You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Match threads
May 18 2021 9.40pm

Match threads

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 01 May 21 6.44pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Getting shorter and shorter?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gaz1959's Profile gaz1959 Flag Bamford Lancashire 01 May 21 6.59pm Send a Private Message to gaz1959 Add gaz1959 as a friend

To be honest not very much to say its the same old.
Eze was on a break stopped passed back and next thing Guiata got the ball they a numbing the life out of us, not saying Roy's bad, he has kept us up but I'd rather be in the championship or league one with a battle to get in the play offs rather than just survive in this league.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Petts Wood Eagle's Profile Petts Wood Eagle Flag Petts Wood 01 May 21 7.00pm Send a Private Message to Petts Wood Eagle Add Petts Wood Eagle as a friend

With the way we play, posters could just copy and paste from the previous match thread.
We are so predictable, same team, same tactics, same mistakes, same old same old.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 01 May 21 7.17pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

I'm a ST holder and have been for donkeys years. I only found out today's result about 10 minutes ago. It was inevitable 1-the result, and 2-how we would play. It is so boring at the moment that today I just couldn't be arsed.

I've renewed my ST for next season in the hope that Hodgson has gone by then.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 01 May 21 7.58pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

I'm a ST holder and have been for donkeys years. I only found out today's result about 10 minutes ago. It was inevitable 1-the result, and 2-how we would play. It is so boring at the moment that today I just couldn't be arsed.

I've renewed my ST for next season in the hope that Hodgson has gone by then.

Tbh I was just poking the bear but feel as you do.
Renewed my ST and hoping the same as you.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 May 21 4.21pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I have to say I didn't watch the game either. No point in adding more misery to the tedium I'm already suffering through. The only season I was like this before was when we couldn't score and were called Crystal Palace nil, Armstrong was up front.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 02 May 21 4.38pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

I love watching Palace & have been a fan for as long as I can remember - Yesterdays game was on BT sport (which I get for free from my phone provider) I had some paperwork to do & didn't even bother watching the game - Maybe it was just cause it was Citeh & the result was pretty much a foregone conclusion but I cant ever remember being this disinterested.

I haven't made a decision on renewing my season ticket yet but if I cant muster up more enthusiasm than this its going to be a tough call.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 02 May 21 5.31pm Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

It's interesting to re-read yesterday's Match Thread. Page 1: mainly about the line-up, with a bit of the usual grumbling. Page 2: Q&A about where the game can be watched or listened to. Pages 3 and 4 positively glowing with compliments about our performance. Then on page 5 we concede 2 goals and the mood changes completely. From then on it's as if the first 60 minutes of good, entertaining play had never happened.

It's part of the fate of being a football fan to feel angry, disillusioned and bitter when your team is losing. But in my opinion yesterday wasn't a case of "same old". It was a defeat against a vastly better, astronomically expensively assembled team, against whom we acquitted ourselves well for two-thirds of the game. I haven't re-read the whole thread, but I don't think the traditional references to "dross", "pile of sh*t", etc. featured, which perhaps signifies that many posters knew in themselves that we hadn't done badly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 02 May 21 6.03pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

It's interesting to re-read yesterday's Match Thread. Page 1: mainly about the line-up, with a bit of the usual grumbling. Page 2: Q&A about where the game can be watched or listened to. Pages 3 and 4 positively glowing with compliments about our performance. Then on page 5 we concede 2 goals and the mood changes completely. From then on it's as if the first 60 minutes of good, entertaining play had never happened.

It's part of the fate of being a football fan to feel angry, disillusioned and bitter when your team is losing. But in my opinion yesterday wasn't a case of "same old". It was a defeat against a vastly better, astronomically expensively assembled team, against whom we acquitted ourselves well for two-thirds of the game. I haven't re-read the whole thread, but I don't think the traditional references to "dross", "pile of sh*t", etc. featured, which perhaps signifies that many posters knew in themselves that we hadn't done badly.


Spot on JRW. We played well against both Leicester and Citeh and yet fans are already writing off our chances against Sheffield U. How fickle some people can be.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HesHereHesThere's Profile HesHereHesThere Flag Beckenham 02 May 21 7.38pm Send a Private Message to HesHereHesThere Add HesHereHesThere as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Tbh I was just poking the bear but feel as you do.
Renewed my ST and hoping the same as you.

Pre Hodgson we had 11 season tickets. Five of us packed them in the season before this, I jacked our three in yesterday leaving just three out of eleven. Those three are giving it one last season...s*** really. My two kids won't even watch us now as we're so boring, never saw it panning out this way when we got promoted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crystal-purley's Profile crystal-purley Flag Purley 02 May 21 8.13pm Send a Private Message to crystal-purley Add crystal-purley as a friend

I am looking forward to next season and I have renewed my season ticket. I have watched for a few seasons now (25+) and although I hate to lose, especially against the big boys I will continue watching. Being a Palace fan is different to being a fan of one of the big boys but look at how they are shuffling around and today a game has been postponed because (presumably) of severe whinging by their fans for which they will NOT be punished although they should be.
With no money and a lot to be spent be it on a new stand or on players or on the academy we cannot afford it but will (hopefully) still turn up next season and cheer on the Palace and moan about the ref or the gaps in the squad but we are Place and will follow our tean no matter what.

 


Just retired but haven't learned to garden yet

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 02 May 21 11.45pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by HesHereHesThere

Pre Hodgson we had 11 season tickets. Five of us packed them in the season before this, I jacked our three in yesterday leaving just three out of eleven. Those three are giving it one last season...s*** really. My two kids won't even watch us now as we're so boring, never saw it panning out this way when we got promoted.

Good now there will be some available for other fans who love the club.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Match threads