should have just got rid. Also why didnít Kirby, Flanagan etc get loan moves away. We have completely stagnated their development.


I wonder whether the club want to see how our youngsters fare in the Cat A leagues. Let's not forget that our U23s finished joint bottom of a league containing mainly Championship and League One youngsters, which suggests to me that our youngsters AREN'T yet good enough, although a few of them may well rise to the challenge over the next year or so. Let's face it this isn't the mid 70s when our youngsters won the FA youth cup and went on to comprise much of the fabled 'Team of the Eighties'.

Edited by doombear (31 Aug 2020 12.22pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 31 Aug 20 12.38pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


I wonder whether the club want to see how our youngsters fare in the Cat A leagues. Let's not forget that our U23s finished joint bottom of a league containing mainly Championship and League One youngsters, which suggests to me that our youngsters AREN'T yet good enough, although a few of them may well rise to the challenge over the next year or so. Let's face it this isn't the mid 70s when our youngsters won the FA youth cup and went on to comprise much of the fabled 'Team of the Eighties'.

Edited by doombear (31 Aug 2020 12.22pm)

Gallagher, is a very promising all round mid-fielder, strong on the ball, good in the tackle , and a decent pass in his locker. Comfortable defence and offence,. What a pity we canít buy him, because if he can repeat his Championship form with us then he is what we need to progress.
Itís hard to accept none of our home grown lads are at his standard yet. But it is what it is. We probably canít afford a proven class example of Connors type, so if he can improve us in results and to watch at the same time, then why not get him for a year.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Berkshire 31 Aug 20 12.47pm Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

Think this kid is now ready for the premiership, as is Brewster, Mount stepped up last year, and I think he will too.

Disappointed we haven't got an option to buy, and what's the point in Chelsea having all these outstanding prospects, if they are spending £250 million, and are not prepared to play them or sell them?

Hoping this new academy can attract the kids that Chelsea have. That's where our future is, RLC, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher, Abraham, all born in or around south London, and all would be first team regulars.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 31 Aug 20 12.53pm Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

Originally posted by sotac464

Think this kid is now ready for the premiership, as is Brewster, Mount stepped up last year, and I think he will too.

Disappointed we haven't got an option to buy, and what's the point in Chelsea having all these outstanding prospects, if they are spending £250 million, and are not prepared to play them or sell them?

Hoping this new academy can attract the kids that Chelsea have. That's where our future is, RLC, Hudson-Odoi, Gallagher, Abraham, all born in or around south London, and all would be first team regulars.

Good post.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 31 Aug 20 1.00pm Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

I read somewhere this morning that CG was having contract discussion with Chelski prior to the loan. I know we have to take this sort of thing with a pinch of salt but the rest of the article (about a Palace medical) seems to be right - so maybe CG is looking at his longer term future and thinking there is a long list of very talented players ahead of him. Could a surprise permanent deal to Palace he on the cards? Hope so.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 31 Aug 20 1.01pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

With an aging midfield I don't see the long term sense without an option to buy.

I'd worry a bit about what this says about our midfield prospects like Kirby and co. I guess it says that the bosses see them as lower standard and so not playing.

Kirby is twenty, about the same age as this youngster so it seems a bit of a judgement on him.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 31 Aug 20 1.12pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

I understand what people are saying about the loan but I happy with it, if it means more for a striker. Our midfield is ageing and very pedestrian, CG and Eze will bring that bit of flair and passing ability. Cheer up people it looks like another signing.
Until our Academy is an attractive proposition for young players unfortunately the likes of Chelsea will have the pick of them. The fact they may never make a first team appearance seems to take second place to being able to say ď I play for ChelseaĒ

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Berkshire 31 Aug 20 1.14pm Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

With an aging midfield I don't see the long term sense without an option to buy.

I'd worry a bit about what this says about our midfield prospects like Kirby and co. I guess it says that the bosses see them as lower standard and so not playing.

Kirby is twenty, about the same age as this youngster so it seems a bit of a judgement on him.

I honestly think Gallagher is above Kirby, Gallagher had a full season in the championship last year with 2 different clubs, and was 1 of the standout players at both clubs, not easy to do.

Kirby needs to go on loan next season,to the championship, and learn the game, also toughen up, come back, and fight for his place.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Connor Gallagher (rumour)