You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > roy out
January 18 2021 10.28am

roy out

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 64 of 153 < 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 28 Nov 20 7.59pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Survival this season under Hodgson and he might well be at the club next season if he wishes to continue.
Survival under him will mean that he will have kept the club in the hallowed land of the PL for 4 seasons on a relative 'Shoestring' with an ageing squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Online Flag 28 Nov 20 8.10pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Survival this season under Hodgson and he might well be at the club next season if he wishes to continue.
Survival under him will mean that he will have kept the club in the hallowed land of the PL for 4 seasons on a relative 'Shoestring' with an ageing squad.

I doubt it. Many players will be out of contract so there'll be all that to deal with. Many are now to old to play at the level of intensity that the Prem brings so it's likely a few will be released. A rebuilding job will require a new manager, I don't think RH has acquitted himself well when it has come to blending youth with experience, he has his favourites come what may - how else would Schlupp end up as centre forward? It's a new chapter and time to move on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Swindy's Profile Swindy Flag Bromley 28 Nov 20 8.37pm Send a Private Message to Swindy Add Swindy as a friend

There must be a coach out there who can get far better out of the attacking players we have !! Roy did a magnificent job in that first season after a start of P7 L7 but our team seems completely unable to progress and he never has a plan B. Leeds was clearly a flash in the pan and 1 goal and 1 point v bha, Burnley & Newcastle is embarassing.
Please god not Steven Gerrard !! Why ? managing in a country with the competition of just 1 other team and having probably won the championship by Christmas by beating that 1 team once ? I think a 5 year old could probably manage that.
The cupboard outside those in jobs sadly is bare, Dyche might be an improvement.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglehamster's Profile Eaglehamster Online Flag Storrington 28 Nov 20 9.10pm Send a Private Message to Eaglehamster Add Eaglehamster as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

Why can you not understand that.

You're blaming our best player (even if he does want to go).

Frankly with the tactics foisted on him, who can blame him?

 


My dad made me a Palace fan. Never forgiven him.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 29 Nov 20 12.03pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglehamster

You're blaming our best player (even if he does want to go).

Frankly with the tactics foisted on him, who can blame him?


My interpretation of TP's statement (and, of course, I may be wrong) is that Wilf is so important to us at present that we are unable to make progress without him. Our results without him prove that.
When Wilf plays the plan (and I won't call it Plan A because there is no Plan B etc.) is to give him the ball as much as possible and hope he can weave his magic and get us a goal or create the opportunity for someone else to do so.
When Wilf doesn't play we don't seem to know what to do when it comes to attacking and waste so many promising opportunities through dithering and dallying wondering who to pass to because there's no Wilf.
We need to create a culture and system for when there is no Wilf, but unfortunately, whilst Wilf remains, we seem incapable of doing that. Ergo, Wilf needs to go before it's too late.
As for Roy, his time to go is near BUT I'm not sure we can afford to lose both him and Wilf at the same time.

As an aside, I saw a rumour on the Beeb that Arsenal may want to offload Pepe if they can get enough for him - going for Wilf instead?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 29 Nov 20 12.14pm Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


My interpretation of TP's statement (and, of course, I may be wrong) is that Wilf is so important to us at present that we are unable to make progress without him. Our results without him prove that.
When Wilf plays the plan (and I won't call it Plan A because there is no Plan B etc.) is to give him the ball as much as possible and hope he can weave his magic and get us a goal or create the opportunity for someone else to do so.
When Wilf doesn't play we don't seem to know what to do when it comes to attacking and waste so many promising opportunities through dithering and dallying wondering who to pass to because there's no Wilf.
We need to create a culture and system for when there is no Wilf, but unfortunately, whilst Wilf remains, we seem incapable of doing that. Ergo, Wilf needs to go before it's too late.
As for Roy, his time to go is near BUT I'm not sure we can afford to lose both him and Wilf at the same time.

As an aside, I saw a rumour on the Beeb that Arsenal may want to offload Pepe if they can get enough for him - going for Wilf instead?

Well letís say Wilf goes and Roy stays we are down. Roy has already shown during his tenure he cannot find a solution for when Wilf does not play. Roy has many supporters for him to continue in his role with the worry of what will happen if he leaves. The biggest threat to us going down is Wilf leaving and Roy staying.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 29 Nov 20 12.26pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by MonsterMunch

Well letís say Wilf goes and Roy stays we are down. Roy has already shown during his tenure he cannot find a solution for when Wilf does not play. Roy has many supporters for him to continue in his role with the worry of what will happen if he leaves. The biggest threat to us going down is Wilf leaving and Roy staying.


Quite possible that we will go down if Wilf goes. However, if he goes (rather than not playing because he's injured or Covided) then the psychology and dynamic changes. The club would have to devise a new system of play. How successful that would be is anybody's guess, but there is a big difference between Wilf's temporary and permanent absence - both manager and first team squad will have to adapt or 'die' in the case of the latter.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 29 Nov 20 12.28pm Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Quite possible that we will go down if Wilf goes. However, if he goes (rather than not playing because he's injured or Covided) then the psychology and dynamic changes. The club would have to devise a new system of play. How successful that would be is anybody's guess, but there is a big difference between Wilf's temporary and permanent absence - both manager and first team squad will have to adapt or 'die' in the case of the latter.

I agree. We HAVE to find another way. I would be extremely worried if that responsibility fell to Roy next season. Unfortunately I think both these scenarios are very likely.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View hcjbrooks's Profile hcjbrooks Flag 29 Nov 20 3.54pm Send a Private Message to hcjbrooks Add hcjbrooks as a friend

Watching Palace currently gives we supporters a modicum of pleasure only Can SP make big decisions replacing Zaha who will surely leave the club getting rid of deadwood and aged players with fading talents,RH and RL who are surely now past their sale date ,bringing in youth and a totally different mindset A big ask! I fear the consequences if he does not

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 29 Nov 20 6.01pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

What is the actual value of Zaha at the moment? Whatever it could be would if our club agreed to him leaving be spent on someone to replace him, it's going to be difficult now for Zaha to be placed onto the market for sale because of his age and troublesome temperament, all a bit sad if we think about it because he certainly does deserve and is well good enough for a top six club, this covid virus hasn't helped him either with clubs being more careful about costs, so if he does leave it's not all disaster because we will have an opportunity to replace him with someone with real potential and of course much younger in years, I do not like the criticism aimed at our manager and I find it extremely difficult to sit on my hands and keep quiet, but I wish no other Palace fan any ill because I understand fully their frustrations.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View woody6013's Profile woody6013 Flag Bundaberg Queensland 30 Nov 20 2.31am Send a Private Message to woody6013 Add woody6013 as a friend

Cannot understand the lack of work, and quality knowing that 6 points were almost a gift against Burnley & Newcastle based on their own deficiencies, and yet we now find ourselves in a precarious position. Lose to WBA and is all over for 2020/1. It will be another struggle staring Championship Football in the face What happened to pride and doing the job they are handsomely paid for. How can you beat Leeds 4-1 and then become pathetic, in following matches. Even easy passes are embarrassing too short or too fast and long ( on your own pitch for goodness sake) Palace wake up to the fact you have enough good players but without purpose.
Change Roy NOW before its beyond repair, to someone with fire in their body, to take the club forward.
Ive said enough, Im just sick and tired of the same old same old............. Just do it Parish!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 30 Nov 20 8.51am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

What is the actual value of Zaha at the moment? Whatever it could be would if our club agreed to him leaving be spent on someone to replace him, it's going to be difficult now for Zaha to be placed onto the market for sale because of his age and troublesome temperament, all a bit sad if we think about it because he certainly does deserve and is well good enough for a top six club, this covid virus hasn't helped him either with clubs being more careful about costs, so if he does leave it's not all disaster because we will have an opportunity to replace him with someone with real potential and of course much younger in years, I do not like the criticism aimed at our manager and I find it extremely difficult to sit on my hands and keep quiet, but I wish no other Palace fan any ill because I understand fully their frustrations.

Troublesome temperament.

He's just fed up of being set up to fail every week.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 64 of 153 < 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > roy out