You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Retirement
October 25 2020 12.27am

Retirement

Previous Topic | Next Topic


 

View nickyf's Profile nickyf 11 Sep 20 6.45am Send a Private Message to nickyf Add nickyf as a friend

Still a few years for me, lots of over 65s at work staying well past there sell by date.

Anyone got any exciting plans what they are going to do when they hang up there boots.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View AERO's Profile AERO Flag 11 Sep 20 4.59pm Send a Private Message to AERO Add AERO as a friend

Interesting topic ! I want to retire early 63 latest if all goes well.Furlough has opened my eyes a bit and realise I need a hobbie of some sort.Think I will join a gym to try to keep fit but will probably need to play golf or something else to occupie my retirement.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 11 Sep 20 6.00pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


I retired at 57 (sold house and moved out of London) and itís great. The gym is a good option because it provides a schedule to keep to otherwise you can tend to stay inside when the weather is dodgy. Of course the pub is an attraction as well.
One of the best parts is going on holiday and not thinking about going back to work when itís over.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kenners46's Profile kenners46 Flag sydenham village 11 Sep 20 6.25pm Send a Private Message to kenners46 Add kenners46 as a friend

I retired at 50 now doing work at home. I could never go back to office work

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View AERO's Profile AERO Flag 11 Sep 20 6.28pm Send a Private Message to AERO Add AERO as a friend

I think Furlough made a lot of people focus on retirement and how they live and wish to live in the future,even if not quite at retirement age.Did envisage travelling abroad a lot in retirement but the world has changed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 11 Sep 20 6.32pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


I retired at 57 (sold house and moved out of London) and itís great. The gym is a good option because it provides a schedule to keep to otherwise you can tend to stay inside when the weather is dodgy. Of course the pub is an attraction as well.
One of the best parts is going on holiday and not thinking about going back to work when itís over.

Teddy, i cant agree more.
I took early retirement 3 years ago(im 64) i sold my business, went on shed loads of hollibos & bought properies in Spain/Portugal, best thing i ever did & was fortunately able to do.

My stress levels have gone down so much, dont need a quack, thi in all fairness, logging on to HOL is a stress level raiser as is supporting CPFC(long mat THAT continue)

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 11 Sep 20 6.47pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Teddy, i cant agree more.
I took early retirement 3 years ago(im 64) i sold my business, went on shed loads of hollibos & bought properies in Spain/Portugal, best thing i ever did & was fortunately able to do.

My stress levels have gone down so much, dont need a quack, thi in all fairness, logging on to HOL is a stress level raiser as is supporting CPFC(long mat THAT continue)

Glad itís worked out - we might be the last generation who get the option.
Agree about CPFC but looking back my attitude changed when every player was young enough to be my son - now Iím getting into Grandfather territory so stress levels about football arenít what they were.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Made in Bromley 12 Sep 20 9.54am Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

I decided to take my private pension early when Covid hit, so officially Iím a pensioner at 56, my mrs is due a lottery win type pay out from her bank next year so hopefully work will be a distant memory by the time Iím 60

I suppose Iíd better tell her weíre moving to Cornwall

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 12 Sep 20 10.03am Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

The key isnít to retire but to find work you love.

Financially the goal should be to get to a place when you donít have to work. Doesnít mean you have to stop, just takes away any pressure.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 12 Sep 20 10.05am Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

I decided to take my private pension early when Covid hit, so officially Iím a pensioner at 56, my mrs is due a lottery win type pay out from her bank next year so hopefully work will be a distant memory by the time Iím 60

I suppose Iíd better tell her weíre moving to Cornwall


I always thought you were younger than that Monkey.

And to think of all the wasted posts Iíve spent trying to groom you

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Made in Bromley 12 Sep 20 11.12am Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle


I always thought you were younger than that Monkey.

And to think of all the wasted posts Iíve spent trying to groom you

Maturity has never been my strong point

Groom me? If only Iíd known!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 12 Sep 20 7.42pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

Maturity has never been my strong point

Groom me? If only Iíd known!!

Get a room!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 


Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Retirement