You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Eddie Nketiah (Rumour)
June 30 2022 11.36pm

Eddie Nketiah (Rumour)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 20 of 22 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

 

View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 08 May 22 5.39pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by slubglurge

He will sign another contract with Arse.


I have my doubts about that. Arsenal won't be looking to him as their main striker so he'll be bench-warming at best next season if he stays. That doesn't mean I expect him to join us if he leaves. I think he'll be looking for a bigger club to match (what I believe to be) his inflated ego.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 08 May 22 5.43pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I have a feeling he is going to be one of those players that is always linked with Palace but never signs.

We have had quite a few like that in the past, every transfer window....

Hasn't he turned us down before?

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 08 May 22 10.35pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Hasn't he turned us down before?

Not really, he was going to join last season before his agent got too greedy and we refused to cough up his inflated fee. We subsequently signed Edouard instead. This is only rumour but it was from a decent source and I have no reason not to believe it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 09 May 22 9.34am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

If he scores goals and plays well for the remaining games, we wont be getting him. Arsenal will either offer him what he wants or or bigger european club will come in for him.

I think another bigger club coming in for him is more likely.

Arsenal will bring in a couple of strikers over the summer.

His agent will be running around Europe saying 'Look what Eddie can do if he plays'

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 10 May 22 8.48pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

There was every chance we could have signed him in January but now he has started scoring there is zero chance.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goalpost1's Profile Goalpost1 Flag Worcester Park 10 May 22 10.25pm Send a Private Message to Goalpost1 Add Goalpost1 as a friend

Apparently our old friends West Ham are now likely to sign him.

What's that I hear? West Ham trying to sign a player Palace are interested in? That doesn't usually happen...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 11 May 22 7.40am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I think the chain we be Haaland to Man City, Jesus to Arsenal, And Nketiah to Palace

The Chain has started, West Ham want Ollie Watkins

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 11 May 22 7.47am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

The Chain has started, West Ham want Ollie Watkins

It wouldn't be a transfer window if the Spam weren't linked with one of our targets.

I like Ollie Watkins but why would he want to go to West Ham and why would Villa sell him?

As for the rest of the chain nothing surprises me although Arsenal are now like Spurs linked with big name players who never arrive because they wont pay the money.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 11 May 22 9.52am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

It wouldn't be a transfer window if the Spam weren't linked with one of our targets.

I like Ollie Watkins but why would he want to go to West Ham and why would Villa sell him?

As for the rest of the chain nothing surprises me although Arsenal are now like Spurs linked with big name players who never arrive because they wont pay the money.

Money, 44k at villa, European football, and a nice pad in Brentwood

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 11 May 22 11.08am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

I understand Nketiah also linked with West Ham.

I am aware this annoys some posters, but we cannot compete with a new contract with the Arse and we cannot compete with West Ham. Bigger club, more chance of Europe, better ground and loads more money.

Hungry kids with colossal egos and little sense will go where their agent sends them. Older players will look for game time and good home and work environment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 11 May 22 12.55pm Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

I understand Nketiah also linked with West Ham.

I am aware this annoys some posters, but we cannot compete with a new contract with the Arse and we cannot compete with West Ham. Bigger club, more chance of Europe, better ground and loads more money.

Hungry kids with colossal egos and little sense will go where their agent sends them. Older players will look for game time and good home and work environment.

Well that's not all true is it

We offer him something different to Arsenal, game time. That's the reason he hasn't signed a new contract and will leave them. He's watched his U21 teammates get prem time and senior call ups whilst his career has stalled.

West Ham - much bigger competitor to us. On paper they have a lot going for them.

Not all kids come with colossal egos. Our players player of the year is a great example of a kid making a brave decision based on playing time, not greed.

I'd go so far to bet that there are more old players happy to sit on the bench and earn. Take Mr Martin Kelly for example - decent player, but has barely played for 5 years now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 11 May 22 1.07pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by MrRobbo

Well that's not all true is it

We offer him something different to Arsenal, game time. That's the reason he hasn't signed a new contract and will leave them. He's watched his U21 teammates get prem time and senior call ups whilst his career has stalled.

West Ham - much bigger competitor to us. On paper they have a lot going for them.

Not all kids come with colossal egos. Our players player of the year is a great example of a kid making a brave decision based on playing time, not greed.

I'd go so far to bet that there are more old players happy to sit on the bench and earn. Take Mr Martin Kelly for example - decent player, but has barely played for 5 years now.

You ain't wrong there Mr R . . . [Link]

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 20 of 22 < 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Eddie Nketiah (Rumour)