You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Flynn Downes
April 24 2024 8.12pm

Flynn Downes

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 20 of 21 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 25 Aug 22 7.30pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I was looking at them doing poorly this season, their squad and their strengths and weaknesses. Moyes has gone for brawn over brain, work rate over skill. Look at the squad yourselves - it's basically the team one would expect Moyes to build in his image. Then look at how they're doing and it's not surprising. Lack of creativity, not really a striker to speak of, a lot of huff and puff but little press and no guile. Moyes will be for the chip if this goes on much longer. Wet Spam like a Scottish Premiership side or Everton from the 90s.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 25 Aug 22 9.46pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

It's often said on here West Ham come in and nick our targets.

But we've appeared to hoodwink them twice over Jordan Hugill and now Flynn Downes by the look of it.

And whilst they got Bowen and Benrahma, it didn't leave them enough money for Eze.

I know who I would rather have out of the 3.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 26 Aug 22 5.07am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

But we've appeared to hoodwink them twice over Jordan Hugill and now Flynn Downes by the look of it.

To hoodwink them implies that we did something deliberately but we didn't as we were ready to go ahead and buy Downes but were gazumped by West Ham so no hoodwinking involved at all

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 26 Aug 22 8.33am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

To hoodwink them implies that we did something deliberately but we didn't as we were ready to go ahead and buy Downes but were gazumped by West Ham so no hoodwinking involved at all

Maybe but we put the price up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 26 Aug 22 8.56am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I was looking at them doing poorly this season, their squad and their strengths and weaknesses. Moyes has gone for brawn over brain, work rate over skill. Look at the squad yourselves - it's basically the team one would expect Moyes to build in his image. Then look at how they're doing and it's not surprising. Lack of creativity, not really a striker to speak of, a lot of huff and puff but little press and no guile. Moyes will be for the chip if this goes on much longer. Wet Spam like a Scottish Premiership side or Everton from the 90s.

I agree there actually.

Recent years they have had the odd 'flair' player alongside the workmen: Lanzini, Felipe Anderson, Payet, Arnautovic, Bowen, even Antonio to an extent. I thought that always worked out well for them.

They are now however starting to look very much a 'Moyes' team and missing that extra bit of 'special' to really win games/points. They have bought a new striker in Scamacca but even he is about 6'5 and hardly the Italian Ronaldinho. They'll be OK this season but can't see them challenging too high up the table.

Anyhoo, the point I originally wanted to make, why is everyone talking about WHU??? Is it to appease Grumps? As for Flynn Downes, it looks as though, for now, we've been saved on shelling out £12million or whatever it looked to be.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 26 Aug 22 12.57pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

Doogie obviously rates him, be he also rated Jaroslav Jach, Erdal Rakip and Alex Sorloth - though he was unlucky with the last one. Could be a diamond in the rough - but looks like we've dodged the proverbial bullet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 26 Aug 22 6.18pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

I agree there actually.

Recent years they have had the odd 'flair' player alongside the workmen: Lanzini, Felipe Anderson, Payet, Arnautovic, Bowen, even Antonio to an extent. I thought that always worked out well for them.

They are now however starting to look very much a 'Moyes' team and missing that extra bit of 'special' to really win games/points. They have bought a new striker in Scamacca but even he is about 6'5 and hardly the Italian Ronaldinho. They'll be OK this season but can't see them challenging too high up the table.

Anyhoo, the point I originally wanted to make, why is everyone talking about WHU??? Is it to appease Grumps? As for Flynn Downes, it looks as though, for now, we've been saved on shelling out £12million or whatever it looked to be.

I think we should change the thread title to 'West Ham home of real football/ won the World Cup 1966/ proper cockneys/ geezers thread'.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 31 Aug 22 7.12am Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

It's often said on here West Ham come in and nick our targets.

But we've appeared to hoodwink them twice over Jordan Hugill and now Flynn Downes by the look of it.

And whilst they got Bowen and Benrahma, it didn't leave them enough money for Eze.

I know who I would rather have out of the 3.

West Ham literally intercepted Hugill as he stepped off the train in London as he was travelling down to us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 31 Aug 22 8.50am Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mwncisee

West Ham literally intercepted Hugill as he stepped off the train in London as he was travelling down to us.

That was lucky!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 31 Aug 22 8.51am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

West Ham have spent a fortune to secure their Europa League spot.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View VinceHilaire's Profile VinceHilaire Flag London 01 May 23 5.21pm Send a Private Message to VinceHilaire Add VinceHilaire as a friend

Just wonder if he now wondering if he made the right decision to reject our offer and join the Hammers.

Iím confident we would have used him a lot more - in many respects, a complete waste of a year for him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 01 May 23 5.46pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by VinceHilaire

Just wonder if he now wondering if he made the right decision to reject our offer and join the Hammers.

Iím confident we would have used him a lot more - in many respects, a complete waste of a year for him.

Boyhood hammers fan. He'll be fine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 20 of 21 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Flynn Downes