You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Main stand budget
June 24 2021 1.11pm

Main stand budget

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 24 May 21 5.33am Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Is there a possibility that any potential transfer funds will be pulled from the main stand budget?

This was supposedly "ring fenced" & set aside but the yanks clearly want to sell up. There was an interview recently with Josh Harris where he didn't mention Palace once (but mentioned other sporting franchises he owns).

Of course, both Harris & Blitzer still won't want to put their investment at risk & they'll know that probably requires investment in the squad. So perhaps, considering the issues with Sainsburys' & the fact we still haven't got started with the main stand, the club will simply dip into the "ring fenced" budget for the (alledged) 50m & wait for an eventual takeover before cracking on with the stadium again.

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 24 May 21 7.56am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Mstrobez

Is there a possibility that any potential transfer funds will be pulled from the main stand budget?

This was supposedly "ring fenced" & set aside but the yanks clearly want to sell up. There was an interview recently with Josh Harris where he didn't mention Palace once (but mentioned other sporting franchises he owns).

Of course, both Harris & Blitzer still won't want to put their investment at risk & they'll know that probably requires investment in the squad. So perhaps, considering the issues with Sainsburys' & the fact we still haven't got started with the main stand, the club will simply dip into the "ring fenced" budget for the (alledged) 50m & wait for an eventual takeover before cracking on with the stadium again.

Playing devils advocate, why would they dip into their own budget if they want to sell up. They haven’t donated that £50m to the club, it has been, “made available” for ground improvements if pursued. We are already guaranteed a year of PL football so if they are serious about selling I reckon they have until Christmas to find a buyer without spending a fortune on the squad.

I think the amount we spend pre-season will be a highly significant indication of where Blitzer and Harris mindset is on selling up or staying.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 24 May 21 8.18am Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Playing devils advocate, why would they dip into their own budget if they want to sell up. They haven’t donated that £50m to the club, it has been, “made available” for ground improvements if pursued. We are already guaranteed a year of PL football so if they are serious about selling I reckon they have until Christmas to find a buyer without spending a fortune on the squad.

I think the amount we spend pre-season will be a highly significant indication of where Blitzer and Harris mindset is on selling up or staying.

I take your point but if they fail to invest, we fail to find a buyer in time, and we're relegated as a result, they're set to lose a significant amount of money. It's also curious that the 50m cited is exactly the same as the amount they pledged for the stadium. It was reported at the time they took over that the 50m for the stadium was an "initial cash injection", whether that actually went into the club or not, who knows.

It's a shame it hasn't worked out with the Americans. If they were owners who genuinely wanted to take Palace forward, they do have the funds to do it. I guess if we started challenging for Europe, they may want to stick around.

Edited by Mstrobez (24 May 2021 8.21am)

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 24 May 21 9.26am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

The "ring fenced" funds are more likely to be some kind of personal indemnity to give contractors confidence the costs can be recovered in a worse case scenario.

Effectively agreeing to use their personal wealth to underwrite the project.

The club have still got to build replacements for the houses in Wooderson Close before anything can get going..... because what Croydon needs is more people.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 24 May 21 10.25am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

The "ring fenced" funds are more likely to be some kind of personal indemnity to give contractors confidence the costs can be recovered in a worse case scenario.

Effectively agreeing to use their personal wealth to underwrite the project.

The club have still got to build replacements for the houses in Wooderson Close before anything can get going..... because what Croydon needs is more Labour voters.

EFA

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag UK/Thailand 24 May 21 5.31pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

The ring fenced money is gone.

It was never enough anyway Sp came out with some figures regarding the new stand and none of it even added up which is why he was begging for more investment plus coming out with excuses

You can look back at some of the costs a few million was spend on flood lights and many other bits have been done media center then academy stuff this is not even including a lot of money that would of gone into the plans for stand plus under table funding.

It was a foolish choice to begin with that stand was going to cost around 150m complete waste of money.

They need to get away from that place yes it will cost a lot more but long term its the only viable solution.

Wont happen while we have current owners at the club

 


AIR VPN - [Link]
SurfShark VPN - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 24 May 21 5.35pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

We did up the fence ringing the ground. Lick of paint, took some of the rust off. Money was spent and nothing misleading was said.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View orpingtoneagle's Profile orpingtoneagle Flag Orpington 24 May 21 5.45pm Send a Private Message to orpingtoneagle Add orpingtoneagle as a friend

I have said before this idea we have millions sitting in a ring fenced account just waiting to be spent is just nonsense.

If it existed it would be dripping away anyway as it would have been lent by the yanks at a rate of interest far greater than would be paid on the investment.

There is no money for anything which has been reduced from nothing to less than nothing with no match day income streams.

So I wouldn't worry that we will spend anything on transfers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 25 May 21 5.40am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Did anybody really think based on an expensive model in his office and a conceptual video that "Parish's Folly" was ever really going to happen.

It was a distractive issue and worked as such for a while.

Please refer to my signature.

Expanding on this, if we remain a stable lower half of the table team, if we expand the capacity by say 10,000 seats, do we believe there are 10,000 people chomping at the bit to shell out say 700 a season ticket . That would generate gross 7,000,000 a year, maybe the basic salary of two decent players.

I believe with the likely shift in working patterns post covid the demand for some kind of conference centre needs to be reconsidered.

The only way I can see us getting any new stadium upgrade is to be bought by a mega rich outfit and the stadium is part of an overall humongous spend.

Interested for anyone who understands the economics of this to put forward the financial case for the proposed stadium expansion.

Edited by HKOwen (25 May 2021 5.48am)

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 25 May 21 7.29am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

My suspicion is that the ring fenced money is actually a loan facility we can draw down on when the project starts, to be repaid with interest of course.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Mstrobez's Profile Mstrobez Flag 25 May 21 7.36am Send a Private Message to Mstrobez Add Mstrobez as a friend

All the responses so far do beg the question then - where is this alleged transfer budget?

 


We're the Arthur over ere!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 25 May 21 7.39am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Mstrobez

All the responses so far do beg the question then - where is this alleged transfer budget?

Did we not have a whip round at our last home game?

Our budget will be based on how much we get for Wilf and those that are no longer on our wage bill. I don't expect any further money than that.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Main stand budget