You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Fans could be back by October. Would you go?
September 28 2020 7.32am

Fans could be back by October. Would you go?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View trapperjohn's Profile trapperjohn Flag Horsham 18 Jul 20 11.32am Send a Private Message to trapperjohn Add trapperjohn as a friend

I think the bigger issue may well be how to get there. Trains and buses are usually crammed. Everybody go by car? Parking will be very interesting!

 


I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 18 Jul 20 11.40am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by baldeagle73

I'd definitely go back but as somebody has already stated the Arthur Waite toilets could mean that the Arthur will be left empty

Just like in the championship.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View baldeagle73's Profile baldeagle73 Flag Leamington spa 18 Jul 20 11.58am Send a Private Message to baldeagle73 Add baldeagle73 as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Just like in the championship.

I loved sitting in the Arthur in the championship you could pretty much sit where you wanted

 


walking down the holmesdale road to see the palace aces!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pierre's Profile Pierre Flag Purley 18 Jul 20 12.09pm Send a Private Message to Pierre Add Pierre as a friend

I probably would. However, I had Coronovirus back in March and since the restart every now and then whilst watching Palace I feel I'm getting the symptoms again!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pompeyeagle's Profile pompeyeagle Flag Relocated to Shropshire 19 Jul 20 7.54am Send a Private Message to pompeyeagle Add pompeyeagle as a friend

Originally posted by aashman12

I'd have no hesitation in going. All these blm marches and beach visits had zero impact on the numbers.

Thatís a brilliant point actually. And you can throw into that the first night the pubs opened and thousands of people up and down the country were out celebrating with no regard for social distancing whatsoever.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View *jack*'s Profile *jack* Flag Eastbourne 19 Jul 20 4.14pm Send a Private Message to *jack* Add *jack* as a friend

Its not the stadium that's my problem its the travel, coming up from the south coast Gatwick has always been a nightmare of overcrowding and don't think it will be any better in October, so its a NO from me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Jul 20 4.19pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

It's going to be difficult for international fans. That will probably have more of an impact on crowds at Anfield and Old Trafford, than it will at Selhurst.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 19 Jul 20 4.24pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by *jack*

Its not the stadium that's my problem its the travel, coming up from the south coast Gatwick has always been a nightmare of overcrowding and don't think it will be any better in October, so its a NO from me.

Well, seeing as we dont play at Gatwick, cant see what your problem is

Kinda get your point tho, i think a hell of a lot of people have fallen out of 'love' with football & are conserving finances/time for other things(not shopping with wife/partner tho, grr)

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 19 Jul 20 4.37pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by *jack*

Its not the stadium that's my problem its the travel, coming up from the south coast Gatwick has always been a nightmare of overcrowding and don't think it will be any better in October, so its a NO from me.

I tend to agree on that. Even after our last home game before lockdown (Watford) I walked back from the ground to East Croydon station - it was just at the time when things were beginning to get a bit worrying and I didn't fancy being shoulder to shoulder, face to face on the journey from Norwood Junction.

The infection rate will have to be pretty low for me to travel on crowded public transport again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Jul 20 4.46pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

I tend to agree on that. Even after our last home game before lockdown (Watford) I walked back from the ground to East Croydon station - it was just at the time when things were beginning to get a bit worrying and I didn't fancy being shoulder to shoulder, face to face on the journey from Norwood Junction.

The infection rate will have to be pretty low for me to travel on crowded public transport again.

I cannot recall the last time I travelled on public transport and yes, I am the recipient of a free bus pass!

Even though I am of a 'Ripe' age, 68 in November, I would be perfectly comfortable travelling on a bus or train with a mask.
I have actually considered purchasing a mask with the club logo - can any kind soul inform me where I could possibly attain one from?
I would be delighted walking around Brighton and the south coast proudly displaying our colours!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 19 Jul 20 5.54pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I cannot recall the last time I travelled on public transport and yes, I am the recipient of a free bus pass!

Even though I am of a 'Ripe' age, 68 in November, I would be perfectly comfortable travelling on a bus or train with a mask.
I have actually considered purchasing a mask with the club logo - can any kind soul inform me where I could possibly attain one from?
I would be delighted walking around Brighton and the south coast proudly displaying our colours!

Club shop/ Red n Blue or Black £5.00 a pop

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Jul 20 5.56pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13


Club shop/ Red n Blue or Black £5.00 a pop

That's very kind of you.Thank you for the information.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Fans could be back by October. Would you go?