You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > roy out
April 16 2021 1.04pm

roy out

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 377 of 380 < 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View leejaneagles's Profile leejaneagles Flag 31 Mar 21 3.21pm Send a Private Message to leejaneagles Add leejaneagles as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Possibly, although Andros has come out today and said that no contract discussions are being held with any of the players until the end of the season, so it may just be the same is true for Roy. It's not like someone is going to come in and poach him, unless the Vatican over-75s football team are looking for a new manager.


Unlikely they'd be interested with Roy's refusal to involve the youth.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 31 Mar 21 4.27pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

My instinct is similar to yours then. One things for certain, the club don't seem concerned about the risk of losing any of the players or staff to other clubs. They've all been free to sign pre contracts with foreign clubs since new years day.

Possibly a way to regain leverage. Let others come in and set the stall out before we make a move. Rather than the club agreeing to a sky high cost for fear of being gazzumpt at a later date.

There aren't currently many appealing options in the world who would offer bigger wages than us for the players with expiring deals.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 31 Mar 21 7.31pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

I have a feeling there will be a lot of extremely disappointed posters on here when next season's manager is announced. The gradual change from what is wanted, to what is believed will happen is amusing. It will be the same for the team announced for next season. Much disappointment.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 31 Mar 21 10.58pm Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

Alternatively- we’ve got a rebuilding plan which involves a new manager and that will include significant backing in sourcing players for the next 3 or 4 year period.
The final say on who we offer new deals to is best left to the new Manager once he’s had a good look at the players - makes no sense at all to extend anyone’s deals at this time which has to suggest a change is coming.

Hallelujah praise the Lord!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 01 Apr 21 5.51am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Elphers40

Alternatively- we’ve got a rebuilding plan which involves a new manager and that will include significant backing in sourcing players for the next 3 or 4 year period.
The final say on who we offer new deals to is best left to the new Manager once he’s had a good look at the players - makes no sense at all to extend anyone’s deals at this time which has to suggest a change is coming.

Hallelujah praise the Lord!

A great punchline from a great movie

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kev64's Profile kev64 Flag Cambs 01 Apr 21 7.14am Send a Private Message to kev64 Add kev64 as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

My instinct is similar to yours then. One things for certain, the club don't seem concerned about the risk of losing any of the players or staff to other clubs. They've all been free to sign pre contracts with foreign clubs since new years day.

There are only a handful of clubs foreign clubs that will come close to pl wages and the players out of contract won’t attract any of Europe’s big payers.

Cov 19 has had a side effect of resetting the market value/wage demands of mediocre players, which hopefully we can use our advantage.

Let’s face it no club in its right mind is going to pay the likes of Sakho Benteke et al 4mill a year plus sign on fees.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 01 Apr 21 9.27am Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

There are only a handful of clubs foreign clubs that will come close to pl wages and the players out of contract won’t attract any of Europe’s big payers.

Cov 19 has had a side effect of resetting the market value/wage demands of mediocre players, which hopefully we can use our advantage.

Let’s face it no club in its right mind is going to pay the likes of Sakho Benteke et al 4mill a year plus sign on fees.


Just the one in SE25

 


“You miss 100 per cent of the shots you don’t take”

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elphers40's Profile Elphers40 Flag Northants 01 Apr 21 9.28am Send a Private Message to Elphers40 Add Elphers40 as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

There are only a handful of clubs foreign clubs that will come close to pl wages and the players out of contract won’t attract any of Europe’s big payers.

Cov 19 has had a side effect of resetting the market value/wage demands of mediocre players, which hopefully we can use our advantage.

Let’s face it no club in its right mind is going to pay the likes of Sakho Benteke et al 4mill a year plus sign on fees.

I agree - and if there was ever a time to rebuild and get value for money (relatively speaking) it’ll be the next window. Could be good news for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag Just outside The Cronx 01 Apr 21 9.46am Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

I read this as the strongest indication that Roy is off, and the player contracts will hinge on the thoughts of a new manager.

It's not ideal for players living with that uncertainty but it's part of the business of football. And a necessity for us to evolve. It might mean we lose some players to other clubs that we might have wanted to hold onto, but it will sort the wheat from the chaff in terms of who wants to play for us and fight for their place.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 01 Apr 21 5.32pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Possibly, although Andros has come out today and said that no contract discussions are being held with any of the players until the end of the season, so it may just be the same is true for Roy. It's not like someone is going to come in and poach him, unless the Vatican over-75s football team are looking for a new manager.

Makes sense in relation to players due to possible injuries until end of season but not sure you can have the same reasoning in relation to a manager. Might be waiting until we are mathematically safe but that seems academic as if we drop he will get the boot in all likelihood.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View alexdyoung87's Profile alexdyoung87 Flag Yorkshire 04 Apr 21 6.47am Send a Private Message to alexdyoung87 Add alexdyoung87 as a friend

There’s a new rumour come out in the papers today. Paulo Fonseca, a Portugese manager currently at Roma.

Does anyone know much about this guy or have any inside knowledge on the strength of this rumour? Seems like a random one to me!

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View OldFella's Profile OldFella Flag London 04 Apr 21 6.56am Send a Private Message to OldFella Add OldFella as a friend

Originally posted by alexdyoung87

There’s a new rumour come out in the papers today. Paulo Fonseca, a Portugese manager currently at Roma.

Does anyone know much about this guy or have any inside knowledge on the strength of this rumour? Seems like a random one to me!

[Link]

The Fonz! Happy Days.

 


Jackson.. Wan Bissaka.... Sansom.. Nicholas.. Cannon.. Cahill.... Zaha... Thomas.. Byrne... Holton.. Rogers.. that should do it..

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 377 of 380 < 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > roy out