You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Match threads
May 10 2021 5.51am

Match threads

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View HesHereHesThere's Profile HesHereHesThere Flag Beckenham 03 May 21 9.07am Send a Private Message to HesHereHesThere Add HesHereHesThere as a friend

[quote=PZ Eagle;3624522

Good now there will be some available for other fans who love the club.

&#129315; you just keep paying your sky subscription sweetheart. At least we've got the balls to fvck it off when we’ve had enough and four seasons of Hodgson’s boreball is enough for me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 03 May 21 9.51am Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

you still the love the club of course, strangely I felt the same way when we were successful under Coppell, just couldn't watch the football sometimes, I was genuinely bored, it can happen

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 03 May 21 9.57am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

I have heard of long-term supporters who are simply NOT renewing their season tickets.
I suspect the club couldn't give a whit, the seats will be filled by others.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 03 May 21 11.04am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

I have heard of long-term supporters who are simply NOT renewing their season tickets.
I suspect the club couldn't give a whit, the seats will be filled by others.

I have a genuine worry about a younger generation of Palace fans. My son won't watch the games, I don't really blame him. Yet, with Pardew he was totally into it.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 03 May 21 1.42pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by HesHereHesThere

[quote=PZ Eagle;3624522

Good now there will be some available for other fans who love the club.

quote/&#129315; you just keep paying your sky subscription sweetheart. At least we've got the balls to fvck it off when we’ve had enough and four seasons of Hodgson’s boreball is enough for me./unquote

Firstly I don't have Sky. As a long time Palace fan I've seen some bad times at Palace such as losing at home to a rank amateur team in the 3rd round of the cup, having to seek re-election into the league more than once because we finished bottom of the 3rd Div then being relegated to Div 4. Add in a few more relegations along the way.

I no longer can attend matches because I like many others, live too far away so I have to watch on TV BUT
I was a season ticket holder for over twenty years after the Arthur was built and before that i watched from the Holmesdale before I moved away.

I suspect you are a johnny come lately jumping on the bandwagon when we reached the Premier league. True fans don't abandon their clubs because the going gets tough.

Edited by PZ Eagle (03 May 2021 1.54pm)

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View AuntyAnne70's Profile AuntyAnne70 Flag Tunbridge WElls 03 May 21 2.02pm Send a Private Message to AuntyAnne70 Add AuntyAnne70 as a friend

Yep, we should really have a go at City, with our ageing team.

Lose 8-0 to one of best club sides in the world and then the Roy out brigade would have been even more vociferous and happier.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HesHereHesThere's Profile HesHereHesThere Flag Beckenham 03 May 21 3.03pm Send a Private Message to HesHereHesThere Add HesHereHesThere as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

quote/&#129315; you just keep paying your sky subscription sweetheart. At least we've got the balls to fvck it off when we’ve had enough and four seasons of Hodgson’s boreball is enough for me./unquote

Firstly I don't have Sky. As a long time Palace fan I've seen some bad times at Palace such as losing at home to a rank amateur team in the 3rd round of the cup, having to seek re-election into the league more than once because we finished bottom of the 3rd Div then being relegated to Div 4. Add in a few more relegations along the way.

I no longer can attend matches because I like many others, live too far away so I have to watch on TV BUT
I was a season ticket holder for over twenty years after the Arthur was built and before that i watched from the Holmesdale before I moved away.

I suspect you are a johnny come lately jumping on the bandwagon when we reached the Premier league. True fans don't abandon their clubs because the going gets tough.

Edited by PZ Eagle (03 May 2021 1.54pm)

Unfortunately dear you suspect incorrectly. I've only supported us for 40 odd years, so yes you win that one. We (as in me and my group of mates) have had season tickets for many years but eight of us have now chucked them in, that's 72% plus my kids refuse to watch which is a real shame as they are the next generation of fans. Maybe it my age, but this team seems to be playing in the image of the manager, boring, negative and mostly past they're sell by date. We've all been there with s*** football under Burley, Francis, Taylor etc for example, but they never had the money we've had since we've been in the PL...that mismanagement is what is really pissing us lot off.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 03 May 21 3.29pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by HesHereHesThere

Unfortunately dear you suspect incorrectly. I've only supported us for 40 odd years, so yes you win that one. We (as in me and my group of mates) have had season tickets for many years but eight of us have now chucked them in, that's 72% plus my kids refuse to watch which is a real shame as they are the next generation of fans. Maybe it my age, but this team seems to be playing in the image of the manager, boring, negative and mostly past they're sell by date. We've all been there with s*** football under Burley, Francis, Taylor etc for example, but they never had the money we've had since we've been in the PL...that mismanagement is what is really pissing us lot off.


Perhaps it is the 'Modern game', I am sounding like Graeme Souness, with VAR and players going to ground rather too easily, squealing as they do so.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 03 May 21 3.55pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


In my case it’s a combination of moving away and age - when you’re old enough to be a parent to everyone playing you just don’t feel the same about football. It still hurts when we lose but only for a few minutes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 03 May 21 4.02pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Perhaps it is the 'Modern game', I am sounding like Graeme Souness, with VAR and players going to ground rather too easily, squealing as they do so.

It's called cheating Willo. So many players claiming fouls and rolling around in fake agony when they haven't even been touched looking to penalise their opponent. Hate to see it.

As is often the case though, this thread has meandered around, but recent posts have discussed the failing enthusiasm for supporting our team. Some suggesting giving up your season tickets due to the style of football we play.

I fail to understand how they can call themselves true Palace supporters. I've said before that, for various reasons, I've never had a season ticket. But ever since my father first started taking me to Selhurst over 60 years ago I have considered myself a supporter.

I would never look at another club first. I hate it when we put in a poor performance. I don't like us playing negative football.

But I'll always support Palace regardless of who is managing and who is playing.

And I always enjoy reading the match threads which I believe is where this one started.

 


Dad and I would watch games on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end, probably at the same time as Roy.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 03 May 21 4.11pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Perhaps it is the 'Modern game', I am sounding like Graeme Souness, with VAR and players going to ground rather too easily, squealing as they do so.

I have heard, that in the past, 'Cucking' used to like this in his, err, 'den'

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 03 May 21 4.23pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

It's called cheating Willo. So many players claiming fouls and rolling around in fake agony when they haven't even been touched looking to penalise their opponent. Hate to see it.

As is often the case though, this thread has meandered around, but recent posts have discussed the failing enthusiasm for supporting our team. Some suggesting giving up your season tickets due to the style of football we play.

I fail to understand how they can call themselves true Palace supporters. I've said before that, for various reasons, I've never had a season ticket. But ever since my father first started taking me to Selhurst over 60 years ago I have considered myself a supporter.

I would never look at another club first. I hate it when we put in a poor performance. I don't like us playing negative football.

But I'll always support Palace regardless of who is managing and who is playing.

And I always enjoy reading the match threads which I believe is where this one started.

You mentioned,quite correctly, players going to ground WITHOUT being touched, we also witness on a regular basis players falling to the hallowed turf at the merest of touches,not being of sufficient force to cause such a collapse to the ground.
We even hear Ex-professionals spout about "Buying a foul" and all that hogwash.Disgraceful.


Edited by Willo (03 May 2021 4.25pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Match threads