You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Bitcoin
July 3 2022 7.11am

Bitcoin

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 14 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

 

View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 06 Apr 22 6.51pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Beanyboysmd

Anyone can see your wallet, its open for anyone to see. I have literally seen Logan Pauls entire blockchain history from the day he opened one. No hacking, no special software, its all out in the open. Would you want that to be the future of finance? Where I can see every online payment you ever made? How much could I find out about you if all payments were made that way? What if your bosses chose to have a look to make sure 'your personal values tie in with theirs? What if the police used it to find out what sort of people you donate to to find 'potential trouble makers'?
What if people with trully bad intentions could see your entire financial history? If you are on the right, imagine what level of 'cancel culture' the lefties could inflict on people when they can see your entire history and can put anything thet want in your wallet with no ability to remove it?

I am pretty much a libertarian leftie and to me an authoritarian world would only take a couple of steps from here, if ypu are on the right then it should scare you that personal privacy would be over as we know it and cancel culture would have vastly more weaponry than just shouting online. As a capitalist you should be terrified that everything you have built can be taken from you by any bored teenager that just wants to see the world burn

Cryptocurrency has all the potential to be the very worst thing thats ever happened to society and the only reason it hasnt is that most people with half a brain know that they dont know enough about it to bet their future on it

I'm no expert on the area, but aren't some crypto currencies effectively more anonymous than others? The future seems destinated to be digital currency driven, but whether that will involve Bitcoin, a different currency or something government driven I don't know!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe West 06 Apr 22 8.08pm Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

I'm no expert on the area, but aren't some crypto currencies effectively more anonymous than others? The future seems destinated to be digital currency driven, but whether that will involve Bitcoin, a different currency or something government driven I don't know!

My take has always been that fiat currency will win out, most likely in a digitised form IF it makes sense to do so.

But a lot of work needs to be done re. what I thought was a good technology (blockchain) to turn it into something usable

In it's current state, crypto is nothing more than a speculative asset. Until something viable arrives on the horizon it is being maintained by nothing other than people with vast wealth, scams, FOMO and hot air.

 


said the rabid giraffe whilst brandishing his throbbing member of reason, and twas ever thus.

Did you know? 95% of people are morons.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Apr 22 1.47am Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

My take has always been that fiat currency will win out, most likely in a digitised form IF it makes sense to do so.

But a lot of work needs to be done re. what I thought was a good technology (blockchain) to turn it into something usable

In it's current state, crypto is nothing more than a speculative asset. Until something viable arrives on the horizon it is being maintained by nothing other than people with vast wealth, scams, FOMO and hot air.

I can see why people get involved because regardless of where bitcoin and the like eventually end up it created a buss like no other, people love investing in technology, and also there's the desire by many to diversify. It'll be fascinating to see where these technologies go in future and which technology or coin wins out.

To my mind, although they aren't government controlled if unregulated cryptocurrencies get too big for their boots governments will more aggressively step in and possibly in unison (unless of course for some reason it's not in their interests to do so). This would possibly open the door for a government regulated digital fiat currency along the lines of your thoughts. I'm not really convinced that anybody really knows where things are headed but it'll be fascinating to keep an eye on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Beanyboysmd's Profile Beanyboysmd Flag 07 Apr 22 8.01am Send a Private Message to Beanyboysmd Add Beanyboysmd as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

I'm no expert on the area, but aren't some crypto currencies effectively more anonymous than others? The future seems destinated to be digital currency driven, but whether that will involve Bitcoin, a different currency or something government driven I don't know!

So, every transaction can been seen openly, its built into the chain itself, so if I know your wallet id (Username for your wallet basically), I can look on the history of every payment you have ever sent or received. The only thing that is anonymous is that it doesn't specifically have your name on it but if you ever want me to send you money, or send money, you will have to give me that wallet id. From there I can find out everything you have ever done. It is not possible for it to be anything other than open and available for anyone to see.

There is no future it crpto, companies will say it is, people into crypto will say it is, but it cannot provide anything that doesn't already exist, leave them in their bubble. You are not missing out on anything, and NFT's are just a bunch of people who are sick of "the man treading on the little guy" who are desperate to be the man so they can tread on the little guy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Apr 22 4.14pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Beanyboysmd

So, every transaction can been seen openly, its built into the chain itself, so if I know your wallet id (Username for your wallet basically), I can look on the history of every payment you have ever sent or received. The only thing that is anonymous is that it doesn't specifically have your name on it but if you ever want me to send you money, or send money, you will have to give me that wallet id. From there I can find out everything you have ever done. It is not possible for it to be anything other than open and available for anyone to see.

There is no future it crpto, companies will say it is, people into crypto will say it is, but it cannot provide anything that doesn't already exist, leave them in their bubble. You are not missing out on anything, and NFT's are just a bunch of people who are sick of "the man treading on the little guy" who are desperate to be the man so they can tread on the little guy.

Thanks for the explanation . And I find the whole NFT thing fascinating. I get the thrust of the argument that the scarcity aspect offline - say in owning the actual Mona Lisa rather than a photocopy of it - and how that could feasibly translate to value being attributed to official/blockchain online art and the like.

Life is in various ways moving more online (hell one or two of our resident race hate oddballs on here essentially live online rather than off - I wonder what they'd like an NFT of?) so it makes sense on that basis. Though we still appear a little short of going 'all in' on Zucks paradise.

Only from what I hear it's more the location of the art in the chain that people own rather than the online art work itself. That and there's a mad scramble for 'art' that people have clearly knocked up in five minutes, akin to Tulip Mania. Maybe some of the very early NFTs will grow in value due to that uniqueness, and I do like some of the frames that can display such art in an online meets offline kind of angle, but I'm not convinced that NFTs as they currently are, as a whole will succeed longterm though.

Edited by BlueJay (07 Apr 2022 4.15pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag UK/Thailand 07 Apr 22 5.20pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Beanyboysmd

So, every transaction can been seen openly, its built into the chain itself, so if I know your wallet id (Username for your wallet basically), I can look on the history of every payment you have ever sent or received. The only thing that is anonymous is that it doesn't specifically have your name on it but if you ever want me to send you money, or send money, you will have to give me that wallet id. From there I can find out everything you have ever done. It is not possible for it to be anything other than open and available for anyone to see.

There is no future it crpto, companies will say it is, people into crypto will say it is, but it cannot provide anything that doesn't already exist, leave them in their bubble. You are not missing out on anything, and NFT's are just a bunch of people who are sick of "the man treading on the little guy" who are desperate to be the man so they can tread on the little guy.


I agree and been trying to explain this to many people but they wont listen.

The people gaining and that own most of it are already wealthy who are manipulating the market.

When you still have to provide ID like a passport or Driving license to even use the service you know full well the whole claims of anonymous plus govt has no involvement is BS crypto is taxed

I was hoping it would die many years ago before it hit mainstream and people fell for the misleading info about it.

 


Real-Debrid (Multi-Host) - [Link]
SurfShark (VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Apr 22 5.30pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


I agree and been trying to explain this to many people but they wont listen.

The people gaining and that own most of it are already wealthy who are manipulating the market.

When you still have to provide ID like a passport or Driving license to even use the service you know full well the whole claims of anonymous plus govt has no involvement is BS crypto is taxed

I was hoping it would die many years ago before it hit mainstream and people fell for the misleading info about it.

It's certainly a fair point about ID. Regulation is creeping in across the board and governments will frequently (but not always) knows who owns what, which detracts from the selling point.

On the plus side, if people did get involved several years back and keep their crypto they have likely done very well out of it. Of course many will have lost their bottle along the way though, and past performance is no indication of the future.

Many thanks for the message btw. Good of you!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag UK/Thailand 07 Apr 22 5.49pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

It's certainly a fair point about ID. Regulation is creeping in across the board and governments will frequently (but not always) knows who owns what, which detracts from the selling point.

On the plus side, if people did get involved several years back and keep their crypto they have likely done very well out of it. Of course many will have lost their bottle along the way though, and past performance is no indication of the future.

Many thanks for the message btw. Good of you!


No problem and you should use a vpn with any iptv service i forgot to mention this.

A link for one is at the bottom of my posts they offer very good price for first 2 years. (this company has the same owner as nordvpn its a better price plus unlimited devices unlike nord)

 


Real-Debrid (Multi-Host) - [Link]
SurfShark (VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 07 Apr 22 6.50pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Thin end of the wedge . . . ?

Crawley Town have been bought/taken over by a US 'crypto' Co, WAGMI

[Link]

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Apr 22 6.58pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Thin end of the wedge . . . ?

Crawley Town have been bought/taken over by a US 'crypto' Co, WAGMI

[Link]

Weird World . Good luck to them though. I've enjoyed watching Ryan Reynolds journey with Wrexham..

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 14 Apr 22 11.55pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

Only from what I hear it's more the location of the art in the chain that people own rather than the online art work itself. That and there's a mad scramble for 'art' that people have clearly knocked up in five minutes, akin to Tulip Mania. M


Edited by BlueJay (07 Apr 2022 4.15pm)

I saw it described today as like everyone's f***ing your wife but at least it's your name on the marriage certificate .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe West 12 May 22 9.42am Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

Good time to buy

etc etc

 


said the rabid giraffe whilst brandishing his throbbing member of reason, and twas ever thus.

Did you know? 95% of people are morons.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 14 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Bitcoin