You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > I Love Croydon-Roy
June 19 2021 11.29am

I Love Croydon-Roy

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 17 of 19 < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 16 May 21 4.51pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

i am struggling to think of a list of managers with a better CV than Roy. Anybody on that list would not touch us with a ten-foot barge-pole . Carlo Ancelotti ? yeah, right.

And younger managers ? with a track record of getting such results on a tiny budget ?

we don't know how good we got it with Roy.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 16 May 21 4.54pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Ali_Campbell

Unfortunately, the ĎRoy Outí brigade will never credit Roy when he wins. You just have to look back at the comments. When we lose, itís Royís fault. When we win, itís something he should have done weeks ago or down to luck.

Given what the players Ďcaní play like and how far up the table we Ďshouldí be, it should be a doddle for the next guy coming in.

I hope I am proved wrong, but I think of all the managers currently available, Roy is by far the best equipped to go again next season.

Great point about the transfers. Roy has no say in transfers. You can tell because he would never have agreed to Meyer. Itís the same when FdB was given Sakho. Our managers are given the players to play, if they donít fit in the system, then tough. Something the new guy will need to get used to.


Think actually itís the other way around - every time we have a half decent result or performance the so called ďRoy InĒ brigade appear en masse...!!

Yet when weíre being beaten 7-0 at home by Liverpool, 3-0:against Aston Villa away against 10 men and dire after dire performances in succession are being produced they are nowhere to be seen or heard from..!!

Conversely as today proves my opinion remains constant - irrespective of the result the trend has been on the downward curve for the last 18 months and IMO a more expansive and dynamic Manager would have got/will get more out of this squad than Roy.

Thatís my opinion and Iíve been consistent in saying it.

Nothing against Roy heís done a great job but IMO itís time to say thanks and move on..!!

COYP


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 16 May 21 5.06pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

i am struggling to think of a list of managers with a better CV than Roy. Anybody on that list would not touch us with a ten-foot barge-pole . Carlo Ancelotti ? yeah, right.

And younger managers ? with a track record of getting such results on a tiny budget ?

we don't know how good we got it with Roy.

Yeah but you miss the obvious thing there - unless young Managers are given opportunities how do they create a track record..??

Are you suggesting that we should only ever appoint aged Managers..!!

Like all things in life all good things come to an end and IMO weíve reached that stage with Roy.

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Inside IR35 16 May 21 5.14pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle


Think actually itís the other way around - every time we have a half decent result or performance the so called ďRoy InĒ brigade appear en masse...!!

Yet when weíre being beaten 7-0 at home by Liverpool, 3-0:against Aston Villa away against 10 men and dire after dire performances in succession are being produced they are nowhere to be seen or heard from..!!

Conversely as today proves my opinion remains constant - irrespective of the result the trend has been on the downward curve for the last 18 months and IMO a more expansive and dynamic Manager would have got/will get more out of this squad than Roy.

Thatís my opinion and Iíve been consistent in saying it.

Nothing against Roy heís done a great job but IMO itís time to say thanks and move on..!!

COYP



I don't think there's specifically a 'Roy in' brigade. It's more a case of people who are merely reacting to the sheer ignorant idiocy of some of the more deluded folks who have no concept of the ins and outs of managing a squadful of egos and who want him out.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 16 May 21 5.22pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Financially we are punching way above our weight. Thanks to Roy.

Allowing a young unproven manager to use Palace as a testing ground ?

yeah, and i will let my 17 year old nephew drive my Ferrari on a pub crawl

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 16 May 21 5.24pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

i am struggling to think of a list of managers with a better CV than Roy. Anybody on that list would not touch us with a ten-foot barge-pole . Carlo Ancelotti ? yeah, right.

And younger managers ? with a track record of getting such results on a tiny budget ?

we don't know how good we got it with Roy.

Superbly written. Roy is the boy!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 16 May 21 5.29pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt


I don't think there's specifically a 'Roy in' brigade. It's more a case of people who are merely reacting to the sheer ignorant idiocy of some of the more deluded folks who have no concept of the ins and outs of managing a squadful of egos and who want him out.

So we have a squad full of egos that need to be managed do we? I am not sure when Roy said that and yet again you refer to deluded fans and ignorant idiocy because some have a different perspective of the situation. If you want to debate fine but your post is just arrogant, inflammatory and unnecessary.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Inside IR35 16 May 21 5.32pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

So we have a squad full of egos that need to be managed do we? I am not sure when Roy said that and yet again you refer to deluded fans and ignorant idiocy because some have a different perspective of the situation. If you want to debate fine but your post is just arrogant, inflammatory and unnecessary.

If the cap fits, fella...

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 16 May 21 5.33pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt


I don't think there's specifically a 'Roy in' brigade. It's more a case of people who are merely reacting to the sheer ignorant idiocy of some of the more deluded folks who have no concept of the ins and outs of managing a squadful of egos and who want him out.

So Iím an ignorant idiot am I..!!

Yep well if thatís your level of reasoned debate - enough said..!!

Iíll leave it there..!!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Inside IR35 16 May 21 5.37pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

So Iím an ignorant idiot am I..!!

Yep well if thatís your level of reasoned debate - enough said..!!

Iíll leave it there..!!

COYP

I said 'some of'. Yours was not a name that sprang to mind when I said it.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 16 May 21 5.42pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

So Iím an ignorant idiot am I..!!

Yep well if thatís your level of reasoned debate - enough said..!!

Iíll leave it there..!!

COYP

well i am ignorant, i am struggling to remember Palace managers better than Roy ( and loyal) in the last 20 years.

and also struggling to see the young 'Boy Wonder' who will swing in and start miracles at Selhurst.

ignorant indeed

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium, the Vitality, turf moor & Anfield to Old Trafford x 2.....or a neighbourly visit to Craven Cottage...Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 16 May 21 6.03pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

well i am ignorant, i am struggling to remember Palace managers better than Roy ( and loyal) in the last 20 years.

and also struggling to see the young 'Boy Wonder' who will swing in and start miracles at Selhurst.

ignorant indeed

Never said there were any better in the last 20 years did I..??"

In fact I said - say thanks to Roy for all he has done, but time to move on.

On "Boy Wonder" - how do you know unless you try something/someone different..!!

What's your plan - to keep 73 year old Roy irrespective of declining results and performances, then what more of the same for another year - is that really a plan for the future..??

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 17 of 19 < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > I Love Croydon-Roy