You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Alexander Sörloth
February 28 2021 9.53am

Alexander Sörloth

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 49 of 53 < 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View EagleinSF's Profile EagleinSF Flag San Fransisco 28 Oct 20 9.50pm Send a Private Message to EagleinSF Add EagleinSF as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

Sorloth gets his chance,coming on in the 65th minute.

So he's achieved what Wilf can only dream of!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 28 Oct 20 10.15pm Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Jury is still out but it seems Sorloth might be lacking the right mentality to lead the line in a top European league.

He looked like he’d turned a corner in Turkey. Maybe he’s turned it back again!

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 29 Oct 20 8.34am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

[Link]

I always believed there was more than met the eye with his time at Palace. He thinks he is a Messi. Handful of games for Norway and he’s getting carried away with himself.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 29 Oct 20 8.42am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Looking at the RB Leipzig forum their fans seem amazed that their club paid 20m for him. Talk of him having no positional sense and looking lethargic. It all sounds very familiar. Apparently he was criticised by their youth team coach after only a week at the club too! The Norway situation is bizarre too for such an inexperienced player to come out like that.

He's not had much time at Leipzig to be fair, but it is starting to suggest that possibly the Turkey adventure was misleading and that perhaps he is as bad as many of us thought, and possibly a bit of a d!ck to boot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 29 Oct 20 9.17am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Looking at the RB Leipzig forum their fans seem amazed that their club paid 20m for him. Talk of him having no positional sense and looking lethargic. It all sounds very familiar. Apparently he was criticised by their youth team coach after only a week at the club too! The Norway situation is bizarre too for such an inexperienced player to come out like that.

He's not had much time at Leipzig to be fair, but it is starting to suggest that possibly the Turkey adventure was misleading and that perhaps he is as bad as many of us thought, and possibly a bit of a d!ck to boot.

Luckily we got our money back for him, before the Germans found out, what we all knew!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 29 Oct 20 10.24am Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

The Norway national team situation is strange. They seem to have asked for criticism and then got upset when they received criticism. Be interesting to see if he plays for his country again under this management.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View RyWa's Profile RyWa Flag Beckenham 29 Oct 20 12.31pm Send a Private Message to RyWa Add RyWa as a friend

We all saw with our own eyes that he wasnt good enough for the top 4 European leagues, he even proved how bad he was when on loan in Belgium where he was also well below average.
His spell in Turkey made us second guess ourselves, but we have to remember the Turkish league is essentially a pub league minus 1 or 2 teams who are Championship standard at best.
Leipzig will offload him next summer and he will vanish into obscurity, probably in Turkey.

Edited by RyWa (29 Oct 2020 12.32pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 29 Oct 20 12.50pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by RyWa

We all saw with our own eyes that he wasnt good enough for the top 4 European leagues, he even proved how bad he was when on loan in Belgium where he was also well below average.
His spell in Turkey made us second guess ourselves, but we have to remember the Turkish league is essentially a pub league minus 1 or 2 teams who are Championship standard at best.
Leipzig will offload him next summer and he will vanish into obscurity, probably in Turkey.

Edited by RyWa (29 Oct 2020 12.32pm)

Which means we will buy him back to replace Wickham for about £18m payable over 6 months

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ali_Campbell's Profile Ali_Campbell Flag New Addington 22 Nov 20 8.15pm Send a Private Message to Ali_Campbell Add Ali_Campbell as a friend

Early days, but 8 games in. No goals and no assists. What’s a reasonable time before we can tell if this was a Palace masterclass or a gem that was never given a chance.

Are Leipzig playing to his strengths?


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 22 Nov 20 10.10pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

There were some on here who saw him as the answer to all our scoring problems as 'all he needed was a chance and a run in the team' Maybe they were deluded maybe they simply didn't realise that the undoubted passion of the Turkish league, its standard would probably not trouble League 2.

He has now stepped up and been found out. Thank god there was another team daft enough to enable us to get our money back!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Online Flag Sutton Coldfield 22 Nov 20 10.11pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Ali_Campbell

Early days, but 8 games in. No goals and no assists. What’s a reasonable time before we can tell if this was a Palace masterclass or a gem that was never given a chance.

Are Leipzig playing to his strengths?


Are Leipzig even playing him other than off the bench? I don't know as I don't follow German football.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 22 Nov 20 10.15pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Hauled off at half time yesterday. Looks like the manager never wanted the stocking of piss in the first place.

Edited by EddieMac (22 Nov 2020 10.16pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 49 of 53 < 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Alexander Sörloth