You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > French teacher beheaded in Islamic terror attack.
April 11 2021 4.46am

French teacher beheaded in Islamic terror attack.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 15 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

 

View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 27 Mar 21 9.29am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Belmont

In general elections I have voted on the left , even though some of my view are also right leaning and you honestly think I would condone victimising a teacher for teaching and then supporting criminal proceedings against them, nice generalised view you've got gong on there.

LOL. Well done you. Go and get yourself a biscuit.

But how loudly would you vocalise your opposition to what is happening in Batley in a pro-Left wing environment? And what reaction do you think you would get? How much of a deal-breaker would it be for you?

Also how are we meant to view the utter hypocrisy of the policing here? Last week some friends of my daughter where playing football in a park. Only half a dozen of them. Police turned up and asked them to disperse. Which they did. They were breaking the rules and even the cops apologised for having to enforce them but they stopped playing and went home.

Yet these protests are allowed? How are we meant to view this? As tolerance? Or utter cowardice and capitulation?

 


Now on GAB @Matov. Come and help build something.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Belmont's Profile Belmont Flag 27 Mar 21 10.14am Send a Private Message to Belmont Add Belmont as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

LOL. Well done you. Go and get yourself a biscuit.

But how loudly would you vocalise your opposition to what is happening in Batley in a pro-Left wing environment? And what reaction do you think you would get? How much of a deal-breaker would it be for you?

Also how are we meant to view the utter hypocrisy of the policing here? Last week some friends of my daughter where playing football in a park. Only half a dozen of them. Police turned up and asked them to disperse. Which they did. They were breaking the rules and even the cops apologised for having to enforce them but they stopped playing and went home.

Yet these protests are allowed? How are we meant to view this? As tolerance? Or utter cowardice and capitulation?

Well my opposition is I have no time for people protesting about teaching a religious subject using religious imigary, if they want their children to have an education they should accept they need to have a balanced one . If I was in Batley and I had access to the parents protesting I would share my view, it wouldn't bother me to have a open dicussion with them, no so not a deal breaker.

You could draw your parallel about your daughters friends and the policing of the vigil on Clapham Common, the anti lockdown protests were they also utter cowardice and capitulation in your eyes?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 27 Mar 21 10.21am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Belmont

You could draw your parallel about your daughters friends and the policing of the vigil on Clapham Common, the anti lockdown protests were they also utter cowardice and capitulation in your eyes?

I guess that on one level then yes, very much cowardice and capitulation. But I also accept that circumstances have to be taken into account. Where I struggle so much with Bately is that this protest has continued now for several days. A one-off, then perhaps a blind eye could be turned. Checks and balances and all that jazz.

But how long will it be tolerated? That protesters seem adamant that they will remain until the teacher is sacked. How long is that allowed to carry on?


*A comment Edited by me because you know what, in this day and age, even the most thickest skinned of us cannot take the risk.


Edited by Matov (27 Mar 2021 10.37am)

 


Now on GAB @Matov. Come and help build something.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 27 Mar 21 10.25am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Belmont

Well my opposition is I have no time for people protesting about teaching a religious subject using religious imigary, if they want their children to have an education they should accept they need to have a balanced one . If I was in Batley and I had access to the parents protesting I would share my view, it wouldn't bother me to have a open dicussion with them, no so not a deal breaker.

You could draw your parallel about your daughters friends and the policing of the vigil on Clapham Common, the anti lockdown protests were they also utter cowardice and capitulation in your eyes?

Its NOT the parents that are protesting, as they have admitted themselves, its people from outside the area. The parents have even signed the petition that is doing the rounds, wanting the said Teacher to reinstated, as the kids of ALL persuasions really like him. As an aside the imagery, has been in use for over 2 years & no-one has complained before.

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 27 Mar 21 10.31am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Moonies, Mormons, Seventh Day Evangelists, Buddhists.....it seems that some religions can be the victims of jokes, puns, gags, comedy sketches and other criticism. Serious criticism such as teachings on Blood Transfusions. Criticised and/or lampooned.

And some religions, not so much.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 27 Mar 21 10.38am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

Moonies, Mormons, Seventh Day Evangelists, Buddhists.....it seems that some religions can be the victims of jokes, puns, gags, comedy sketches and other criticism. Serious criticism such as teachings on Blood Transfusions. Criticised and/or lampooned.

And some religions, not so much.


I just edited a flippant comment of mine. This fear stuff works, even on those of us who claim to be immune. Scary times to live in.

 


Now on GAB @Matov. Come and help build something.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Belmont's Profile Belmont Flag 27 Mar 21 11.02am Send a Private Message to Belmont Add Belmont as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

I guess that on one level then yes, very much cowardice and capitulation. But I also accept that circumstances have to be taken into account. Where I struggle so much with Bately is that this protest has continued now for several days. A one-off, then perhaps a blind eye could be turned. Checks and balances and all that jazz.

But how long will it be tolerated? That protesters seem adamant that they will remain until the teacher is sacked. How long is that allowed to carry on?


*A comment Edited by me because you know what, in this day and age, even the most thickest skinned of us cannot take the risk.


Edited by Matov (27 Mar 2021 10.37am)

Ok I'll cut to the chase on what I think about this, do I respect their right to protest, yes as much as I do anybody's. Should they be policed in the same way as anybody else, of course. If there was a hint of they are being policed differently because of their religious beliefs or for any other generalised reason I think whoever makes that decision to do that shouldn't be doing the Bl00dy job in my opinion, everyone should be policed equally no matter who they are unless I suppose there is a tactical reason I don't know about.

As for what happens to the teacher, well that should be nothing unless I suppose he did it deliberately to cause offense which I would be highly surprised about. Also if I heard a hint about anyone of those protesters agreeing with any death threat I hope there is something they can arrest them for.

There you go an opinion from a lefty scum bag ;-)


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Belmont's Profile Belmont Flag 27 Mar 21 11.04am Send a Private Message to Belmont Add Belmont as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Its NOT the parents that are protesting, as they have admitted themselves, its people from outside the area. The parents have even signed the petition that is doing the rounds, wanting the said Teacher to reinstated, as the kids of ALL persuasions really like him. As an aside the imagery, has been in use for over 2 years & no-one has complained before.

Must admit I didn't know that well the others should p!ss off and mind their own then.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 27 Mar 21 11.33am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Belmont


There you go an opinion from a lefty scum bag ;-)



Fair enough. I think that perhaps my language is at fault here (mea cupla). I should be more specific given that it is clear the Left is as nuanced as the Right.

Progressive Lefty Scumbag might be a more fitting term.

Personally, I find the likes of Paul Embury always interesting to read and listen to so there are voices on the Left that I can tolerate. Probably disagree on the economics side, but such is life, but in terms of social policy, think he talks a lot of sense.


 


Now on GAB @Matov. Come and help build something.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 27 Mar 21 12.06pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Belmont

Well my opposition is I have no time for people protesting about teaching a religious subject using religious imigary, if they want their children to have an education they should accept they need to have a balanced one . If I was in Batley and I had access to the parents protesting I would share my view, it wouldn't bother me to have a open dicussion with them, no so not a deal breaker.

You could draw your parallel about your daughters friends and the policing of the vigil on Clapham Common, the anti lockdown protests were they also utter cowardice and capitulation in your eyes?

Honestly Belmont I don't advise trying to speak sense to religious nutcases who will have no problem shadowing you, finding where you live, trolling you on social media at best and threatening you, or at worst chopping you up. That's the stage we're at. I'm incredibly unhappy about it, I see these people every day even here in Ireland. One can only imagine how much more ingrained Islamic radicalism is in England.
I left well over 20 years ago and there were plenty about then. At least, at the time they used to fight the Sikhs and Hindus and leave the English out of it. Not any more, as we are all witnessing. I have got so fed up with it that I would support a ban on Islamic immigration. If I went to their country and acted as they do, they would stone me to death. I know this isn't perhaps a fair comparison but it's an understandable reaction. I've served both of my countries militarily and in public service, I work in education and they want to drag us back to the crusades. No thanks. I don't want to generalise but what's our choice? Clearly they want to attack our education, you see integration all around you. These people have created their own society within our society. They are not at all interested in our culture, language, arts, law, government. They don't even just want to be a separate state within a state anymore. They want to impose their sick values on us.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Belmont's Profile Belmont Flag 27 Mar 21 1.00pm Send a Private Message to Belmont Add Belmont as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Honestly Belmont I don't advise trying to speak sense to religious nutcases who will have no problem shadowing you, finding where you live, trolling you on social media at best and threatening you, or at worst chopping you up. That's the stage we're at. I'm incredibly unhappy about it, I see these people every day even here in Ireland. One can only imagine how much more ingrained Islamic radicalism is in England.
I left well over 20 years ago and there were plenty about then. At least, at the time they used to fight the Sikhs and Hindus and leave the English out of it. Not any more, as we are all witnessing. I have got so fed up with it that I would support a ban on Islamic immigration. If I went to their country and acted as they do, they would stone me to death. I know this isn't perhaps a fair comparison but it's an understandable reaction. I've served both of my countries militarily and in public service, I work in education and they want to drag us back to the crusades. No thanks. I don't want to generalise but what's our choice? Clearly they want to attack our education, you see integration all around you. These people have created their own society within our society. They are not at all interested in our culture, language, arts, law, government. They don't even just want to be a separate state within a state anymore. They want to impose their sick values on us.

I must admit I have never met a muslim that radicalised and to be honest I can't understand how any religion belief can make people so hell bent on doing the things they do. I am maybe naive but I would like to have that discussion because until you understand something how the hell do you do something about it.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 27 Mar 21 1.07pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

This will probably be yet another example of how unprincipled and compromised the Left become when trying to avoid alienating their new immigrant pool of voters.

This country needs to wake up to what is happening before we are completely back in the dark ages.

We have one foot in the door already, and it's all because of an insane immigration policy and the utter contempt our politicians have for the future of this country.
I warned people where we were heading years ago but most are too short sighted to see.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 15 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > French teacher beheaded in Islamic terror attack.