You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Cricket tomorrow
August 3 2020 7.13pm

Cricket tomorrow

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 11 Jul 20 11.45pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

TMS spent an hour debating where the term for an ice cream with a flake, 99, came from. Shame on those licence fee decryers.

You must be new to TMS. That sort of discussion is what cricket is all about. There have been some classics in the past, and many cricket fans would listen to TMS when they are at the venue. Myself included.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 12 Jul 20 1.14am Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

TMS spent an hour debating where the term for an ice cream with a flake, 99, came from. Shame on those licence fee decryers.

This sort of nonsense from Aggers and co is the joy of TMS. I could happily listen to it all day.

Really set up for a great finale tomorrow. Also a reminder as to why why we can’t lose 5 day Test cricket.

The only Covid positive was the cancellation of the The Hundred.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Phil’s Barber's Profile Phil’s Barber Flag Crowborough 12 Jul 20 1.31pm Send a Private Message to Phil’s Barber Add Phil’s Barber as a friend

Originally posted by Goal Machine

This sort of nonsense from Aggers and co is the joy of TMS. I could happily listen to it all day.

Really set up for a great finale tomorrow. Also a reminder as to why why we can’t lose 5 day Test cricket.

The only Covid positive was the cancellation of the The Hundred.


100% Agree with this.

The laid back mood of it all and the conversations about the cakes that get sent in for the commentators are just priceless


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 12 Jul 20 2.30pm Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

Originally posted by Phil’s Barber


100% Agree with this.

The laid back mood of it all and the conversations about the cakes that get sent in for the commentators are just priceless


It’s so great. On a par with Ken on the Course carrying a wok around the Augusta greens.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 12 Jul 20 3.11pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

You must be new to TMS. That sort of discussion is what cricket is all about. There have been some classics in the past, and many cricket fans would listen to TMS when they are at the venue. Myself included.

I was being tongue in cheek. Usually watch with Sky but listen to TMS. However, part of my TV package - don't pay licence for BBC. I have to pay a more expensive licence for Irish TV which has ads anyway.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 12 Jul 20 3.14pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I was being tongue in cheek. Usually watch with Sky but listen to TMS. However, part of my TV package - don't pay licence for BBC. I have to pay a more expensive licence for Irish TV which has ads anyway.

How much is the Irish licence mate? Just curious.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 12 Jul 20 4.02pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

How much is the Irish licence mate? Just curious.

It's around €160-70. I've just had my warning from the licence police (usually the postman).

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 12 Jul 20 4.35pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

It's around €160-70. I've just had my warning from the licence police (usually the postman).

Thanks, i take it that my ideal of a little bolt hole on the west coast somewhere, away from all the bureaucracy over here, just living free with nature and a heap of beer, nice peat burner with the range, is now defunct! Seems like the postman police will have me "billed up", so to speak!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 12 Jul 20 5.30pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Thanks, i take it that my ideal of a little bolt hole on the west coast somewhere, away from all the bureaucracy over here, just living free with nature and a heap of beer, nice peat burner with the range, is now defunct! Seems like the postman police will have me "billed up", so to speak!

Probably still places but getting fewer. Try Leitrim.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 12 Jul 20 6.33pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

An appropriate result for a team that kneels.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 12 Jul 20 6.37pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Well played the Windies.

Regarding umpiring I don't see any value in having 'umpire's call' at all.

The ball was hitting the stumps but the DRS had to rule it as umpire's call despite the technology.

End 'soft signals', 'umpire's call' altogether, we have the technology and don't need their mistakes anymore.

If only VAR was like DRS in cricket.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 12 Jul 20 11.17pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Probably still places but getting fewer. Try Leitrim.

Lovely leitrim? will do!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Cricket tomorrow