You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Flynn Downes
August 9 2022 6.39pm

Flynn Downes

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 18 of 19 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

 

View CT Charlie's Profile CT Charlie Flag 08 Jul 22 8.02pm Send a Private Message to CT Charlie Add CT Charlie as a friend

Originally posted by the eagle villain2

Its another example of other clubs being able to conclude business quickly and efficiently. Palace seem to procrastinate, bargain and "sleep on it", in the mean time another club come and wrap up the business in 24 hours. No doubt it will happen again before the end of the window. Dougie can spot a player, no doubt about that, but the business end of the deals needs streamlining.

Or maybe most players assume Crystal Palace can be outbid by most other teams, and they wait until a better offer arrives.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace in the Blood's Profile Palace in the Blood Flag 08 Jul 22 8.13pm Send a Private Message to Palace in the Blood Add Palace in the Blood as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

Exactly. Just bizarre really.

Not really it was year before and ipswich wanted £ 4 million. He then had a serious potentially career ending injury.
I suspect we decided that we could not afford another injury plagued player and were not interested. Swansea took risk and it has come off.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 08 Jul 22 8.22pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Palace in the Blood

Not really it was year before and ipswich wanted £ 4 million. He then had a serious potentially career ending injury.
I suspect we decided that we could not afford another injury plagued player and were not interested. Swansea took risk and it has come off.

It was current Swansea manager Russell Martin who bought Downes for Swansea from Ipswich for £1.5 Mill rising to £2 Mill and W.Ham purchased him in a £12 Mill deal.

He has a 'Fire' to his game collecting 12 yellows in season 2019-20 and last season collected 12 yellows and a red.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Jul 22 9.38pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Not ITK but sourced from the Athletic

“ Downes was at Palace training ground, talking with Vieira, when was whisked away to West Ham”
His agent is Mark Warburtons daughter.
So looks like everyone at Palace thought deal was done, maybe Dazza wasn’t far off

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HeathMan's Profile HeathMan Flag Purley 08 Jul 22 10.35pm Send a Private Message to HeathMan Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add HeathMan as a friend

It was current Swansea manager Russell Martin who bought Downes for Swansea from Ipswich for £1.5 Mill rising to £2 Mill and W.Ham purchased him in a £12 Mill deal.

He has a 'Fire' to his game collecting 12 yellows in season 2019-20 and last season collected 12 yellows and a red.

-----------------------------------------

Seems better at collecting vards than scoring goals. Looking forward to playing ten man West Ham - provided PV has cured our tendency to lose against ten men.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 08 Jul 22 10.42pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by HeathMan

It was current Swansea manager Russell Martin who bought Downes for Swansea from Ipswich for £1.5 Mill rising to £2 Mill and W.Ham purchased him in a £12 Mill deal.

He has a 'Fire' to his game collecting 12 yellows in season 2019-20 and last season collected 12 yellows and a red.

-----------------------------------------

Seems better at collecting vards than scoring goals. Looking forward to playing ten man West Ham - provided PV has cured our tendency to lose against ten men.

He is certainly not a goalscoring midfielder, only scoring 1 goal in his last 72 games.
In actual fact he has only scored 4 goals in the last 5 seasons.

Edited by Willo (08 Jul 2022 10.46pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 08 Jul 22 10.47pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

He is certainly not a goalscoring midfielder, only scoring 1 goal in his last 72 games.
In actual fact he has only scored 4 goals in the last 5 seasons.

Edited by Willo (08 Jul 2022 10.46pm)

Woo hoo. Willo is back. Nice holiday?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 08 Jul 22 11.03pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Woo hoo. Willo is back. Nice holiday?

My last contribution prior to engaging in discussion today was at the tail end of April and perhaps HOL was all the richer for my absence !
Rest assured I never spent this period at some exotic destinations in high-end accommodation in the Far East !

Edited by Willo (08 Jul 2022 11.05pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 08 Jul 22 11.06pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

My last contribution prior to engaging in discussion today was at the tail end of April and perhaps HOL was all the richer for my absence !
Rest assured I never spent this period at some exotic destinations in high-end accommodation in the Far East !

Edited by Willo (08 Jul 2022 11.05pm)

OK

Well I hope you didn’t have too bad a time in prison then

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elwissthebest's Profile Elwissthebest Flag Marlborough 09 Jul 22 9.44pm Send a Private Message to Elwissthebest Add Elwissthebest as a friend

Palace shows an interest. Player ends up at West Ham. Heard that before? Doubt West Ham has a scouting set up. It waits for Palace to identify talent and then outbids

Originally posted by CT Charlie

Or maybe most players assume Crystal Palace can be outbid by most other teams, and they wait until a better offer arrives.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 10 Jul 22 5.58am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Elwissthebest

Palace shows an interest. Player ends up at West Ham. Heard that before? Doubt West Ham has a scouting set up. It waits for Palace to identify talent and then outbids

We should be proud that a club who are playing in Europe in the coming season are interested in the me players as lowly Palace

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NE14T's Profile NE14T Flag 10 Jul 22 9.47am Send a Private Message to NE14T Add NE14T as a friend

I thought he was lured away from Palace to WH simply because he’s a Hammers supporter and it was a boyhood dream to play for them. Difficult for us to compete with those emotions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 18 of 19 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Flynn Downes