You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Benrahma (papertalk)
April 10 2021 8.13pm

Benrahma (papertalk)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 33 of 37 < 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Berkshire 10 Oct 20 5.08pm Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


I'm not so sure. With so many contracts coming to an end next summer, the club may want a couple of new players in January so as to bed them in during the rest of the season before having to add more next summer. It depends on how many of the expiring contracts will be extended.

We've always done that in the past haven't we? If the car salesman can save on wages, he will.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bullhorn76's Profile Bullhorn76 Flag Darlington 10 Oct 20 9.41pm Send a Private Message to Bullhorn76 Add Bullhorn76 as a friend

Originally posted by sotac464

We've always done that in the past haven't we? If the car salesman can save on wages, he will.

Will be a wet spam player by 5pm Friday unfortunately

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 10 Oct 20 10.48pm Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by Bullhorn76

Will be a wet spam player by 5pm Friday unfortunately

Too da...d right.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 11 Oct 20 7.40am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

BBC running the same story in their gossip column today - West Ham have made an offer of £17m plus add-ons for Brentford's Algeria forward Said Benrahma, 25. (90 Min)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Berkshire 11 Oct 20 8.58am Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

I said a week ago he will sign for West Ham, think he'll be a great signing, Benhrama and Bowen, really good players, there owners get a lot of stick from there fans, but they do spend money.

Parish gets an easy ride in comparison.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 11 Oct 20 8.59am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

We were never in for him in the first place.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sotac464's Profile sotac464 Flag Berkshire 11 Oct 20 9.00am Send a Private Message to sotac464 Add sotac464 as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

We were never in for him in the first place.

According to some the deal was done, just watch this space.

 


My equalibrium unbalanced me. Paul Draper Brighton 19/2/2018

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 11 Oct 20 9.04am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by sotac464

According to some the deal was done, just watch this space.

Deal was never even started.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 11 Oct 20 11.18am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by sotac464

I said a week ago he will sign for West Ham, think he'll be a great signing, Benhrama and Bowen, really good players, there owners get a lot of stick from there fans, but they do spend money.

Parish gets an easy ride in comparison.

Funny you should mention those two players. In both cases palace did all the due diligence and west ham stepped in late and gazumped us.

Why did we "let" this happen? I don't know how to tell you this but they are far better resourced than us. For instance, while we have to make do in our dilapidated Nissan huts, west ham were GIVEN the Olympic stadium!

It is not an even playing field. SP gets a relatively easy ride maybe because people know this and marvel at the fact that we are 8 years a premiership team despite having to operate at such an economic disadvantage compared to most of our peers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 11 Oct 20 11.57am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop


Funny you should mention those two players. In both cases palace did all the due diligence and west ham stepped in late and gazumped us.

Why did we "let" this happen? I don't know how to tell you this but they are far better resourced than us. For instance, while we have to make do in our dilapidated Nissan huts, west ham were GIVEN the Olympic stadium!

It is not an even playing field.

We may lose out on players having done the due diligence but it tends to be because we don't offer anywhere near the asking price and whilst we are fannying about trying to barter another club will step in and pay what the player is worth.

If the media reports are true Watford have said that they won't sell Sarr for anything less than £40m so we are allegedly about to offer £30m

West Ham may have been gifted a stadium but our dilapidated row of Nissan huts as you put it don't stand us a great deal in the accounts and the main reason why West Ham have more money than us is because their directors have put more in

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 11 Oct 20 12.58pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

We may lose out on players having done the due diligence but it tends to be because we don't offer anywhere near the asking price and whilst we are fannying about trying to barter another club will step in and pay what the player is worth.

If the media reports are true Watford have said that they won't sell Sarr for anything less than £40m so we are allegedly about to offer £30m

West Ham may have been gifted a stadium but our dilapidated row of Nissan huts as you put it don't stand us a great deal in the accounts and the main reason why West Ham have more money than us is because their directors have put more in

Their directors have more to put in.

And we bargain in order to get the few players available who can improve the squad.

Sadly they also improve our competitors who are better resourced.

Like I said we start disadvantaged. Out of the 20 clubs I think only Burnley are comparable?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 11 Oct 20 1.06pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

I personally donít think we will end up with either Benrahma or Sarr but we will see Osayi-Samuel..!!

At a reported £5M could turn out to be the most prudent buy of the 3..!!

Time will tell.

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 33 of 37 < 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Benrahma (papertalk)