You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Meyer article
August 11 2020 2.15pm

Meyer article

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View peterboroeagle's Profile peterboroeagle Flag peterborough 07 Jul 20 8.50am Send a Private Message to peterboroeagle Add peterboroeagle as a friend

[Link]

Interesting read here, agree with him being lightweight but are we asking him to stuff we shouldn’t? Do City ask David Silva to do what Roy asks Max to do?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 07 Jul 20 9.02am Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

I think its clear that Max was a Parish/Freedman signing. Roy is old school and likes to sign players he actually wants. Kouyate McCarthy Ayew and Cahill were Roy signings. Too much meddling by DOFs these days.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 07 Jul 20 9.08am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

This article sums Roy, us, the squad and Meyer up pretty well. I especially resonate with the comment that Meyer are his teammates tend not to be on the same wavelength; I've noticed it a number of times when Meyer has either played a killer ball that no-one makes a run for or moves into dangerous space but is not seen. Our squad only seem to have eyes for Wilf and where he is and what he's doing.

I can well see Meyer leaving and blossoming elsewhere and posters here cursing and wondering why he wasn't able to perform for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 07 Jul 20 9.09am Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

Good read and Meyer is a skilful player as noted in the article.
However, he will never succeed in a Palace side managed by Hodgson who does not trust the type of player that Meyer is.
If you designed a prototype of a Hodgson player I don’t believe Meyer would tick any of the boxes.
Wrong player at the wrong club under the wrong manager at the wrong time I’m afraid.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MikeCrete's Profile MikeCrete Flag Cheam/Crete 07 Jul 20 9.20am Send a Private Message to MikeCrete Add MikeCrete as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

Good read and Meyer is a skilful player as noted in the article.
However, he will never succeed in a Palace side managed by Hodgson who does not trust the type of player that Meyer is.
If you designed a prototype of a Hodgson player I don’t believe Meyer would tick any of the boxes.
Wrong player at the wrong club under the wrong manager at the wrong time I’m afraid.

Very true, sadly

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 07 Jul 20 9.24am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Good article, and which to be fair could have been written by any number of posters on HOL.

It's a topic that's already been widely discussed but the only comment I will make is what a shocking amount of money the club is wasting on players that are not - for whatever reason - providing value for money.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 07 Jul 20 9.33am Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Good article, and which to be fair could have been written by any number of posters on HOL.

It's a topic that's already been widely discussed but the only comment I will make is what a shocking amount of money the club is wasting on players that are not - for whatever reason - providing value for money.

Meyer transfer looked like a rush job, foistered on a manager who clearly wasn't that sure/keen. As you say don't think we can be getting players in who are not going to figure. like himself. Clearly there is something incoherent within the transfer team.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 07 Jul 20 9.40am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

This article sums Roy, us, the squad and Meyer up pretty well. I especially resonate with the comment that Meyer are his teammates tend not to be on the same wavelength; I've noticed it a number of times when Meyer has either played a killer ball that no-one makes a run for or moves into dangerous space but is not seen. Our squad only seem to have eyes for Wilf and where he is and what he's doing.

I can well see Meyer leaving and blossoming elsewhere and posters here cursing and wondering why he wasn't able to perform for us.

I couldn't agree more with this

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 07 Jul 20 9.42am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Booted Eagle

Meyer transfer looked like a rush job, foistered on a manager who clearly wasn't that sure/keen. As you say don't think we can be getting players in who are not going to figure. like himself. Clearly there is something incoherent within the transfer team.

Perhaps there are those who think that other players "Foisted" on Hodgson were Camarassa, Jach and Rakip.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag 07 Jul 20 12.58pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

definitely not a Roy signing.

Whilst he would clearly do better at say a Man City than Palace he has failed to adapt to the physical style of the prem league and lacks a yard in pace.

Whilst a decent player, the best players adapt. He hasn't

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 07 Jul 20 1.41pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by peterboroeagle

[Link]

Interesting read here, agree with him being lightweight but are we asking him to stuff we shouldn’t? Do City ask David Silva to do what Roy asks Max to do?

Silva and Meyer are 2 different species when it comes to football talent.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 07 Jul 20 1.45pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

A class act would stand out even in a poor team. When we had Lombardo you could see he was head and shoulders above the rest. Meyer has never looked more than average.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Meyer article