You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Oregon decriminilizes possession of drugs
December 2 2020 7.20am

Oregon decriminilizes possession of drugs

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 2 « First< 1 2

 

View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 20 Nov 20 4.27pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

true. I'm not as good as you at being tedious, officious and boring. But then again, i am not an accountant.

The rule of 3 doesn't have the same impact when 2 of the 3 things mean the same thing.

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 20 Nov 20 4.47pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

The rule of 3 doesn't have the same impact when 2 of the 3 things mean the same thing.

a Troll is somebody who diverts a thread from its main subject.

Getting back to drugs, when i cannot sleep nor can i get appropriate drugs.....i will simply re-read your postings on here DanH.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 20 Nov 20 4.55pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

a Troll is somebody who diverts a thread from its main subject.

Getting back to drugs, when i cannot sleep nor can i get appropriate drugs.....i will simply re-read your postings on here DanH.

And if I want to recreate the feeling of sniffing glue I'll read yours.

 


Tw@tter:

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 20 Nov 20 5.12pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The drugs issue has always seemed to be one of those 50/50 issues for me. I don't think a 'good' system exists.

Part of me thinks that you either have to have zero tolerance (which works against human nature) or you have to accept all drugs (where the state don't protect the vulnerable and indeed profit from their misery as with fags and booze).

The middle ground is an admission of failure either way....perhaps that's probably the least worse position.

An imperfect feck up that creates overall less harm? I don't know.

But like Badger I've never taken hallucinogenics in my life as I regard them as promoting unreality.....which tends to not end well for most....especially for those with holes in their lives who can't moderate.

No one wants a crack head flying their plane.


Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Nov 2020 5.15pm)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag Kent 20 Nov 20 5.21pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

If you can see off the remainder of whatever you're caught with and still see then possession only.

Would defeat the purpose in some cases!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 20 Nov 20 5.32pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The drugs issue has always seemed to be one of those 50/50 issues for me. I don't think a 'good' system exists.

Part of me thinks that you either have to have zero tolerance (which works against human nature) or you have to accept all drugs (where the state don't protect the vulnerable and indeed profit from their misery as with fags and booze).

The middle ground is an admission of failure either way....perhaps that's probably the least worse position.

An imperfect feck up that creates overall less harm? I don't know.

But like Badger I've never taken hallucinogenics in my life as I regard them as promoting unreality.....which tends to not end well for most....especially for those with holes in their lives who can't moderate.

No one wants a crack head flying their plane.


Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Nov 2020 5.15pm)

that is a very intelligent posting me auld drum-banging loon. Glad all over to see you back on here. Raising the average IQ on this thread.

I believe the drugs war has failed. Maybe more toleration/decriminalisation with taxes ? or getting people to sign a disclaimer that if the drugs cause a medical nightmare that its not the taxpayers job to carry you. Dunno, but defo many changes could improve the situation.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 20 Nov 20 6.04pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

that is a very intelligent posting me auld drum-banging loon. Glad all over to see you back on here. Raising the average IQ on this thread.

I believe the drugs war has failed. Maybe more toleration/decriminalisation with taxes ? or getting people to sign a disclaimer that if the drugs cause a medical nightmare that its not the taxpayers job to carry you. Dunno, but defo many changes could improve the situation.

Tips hat.

The drugs war has definitely failed like you say. Anything that works against human desires will always fail in democracies....just as prohibition failed.

Society will always have those who lives are tragic failures....just as Jesus supposedly said 'there will always be poor'.

People will sign whatever they feel is in their best interest and then do what they want anyway.....Do we leave the failures to rot on the floor.

I don't think we can...It's the strong helping the weak.

However, it's true that this saps at the strength of society....but I guess that it's a sign of civilisation.

What I don't agree with is forcing the strong to be average and suggesting that strength is something inherently bad because it isn't equal.

I celebrate strength (by which I really mean success) and think it should be promoted in all its forms as mostly (not always) the outcome of meritocracy.....if sometimes the unfairness of genetics.


Edited by Stirlingsays (20 Nov 2020 6.08pm)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sitdownstandup's Profile sitdownstandup Flag 26 Nov 20 12.57pm Send a Private Message to sitdownstandup Add sitdownstandup as a friend

Vancouver has just voted to decriminalize all drugs too. (well possessing small amounts anyway.)

[Link]

Edited by sitdownstandup (26 Nov 2020 12.59pm)

 


I never use a napkin on my lap at a restaurant... because I believe in myself.

Hannibal Burress

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 26 Nov 20 2.09pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

And if I want to recreate the feeling of sniffing glue I'll read yours.

Get in a boatload of Paracetamol - you’re in for one beezer of a headache.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 2 « First< 1 2

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Oregon decriminilizes possession of drugs