You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Ryan Fraser (paper talk)
August 3 2020 6.28pm

Ryan Fraser (paper talk)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Online Flag Brockley 30 Jul 20 9.44am Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

[Link]

This would be a good acquisition for the club? OK his form would need to improve and his salary negotiated down, but would be a good option, especially if Zaha moves on? He's has pace which is an element every team needs?

[Link]

At his best would definitely add some playmaker creativity in terms of making more chances upfront, but then look who we've got upfront! So a prolific goal scorer still the priority....

Edited by Petereagle (30 Jul 2020 9.50am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 30 Jul 20 10.44am Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle

[Link]

This would be a good acquisition for the club? OK his form would need to improve and his salary negotiated down, but would be a good option, especially if Zaha moves on? He's has pace which is an element every team needs?

[Link]

At his best would definitely add some playmaker creativity in terms of making more chances upfront, but then look who we've got upfront! So a prolific goal scorer still the priority....

Edited by Petereagle (30 Jul 2020 9.50am)

Depending on his terms, this is the kind of deal, Palace tend to get into. A successful Outcome for most deals is usually about form, and Fraser, is a very busy, pacy, and effective player. Whether his type of player actually fits our most urgent needs is a probable counter to his availability. But who knows.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 30 Jul 20 10.47am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

I feel with this one that the only reason we'd win his signature is if we were the ones willing to pay the 100k he is looking for. Across 4 years that would be 20 million, plus he'd likely want a big signing fee. It seems very similar to the Wilf situation with us in that his form dipped last season due to speculation. I'm pretty sure his plan was never a move to Palace and my worry would be he may struggle for motivation.

Dyche and Wilder have both done well by focusing on the mindset of players when dipping into the transfer market and I think for a club of our size we need to ensure we take a similar approach. If we could bring his wage down to say 70k pw and he is keen to join then it seems like a no brainer, but I just think at 70k pw someone like Spuds, Arsenal or Everton would take a punt.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 30 Jul 20 11.03am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I feel with this one that the only reason we'd win his signature is if we were the ones willing to pay the 100k he is looking for. Across 4 years that would be 20 million, plus he'd likely want a big signing fee. It seems very similar to the Wilf situation with us in that his form dipped last season due to speculation. I'm pretty sure his plan was never a move to Palace and my worry would be he may struggle for motivation.

Dyche and Wilder have both done well by focusing on the mindset of players when dipping into the transfer market and I think for a club of our size we need to ensure we take a similar approach. If we could bring his wage down to say 70k pw and he is keen to join then it seems like a no brainer, but I just think at 70k pw someone like Spuds, Arsenal or Everton would take a punt.

Agreed, but can't see Fraser fitting the bill.
Also, high wages is one of our biggest problems. We can't expect to increase the number of first team squad members until we get rid of some high earners. Assuming Wilf goes and if we can offload Sakho to Lyons, we will have the means to pay the wages of say 4-6 new players depending on age and experience.
I'd rather our board keep their focus on getting younger players of real potential in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 30 Jul 20 11.24am Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

Our biggest problem in attracting attacking players is Roy. Anybody with flare would be put off by his turgid tactics. I would imagine its one of Wilfs issues too

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View M1EAGLE's Profile M1EAGLE Flag Brisbane 30 Jul 20 1.00pm Send a Private Message to M1EAGLE Add M1EAGLE as a friend

What a ridiculous statement

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ian-VI's Profile Ian-VI Online Flag Vicenza 30 Jul 20 1.23pm Send a Private Message to Ian-VI Add Ian-VI as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

Our biggest problem in attracting attacking players is Roy. Anybody with flare would be put off by his turgid tactics. I would imagine its one of Wilfs issues too

Just a question.
Can you explain to me why he played with Ruben Loftus Cheek as an attacking midfielder when he had him, and hence didn't play with 3 DMs?

 


The best footie management game: [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View oghash's Profile oghash Flag 30 Jul 20 1.50pm Send a Private Message to oghash Add oghash as a friend

He'd obviously be a good addition to the team but I'm not sure we'd be able to afford his, or at least want to afford his wages if he's looking for 100k a week.

 


Why would anyone chose to be a Seagull? The Eagle is a far superior creature.

The Seagull lives under it's damp pier meekly looking out, blinded by the sheer quality of the Eagle's palace.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Online Flag Brockley 30 Jul 20 9.18pm Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by oghash

He'd obviously be a good addition to the team but I'm not sure we'd be able to afford his, or at least want to afford his wages if he's looking for 100k a week.

[Link]

Might be preparing a bid? Hope so. Even better if Wolf stays

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 30 Jul 20 9.53pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle

[Link]

Might be preparing a bid? Hope so. Even better if Wolf stays

If we have a wolf,why have we not got some bite??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 30 Jul 20 10.54pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

If we have a wolf,why have we not got some bite??

Someone that can hit a howler. Who stands out from the pack. With the ability to put a lupine shot over a wall.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 30 Jul 20 10.58pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Someone that can hit a howler. Who stands out from the pack. With the ability to put a lupine shot over a wall.

My mate used to have a pet wolf. He actually taught it to meditate.

Hes aware wolf now

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Ryan Fraser (paper talk)